Tales from Tigertown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
True, they have made some poor recruitments paying massive overs for some players with inconsistent form.

Added to that the divisions between the Balmain and Wests factions on the board haven't helped.

No clue why Harry Triguboff is still putting money into the club.

McGuire clearly put his heart and soul into the club, but it was not enough. There are too many coaches that have failed over the past decade at the Tugers to put all the blame on them. There must be a systemic problem within the club. They have almost as many juniors as do the Strawberry Milkshakes and they have blooded a host a players who have left and gone on to fame with other clubs.
My suggestion is that they adopt a policy of 'local juniors first' in which they give priority to those players who grew up in the system and keep recruitment of outsiders to a bare minimum. I'm sure within three season they would have a different culture and be a real threat in the comp.
I think you're on the money there but another issue I think is the lack of identity.

They train at Concord but want to appeal to the Campbelltown demographic whilst hanging onto to the mystique of Balmain.
The socio-economic differences are polar opposites.

Why would a young kid in Ambarvale dream of playing for the Tigers when all the historical fanfare is about Junior, Sirro, Brasher etc?
Even the Magpies history is inner western Sydney.

The urban sprawl of Sydney has killed them, there is no need for a south west family to travel to Sydney. It's easier and cheaper to get to Wollongong from there.

They missed the mark when they merged, it should have been Campbelltown or bust.
Yes, remember the past but here we are, we're your team.
Kids would aspire to play for them.
It's been 20 years and most still think of them as Wests or the Tigers not both.
They play out of three grounds FFS and two of them are in inner west Sydney, how does that garner fervent support.

They could've made a super club with the Dogs, Wests and Tigers and stayed where they were/are.

I'd be willing to bet there's more connection with the locals to the new A-League team than with the NRL team.

I'm so over all this Tiger crap, for a team which performed so poorly all year, looked at the SMH on line this morning, 4 articles on them by different reporters, then I listen to BSB and all you hear is Tiger talk and callers giving their views about the coach or players FFS.

I don't want to hear or read about sh!thouse teams that aren't in the finals.

Their greatest problems revolve around their split personality - are they an inner west or southwestern Sydney entity? Are they equal partners in the JV? Clearly not.

They need to concentrate on Campbelltown, leaving Leichhardt for maybe three games (about what they get now) a year. They might take a hit financially if they abandon their big stadium playing arrangements, but they will build a stronger case for an upgrade at Campbelltown - pity they didn’t try for a CoE there, rather than Concord.

There is talk of a joint arrangement at a new Liverpool stadium along with C-B, but C’town would surely be preferable.

I have always said . An organizations greatest asset are its great people / players that it invests in

Congratulation to our Club the Manly Sea eagles for investing in great people like the Fultons and the Haslers and the DCE's and the Turbos

Well done Mr Penn and We will neve forget your Mr 40 nil Max Delmege

Green steps down fro SOO coaching, he has desires to coach NRL again.
Has he been sounded out already?

Tales from tiger town while a good idea has been executed really poorly.

no way should it have gone out while to comp was still on. Just undermines about every part of their organization.

could have started this week for a 4 or 6 week run.

Rather than a full season they are better off doing a pre season version ala Hard Knocks from the NFL (which is a great watch)

Hope they can find a bit of space to include the Tigers last game, that would make for entertaining TV. Can you imagine the expletives from Madge, plastic water bottles thrown around the coaches box, nothing like a cold shower to cool off..lol.

All I can say is Aloiai must be soo glad/relieved/grateful he left the Tigers and is in the finals with Manly. Something he could only dream about at Tigpies.
Says a lot that we have two players (Saab is the other) who were prepared to go through quite public spats to get releases from their respective clubs in order to become Sea Eagles.
Players don't fight to join unhappy or messed up clubs.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10