Tales from Tigertown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The guy played 18 FG games (some for the Adelaide Rams so probably don't all count) and weights 80kg ringing wet and he is staunching up to 120kg props telling them to 'take a ****ing look at themselves' and be 'men'. I was waiting for a couple of them to get up and slug him one. He borders on abuse and it's no surprise the players are responding to him. No surprise the likes of Aloiai and Matterson wanted out.

I was only watching this to see Madge lose his **** after we put 40 on them in Anzac Round.

What a shame they just glossed over that game.

I found it funny they played ballet music to our players stepping around theirs haha. Kind of spoke volumes haha.

And I watched for exactly the same reason !

Anyone else happy he didn't accept the job here and his demands were too high ?

As I watch I keep thinking.

Dodged a bullet
Absolutely. So glad he knocked back the Manly coaching job. He does a lot of yelling & belittling his players that clearly isn't working.

Yeah watching last night's episode really highlighted how his overuse of rev up terms really takes the significance out of them - constantly going on about the history of the jersey becomes meaningless if you keep harping on about it.

Also thought that bit where he was motioning scoring a try was pretty funny (it actually looked more like he was mimicking digging a hole haha) & him saying "score a try! It's farken fun! Score another try! How farken fun is it?"

I think the body language and the demeanor of players in the dressing room during his rants is interesting. They seem disengaged, not looking at him or even listening.

I watched it and found it fascinating. Some thoughts
1. I was gutted when they did not show much of our match
2. The wrap on him was that he was a "high intensity" coach which could burn players out. Whilst i am sure it was heavily edited this seems to ring true.
3. I laughed a heap at how Adam D says his "yeahhh" after they score a try

I remember when we played Souths in that semi where Jake got sin binned a couple of years back and I thought Doueihi cut us up and was going to be a top player. He's the real deal that bloke. Pity for him he is playing with a complete steaming pile.

Remember when Maguire refused the job at Manly ( according to the media anyway ) just before we hired Des.

I wish Madge his just desserts and judging by this series he is getting it !!

I think the body language and the demeanor of players in the dressing room during his rants is interesting. They seem disengaged, not looking at him or even listening.

Maguire has a physically menacing and threatening sort of body language that I don't think works that well with the younger generation of players. He carries himself like a movies Standover man or Hired goon or some sort of movie henchman.

The players look scared to say anything.

What I thought was weird was his reaction at fulltime after losing to the Cowboys at Leichardt on Tommy's memorial day.

At halftime he was rightfully p*ssed off with them for being down 28-6 but considering they went out & won the second half 24-6, his reaction of standing there in silence then just saying "see you tomorrow at 3pm for a debrief" & "you blokes better turn up with an attitude adjustment" seemed counterproductive to me.

They went out & did what he asked them to do in the second half so I would have thought acknowledgement of that with a bit of "we still have to work on our effort in the first half but we'll talk about that more tomorrow" would have been a better tactic.

I remember when we played Souths in that semi where Jake got sin binned a couple of years back and I thought Doueihi cut us up and was going to be a top player. He's the real deal that bloke. Pity for him he is playing with a complete steaming pile.
Doueihi is head and shoulders above everyone else in that team. I get the feeling he will go onto bigger and better things at another club one day.

Doueihi is head and shoulders above everyone else in that team. I get the feeling he will go onto bigger and better things at another club one day.
Yep one day soon Doueihi will get sick of losing with the Tigers and either the Tigers will pay him a million dollars or he will head off to greener pastures.

I think he's a rep player, but he'll never get there at the Tigers. That club is more suited to the likes of the Leilua's and the James Roberts's of the world.

I agree, I like Douehi & his competitive nature.

He seems a decent bloke with enough mongrel & desire to win in him to play hard but fair without crossing the line.

I loved his banter with Reynolds during the game when he was trying to put him off his kicks & then they caught up for a chat after the game with no hard feelings.

Good to see.

I agree, I like Douehi & his competitive nature.

He seems a decent bloke with enough mongrel & desire to win in him to play hard but fair without crossing the line.

I loved his banter with Reynolds during the game when he was trying to put him off his kicks & then they caught up for a chat after the game with no hard feelings.

Good to see.
Not sure I like how cocky he is when he has achieved nothing in the game yet. He is a decent FG footballer no doubt but not at a level where you'd build a team around him; unless you're the Tigers of course lol!

Not sure I like how cocky he is when he has achieved nothing in the game yet. He is a decent FG footballer no doubt but not at a level where you'd build a team around him; unless you're the Tigers of course lol!
Agree, he's not yet at the stage where you'd build a team around him but I think he's not far off it.

I reckon he's shown more gumption & ability in his short time at Wests than Brooks ever has.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10