Surely they can't be serious about this (Brookie Oval)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where the **** is the fulton-menzies stand?

I reckon make both of them look a bit more 21st century,make one where the family hill is to match and a stand over the back of the main hill,its really that simple

Also more big screens are required,brookvale having one gives me the ****s as family hill patrons cant see the bastard of a thing

Merdy33 said:
It looks to me that they are trying to strike a balance between the requirements of an NRL club, and a green design. We all know that there is a small, but vocal, and seemingly influential green group that appears to be doing all it can to get the Sea Eagles out of Brookie.
Pragmatism dictates that a negotiated solution might be the best outcome. Its all very well to say "stuff the greenies", however it doesn't work that way. If Council went ahead with a design that ignored the green aspect, then any development could be delayed for months, even years in the court system via legal challenges (and also incur significant legal costs). Some of us probably remember how the Parramatta Stadium development was held up in the courts by the "Friends of Parramatta Park" in the 80s. It eventually got approved, but there are never any guarantees in this sort of thing. While a majority of rate payers in Warringah might support the Eagles remaining at Brookie, I'm not sure they'd be happy with large amounts of their rate dollars being spent in court.
Its also fairyland stuff to think that we would ever get sufficient funding for a Robina style development.
Before completely dismissing this, I'd like to know how much undercover seating and corporate facilities will be available compared to what is there currently. If there is a net increase, then perhaps this is the best outcome. If there is less, then no, its not acceptable to the NRL Club. I'd also like to think that the club has had input into this.
Lastly, this is a "conceptual" type drawing which may not mirror the end product. The end product may well look much more acceptable. If the end result is to be a Redfern Oval boutique type facility, then the message is clear that the Sea Eagles need to move on. However I doubt this is the intention.

I love your post. However, what makes the above proposal pleasing to green groups as you say? The fact there is more grass?

Fonz said:
Merdy33 said:
It looks to me that they are trying to strike a balance between the requirements of an NRL club, and a green design. We all know that there is a small, but vocal, and seemingly influential green group that appears to be doing all it can to get the Sea Eagles out of Brookie.
Pragmatism dictates that a negotiated solution might be the best outcome. Its all very well to say "stuff the greenies", however it doesn't work that way. If Council went ahead with a design that ignored the green aspect, then any development could be delayed for months, even years in the court system via legal challenges (and also incur significant legal costs). Some of us probably remember how the Parramatta Stadium development was held up in the courts by the "Friends of Parramatta Park" in the 80s. It eventually got approved, but there are never any guarantees in this sort of thing. While a majority of rate payers in Warringah might support the Eagles remaining at Brookie, I'm not sure they'd be happy with large amounts of their rate dollars being spent in court.
Its also fairyland stuff to think that we would ever get sufficient funding for a Robina style development.
Before completely dismissing this, I'd like to know how much undercover seating and corporate facilities will be available compared to what is there currently. If there is a net increase, then perhaps this is the best outcome. If there is less, then no, its not acceptable to the NRL Club. I'd also like to think that the club has had input into this.
Lastly, this is a "conceptual" type drawing which may not mirror the end product. The end product may well look much more acceptable. If the end result is to be a Redfern Oval boutique type facility, then the message is clear that the Sea Eagles need to move on. However I doubt this is the intention.

I love your post. However, what makes the above proposal pleasing to green groups as you say? The fact there is more grass?

Yep, plus it appears to be more open with a lower, flatter stand structure. It gives the impression of being less developed, and almost a village green type set up. Personally, I'd prefer a more stadium feel, but as I said, this might be the middle ground.

The Eagle said:
Where the f**k is the fulton-menzies stand?

I reckon make both of them look a bit more 21st century,make one where the family hill is to match and a stand over the back of the main hill,its really that simple

Also more big screens are required,brookvale having one gives me the ****s as family hill patrons cant see the bastard of a thing

I assume they'd name the hill stand the Fulton-Menzies.

could be worse ...

1030a_a1hinchcliffe.jpg

Not worth worrying about until some actual details are released

i.e. stadium capacity, box etc

bones said:
Merdy33 said:
I assume they'd name the hill stand the Fulton-Menzies.

The Terry Hill.

Nah, they already named the whole suburb Terrey Hills after him. That's enough.

They may rename Brookvale Oval 'Craig Field', although that may be a more appropriate name for the Oval in SER8's picture.

lsz said:
Not worth worrying about until some actual details are released

i.e. stadium capacity, box etc

Exactly, it's a concept plan folks. At least there is a plan for a decent upgrade. A stand above the current eastern hill going the full length of the ground would add serious capacity. Also get me one of those apartments overlooking the ground.

Warringah Council, like every other local council, is an unworkable joke filled with would-be state and federal politicians training for a 'grander' stage and local meddlers with an axe to grind. I wish we could vote the idiots out and start afresh, but the sad fact is these idiots will be replaced by a new crop of idiots with the same axes to grind. Without state or federal money to take the council out of the equation, we're stuffed.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6