Taniela Paseka

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
All you say is reasonable but we do not nominate our top 25, our top 25 is a list of our top 25 highest money earners. We may have named our top 24 but the fact is we would have had a top 25. If we buy someone on more coin than the current 25th then he drops off and the new guy is in wherever he fits in. It would be a problem I think if the current 25th had already played FG.
What you say is true,maybe we had a few guys who are on the minimum 85K which is why we didn't nominate someone.Can you actually drop someone off the list if they are nominated or does the new addition get counted to the cap if you are starting the year under the cap?(counted towards the second tier cap)Or do you have to trade someone away like last year when we let a few guys go and then brought in others?Either way,I don't think this guy will be much of a cap hit for us this year,probably more so next year.Or can we put him in the 300K development list if we haven't used it yet? The salary cap hurts my underdeveloped brain too much,all I know is that we have him signed and hope he goes well......Hope he pushes for a first grade spot this year and if not then next year.

The other part of the equation is what he has already been paid. If he was on say 120k this year as it was mentioned he was in the Tigers top 25. Then they would have already paid him 50k from Nov - March. So we may have him for 70k and he be actually outside our top 25

Last edited:
"Wests Tigers' National Youth Competition player of the year in a side that included $1.3 million whiz kid Moses Suli" But don't let the fact that Moses Suli only played two NYC games and didn't finish either due to injury get in the way of a good story.

Poor kid is being overhyped and written up as a superstar when in reality he has practically done nothing. Yes he is big but does he have the heart and mental toughness to match. For every Dylan Napa/Junior Pauli/Andrew Fifita there is a Pauli Pauli/Tony Williams/Safiti Bros. Everyone needs to slow down a bit and let him develop at his own pace.

"Wests Tigers' National Youth Competition player of the year in a side that included $1.3 million whiz kid Moses Suli" But don't let the fact that Moses Suli only played two NYC games and didn't finish either due to injury get in the way of a good story.

Poor kid is being overhyped and written up as a superstar when in reality he has practically done nothing. Yes he is big but does he have the heart and mental toughness to match. For every Dylan Napa/Junior Pauli/Andrew Fifita there is a Pauli Pauli/Tony Williams/Safiti Bros. Everyone needs to slow down a bit and let him develop at his own pace.
It's a professional sport with a lot of money involved and a lot of media/fan scrutiny,it is hard to not get excited about his potential,I have not seen anyone here claiming he is a superstar or going to be one,all I have seen is some people excited by what he could be.He sounds like a guy who maybe needs a little self belief and confidence which can come in time.You call him a poor kid who doesn't need the pressure but he probably doesn't also need people saying he is going to be a flop/failure either?He is 19 and far from the finished picture,I remember seeing Taupau when he first started at the Bulldogs and he did not impress early,JWH at the beginning was just a guy who made a few hits and looked to be nothing than a defensive backrower but he worked on his game and became one of the best props.Give him time to develop before claiming him as a failure.I would hardly rate Junior Paulo as a star yet,good player but still better off the bench than a starter,also a bit early to claim Saifiti brothers as failures....

What you say is true,maybe we had a few guys who are on the minimum 85K which is why we didn't nominate someone.Can you actually drop someone off the list if they are nominated or does the new addition get counted to the cap if you are starting the year under the cap?(counted towards the second tier cap)Or do you have to trade someone away like last year when we let a few guys go and then brought in others?Either way,I don't think this guy will be much of a cap hit for us this year,probably more so next year.Or can we put him in the 300K development list if we haven't used it yet? The salary cap hurts my underdeveloped brain too much,all I know is that we have him signed and hope he goes well......Hope he pushes for a first grade spot this year and if not then next year.

I don't know.

It's a professional sport with a lot of money involved and a lot of media/fan scrutiny,it is hard to not get excited about his potential,I have not seen anyone here claiming he is a superstar or going to be one,all I have seen is some people excited by what he could be.He sounds like a guy who maybe needs a little self belief and confidence which can come in time.You call him a poor kid who doesn't need the pressure but he probably doesn't also need people saying he is going to be a flop/failure either?He is 19 and far from the finished picture,I remember seeing Taupau when he first started at the Bulldogs and he did not impress early,JWH at the beginning was just a guy who made a few hits and looked to be nothing than a defensive backrower but he worked on his game and became one of the best props.Give him time to develop before claiming him as a failure.I would hardly rate Junior Paulo as a star yet,good player but still better off the bench than a starter,also a bit early to claim Saifiti brothers as failures....

Don't get me wrong I Would love to see him dominate and lead our pack for the next 10 years, as I would with any of our young players. However he is getting all the attention and they aren't. Bainbridge and Parker dont get the same hype or money yet they have proved themselves in the NRL. But as you said it's a professional sport and plenty of Media scrutiny so he needs to take the good and bad that comes with that. Every time someone hypes him there will be someone to shoot him down, his size, profile and money will assure to that, he and you need to deal with it. Don't you think all the media attention, articles and over 10 pages of forum chat is overhyping and putting undue pressure on him? Who called him a flop/failure I certainly didn't? all I've seen is reasonable people saying let's wait and see before we all get overly excited and wet ourselves. Neither have I proclaimed the saffitis/trex/Pauli Pauli as flops either, was merely pointing out that just because they are big doesn't mean they will be a success. Without the work ethic or heart then they are just big. I'm sure management will give him all the help and extras he needs to try and assure he is a success. I'm the meantime As I said above "Everyone needs to slow down and let him develop at his own pace"

Don't get me wrong I Would love to see him dominate and lead our pack for the next 10 years, as I would with any of our young players. However he is getting all the attention and they aren't. Bainbridge and Parker dont get the same hype or money yet they have proved themselves in the NRL. But as you said it's a professional sport and plenty of Media scrutiny so he needs to take the good and bad that comes with that. Every time someone hypes him there will be someone to shoot him down, his size, profile and money will assure to that, he and you need to deal with it. Don't you think all the media attention, articles and over 10 pages of forum chat is overhyping and putting undue pressure on him? Who called him a flop/failure I certainly didn't? all I've seen is reasonable people saying let's wait and see before we all get overly excited and wet ourselves. Neither have I proclaimed the saffitis/trex/Pauli Pauli as flops either, was merely pointing out that just because they are big doesn't mean they will be a success. Without the work ethic or heart then they are just big. I'm sure management will give him all the help and extras he needs to try and assure he is a success. I'm the meantime As I said above "Everyone needs to slow down and let him develop at his own pace"
No problems Gambit,I deal with it by backing him(and other new signings) and supporting him before looking at the negatives without being given a chance to prove himself(as I am doing now).If he fails I will be disappointed but accept it as I have done with other past failures in previous years.I don't think it is overhype at all,it is a fan forum,of course we are going to talk about a new signing mid season(there are lots of things to want to know about him/his situation,etc...),there are a thousand pages/threads about Foran/Arthur/Des and they are not even a part of the club any more.It is what we do....I take your point about the size factor though,hard to justify questioning his heart/work ethic yet,let him prove himself here at the Sea eagles first..I think most of us here are reasonable people,I don't recall anyone here saying he is a guaranteed success and I haven't wet myself since about 2yrs of age(can't speak for other people here though...)I also get your point about Parker/Bainbridge,they are guys who deserve to be resigned and a part of the future, but I think they have had a lot of coverage on here,there have been plenty of threads/posters talking about them on a regular basis(Woodsie loves Parker as I do),they get plenty of attention.Who knows what their contract situation is,for all we know they could be deep in discussions at the moment with announcements soon.

Last edited:
I think the thing to keep in perspective is that middle players do develop generally slower and later. As mentioned playing against the JWH and Bromwich types takes a greater physical maturity. Outside backs can be thrown in young with limited defensive responsibility and without the physical expectations of playing against the bigger bodies constantly. Taniela has a lot of hype because of his size and mobility which are both rare. Comparable players, size wise are Kane Evans (199cm) and Nelson Asofa Soloma (200cm). Both play middle and despite the huge wraps on both as juniors both still play off the bench and have taken time to develop. Evans didn't debut until 22 and played 9 games in that season. Asofa Solomona debuted at 19 but has played only around half of melbourne's games each season in 2015 at debut and again in 2016 at age 20.

Even Jason Taumalolo who debuted at 17 in 2010 with 1 game that season didn't become a regular until he was 21. He played 14 games in 2013 at the age of 20 in his 4th year with considerable time spent in Q Cup working on defensive issues.

Taniela will need time, he will be inconsistent, he has big wraps because he has played NSW 20s origin at 18 and he is one of the biggest if not the biggest player in the game. He was the Tigers NYC Players player (voted by the players) and also Player of the year (voted by the staff) over JJ Felise and Jacob Liddle both who have NRL experience and also Junior Tatola (junior Kagaroos) and Esan Marsters (Junior Kiwis) who were all in that same team. Notably, most of theses were also middle forwards all in his NYC team. He had multiple clubs chasing him with recent articles singing high praise from other clubs recruitment officers.

We should be stoked we have him, that he chose us. Will he be dominant in NRL? Time will tell. He is as sure a bet as you can get for a middle forward at his age, it is a great coup and we should be optimistic for his future with us, but expect it will take time.

He has said he wants to play first grade this year and the Tigers weren't going to give him the opportunity.

So he has placed a bit of pressure on himself, publicly, and that's ok if he can handle it.

I hope he's an awesome long term Manly superstar leaving destruction in his wake whilst winning 10 premierships in a row! I also hope he doesn't think he deserves a first grade spot without putting in a massive amount of work.

Good luck to him!

As well as the big kid we 'poached' off parra earlier this year, he's got plenty of time to develop before he reaches that special cliche age of 27 that everyone says a prop will hit his straps. I'm stoked we landed a young bohemouth that just discovered his self belief and all the other clubs recruitment teams were jealous we beat them to.
He looks good in a manly jersey from that snapshot of the weekend. Did anyone happen to watch the whole match? I'd love to hear how he went.
The tigers are a basket case of players feeling no direction with their club. I know we have veterans in the team already but I hope he becomes close mates with Jake T and Marty T. The rest of our squad will also be a much for postive and inspiring crew to hang around this year

All good Smoking Joe, I understand your position. I still think the hype is over the top as were not talking about Arthur/Foran or des but a 19yr old kid, albeit that is 2m tall. I too support our players but not blindly. I do look at the negatives as well as the positives. Too only support ones positives and avoid his negatives is negligence. Working on your positives doesn't make you a success, but working on the negatives does. Yes he has all the physical genetic tools to be a success in the NRL, but unless he gets the mental aspect right then all those genetic tools are good for is reaching the high things on shelves and screwing in light bulbs without ladders. I've watched this kid for a while now and think he has something but still missing a lot. Put Joey Leiluas mongrel and attitude in him and you got yourself a star. Deffinately worth a chance though. I've said previously leave him alone, let him develop at his pace, throw him in the NRL to soon and you will break him (Or Shannon Boyd will lol).

Cmon now you haven't wet yourself since the age of 2, sure you havent pi$$ed the bed when drunk

Every year there's a few of these hyped up players. and I haven't seen much of Taniela Paseka in the media thus far, but the guy I most remember is Jamal Idris. He was big, young, had skills and looked to be a world beater, and where did that end up?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Idris would've ended up a better player and more grounded without the hype and constant media attention, and he may still do so, but I can't think of an example where it has gone really well...Maybe SBW if you consider his career a success?

Anyway good luck kid.

I think the thing to keep in perspective is that middle players do develop generally slower and later. As mentioned playing against the JWH and Bromwich types takes a greater physical maturity. Outside backs can be thrown in young with limited defensive responsibility and without the physical expectations of playing against the bigger bodies constantly. Taniela has a lot of hype because of his size and mobility which are both rare. Comparable players, size wise are Kane Evans (199cm) and Nelson Asofa Soloma (200cm). Both play middle and despite the huge wraps on both as juniors both still play off the bench and have taken time to develop. Evans didn't debut until 22 and played 9 games in that season. Asofa Solomona debuted at 19 but has played only around half of melbourne's games each season in 2015 at debut and again in 2016 at age 20.

Even Jason Taumalolo who debuted at 17 in 2010 with 1 game that season didn't become a regular until he was 21. He played 14 games in 2013 at the age of 20 in his 4th year with considerable time spent in Q Cup working on defensive issues.

Taniela will need time, he will be inconsistent, he has big wraps because he has played NSW 20s origin at 18 and he is one of the biggest if not the biggest player in the game. He was the Tigers NYC Players player (voted by the players) and also Player of the year (voted by the staff) over JJ Felise and Jacob Liddle both who have NRL experience and also Junior Tatola (junior Kagaroos) and Esan Marsters (Junior Kiwis) who were all in that same team. Notably, most of theses were also middle forwards all in his NYC team. He had multiple clubs chasing him with recent articles singing high praise from other clubs recruitment officers.

We should be stoked we have him, that he chose us. Will he be dominant in NRL? Time will tell. He is as sure a bet as you can get for a middle forward at his age, it is a great coup and we should be optimistic for his future with us, but expect it will take time.
Did you research all those stats, or you just knew them?......either way very impressive.

All good Smoking Joe, I understand your position. I still think the hype is over the top as were not talking about Arthur/Foran or des but a 19yr old kid, albeit that is 2m tall. I too support our players but not blindly. I do look at the negatives as well as the positives. Too only support ones positives and avoid his negatives is negligence. Working on your positives doesn't make you a success, but working on the negatives does. Yes he has all the physical genetic tools to be a success in the NRL, but unless he gets the mental aspect right then all those genetic tools are good for is reaching the high things on shelves and screwing in light bulbs without ladders. I've watched this kid for a while now and think he has something but still missing a lot. Put Joey Leiluas mongrel and attitude in him and you got yourself a star. Deffinately worth a chance though. I've said previously leave him alone, let him develop at his pace, throw him in the NRL to soon and you will break him (Or Shannon Boyd will lol).

Cmon now you haven't wet yourself since the age of 2, sure you havent pi$$ed the bed when drunk
Maybe I have a strong bladder.....All players no matter how good have negatives in their game.I know what you are saying about working on his weaknesses but maybe there is a reason why the Tigpies couldn't do that and maybe we are backing that we can.Highlighting ones negatives all the time undermines confidence too but enough psychology here.Are you glad we have him or not,I am not thinking he will play first grade this year but glad we are picking up players with some ability,if we didn't then people complain we are picking up rejects...you can't be positive on here and hope to win....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8