Surely they can't be serious about this (Brookie Oval)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
New plan aims to keep the 'burb at Brookvale Oval

698670-brookevale-oval.jpg

THIS is the first look at a new design for the Brookvale Oval and Park.

The design, one of two drawn up by design team McGregor Coxall after almost a year of community consultation, seeks to use and extend the popular grassed hill around the Northern Beaches oval.

McGregor Coxall managing director Adrian McGregor said extending the hill helps to retain the suburban feel of the ground.

"It's a space for families to be able to sit and enjoy the game," Mr McGregor said.

"The hill is a famous icon at Brookie so (the plan) extends that and enlarges it. It also gives the whole oval a more green character."

Mr McGregor said that if the development was approved, the Warringah council would sell the southern portion of the site to raise money for the upgrade.

"What we're proposing is a sustainable village that will help fund the upgrade to the field and the new park," he said. "It's planned to be a mixed-use centre, with apartments, residential, retail and shopping, and commercial."

The main difference between the two designs is that one has a taller building, while the other has two longer buildings.

Stakeholders and a community committee will provide feedback, before a final option is presented for public exhibition.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/new-plan-aims-to-keep-the-burb-at-brookvale-oval/story-e6freuzi-1226092700301

from the Daily Tele
artist impression of the New brookie oval as forwarded to them from Warringah Council

what a joke its the year 2011 and while im a massive fan of the eastern grassed hill remaining to have a hill around the entire ground is a time warp back to the 60s how the hell can we get decent sponsorship dollars with that rubbish.

boys do you wanna delete this thread

berks has it covered :)

RE: New plan aims to keep the 'burb at Brookvale Oval

haha berks
u may of got me by a sec

one of the mods may want to merge the threads

That 'style' of ground may suit Warringah Council but it's surely not fit for a successful club like the Sea Eagles.
If this design is seriously being contemplated, we may as well pack up and move to the SFS.

imo this is what is required

2chba4w.jpg

have as much parks etc outside the ground
f..k the greenies

WAMF said:
That 'style' of ground may suit Warringah Council but it's surely not fit for a successful club like the Sea Eagles.
If this design is seriously being contemplated, we may as well pack up and move to the SFS.

total agree Wamf

what a joke its the year 2011 and while im a massive fan of the eastern grassed hill remaining to have a hill around the entire ground is a time warp back to the 60s how the hell can we get decent sponsorship dollars with that rubbish.

the sooner we get a brookvale oval trust that runs the stadium and takes it away from the inept clowns who call themselves a council the better.

Pretty as it is, I have to agree. Picture it with 10 times as many spectators and then add some rain.

What a great idea! Let's guarantee 4000 every time it rains.

I am actually scared to see the other proposal, does it get rid of the stands altogether.

looking at that model the 2 stands look smaller than the jane try and they have removed the southern stand area all together.

That makes no sence.

nah, that's got to be a joke, seriously, someone is having a lend of everyone.
I'm trying to picture which is north and south. I'm trying picture is the shed on one side replacing the Jane Try Stand. I'm trying to picture all those on the hill yelling at all those on the footpath to 'sit down'.
THis is the sort of thing you develop in downtown Kellyville or Rouse Hill as a family park for the kids entertainment and all age weekend football games. :^)

They funts are kidding, typical bearucrats no info, no real life experience just crap - how many undercover seats? Why extend the hill so more people can get a wet arse? Dickheads

At first look I'm not seeing a problem. What are you guys seeing that I am missing??

Cambo said:

from the Daily Tele
artist impression of the New brookie oval as forwarded to them from Warringah Council

boys do you wanna delete this thread

berks has it covered :)

:twitch: WOAh..!! i like the look of the grass around the ground, but going of that pic if your on the grandstand you will be atleaast 60-70 meters away.. thats just how it looks to me ..

Whilst I love the hill and love Brookvale Oval, the picture sure looks like they would be reducing ground capacity and corporates, which is not a good thing.

They have a good balance at the moment, stands (with corporate stuff too) around half the ground and hill around the rest. This new ground plan actually seems worse that what we currently have.

There's nothing to stop the crowd strolling straight onto the field. Ludicrous. Is the building on the right a grandstand or just corporate boxes? At least one of the stands should come down to the sideline, or be 2-tiered?

Looks nice but does not look like an NRL stadium to take us forward for the next 30 years. It would keep us as a suburban sideshow with low gate takings and small crowds, especially in poor weather. Be great for picnics and frisbee comps in summer, though.

This is embarrassing, we are a topline national team, not some local rugby squad.
If this is the sort of **** being dished out at the council meetings, then it's time to move on out of there, as much as I hate to do so.

It looks like how Redfern oval looks these days..... A training oval.
The best plan IMO would be a Skilled Park style modern stand but only along 3 of the 4 sides of the field. A 'U' shaped modern stand that would cover both ends of the field as well as the Jane Try stand side of Brookie. The hill side could be left as is, but with better seating along the fence rather than the wooden benches

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2