Suli and Walker on the nose at Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Ryan let the numbnuts Bag Walker all they want ... but for the past few years he is about the only player other that Jake that looks like he gives a fuk about winning ... and is about the only bloke we have other than Jake that looks prepared to run through a brick wall to get a win .....

I'll take 12 more players with his attitude on the field ...

PSS ... All we have heard for the past 4 months is that all Des has to do is look at a player to make them faster, stronger, fitter and better people .... and that he is loyal and sticks solid ...... and now I am supposed to believe he is preparing to give up on these two after a couple of weeks ...
Walker's ability and desire aren't the issue. Its that he keeps sabotaging his ability to get on field with constant dumb ****.

Last edited:
Joke mate all good.

The world needs more characters with a good sense of humour like yours feathered friend

Puts a smile on peoples faces :)

images.jpg

Just speculation, Brad. He is off contract at the end of the year, so when reference is made to ‘getting rid of him’ it would perhaps be more accurate to say ‘will not offer him a new contract’.

I think the GingaNinja's future will be a result of his form this year, and his asking price ...... In any squad of 30 you need budget players that can fill in when necessary ..... if his price is right he may well be a keeper, especially if some of these other youngsters price themselves out of the game ...

I’m not sure how much legs this story has the more I think about it

For me I don’t think it is in Des’ character to stand beside a man and back him with his court appearances and then send him packing

I also think that if Suli has been a big problem under his watch then he wouldn’t have started at all this season, and we haven’t really had any info about how serious this thing actually is

One thing for sure is Des wouldn’t let them go without more quality coming in than what we currently have
Agree with you mate. Don't think that Des would work so hard on Suli and stand by Walker just to tell them they're gone. He wouldn't do that this early in the season anyway.

Maybe @The Wheel can confirm by reaching out to the club through the member's council...

Just sucks mate. Lyon leaving (who was my favourite), now Walker going (at this age).

Love Tommy T. Just miss all the amazing characters we had.
Throw in my favorite - Steve Matai - and that is a lot of greatness to have to try and replace in recent years.

Good player but he’s the highest paid player in Btoncos history at 1 mill + per year. How could we possibly have him in our side with DCE, and Turbot brothers on close to that coin as well and Marty not far off. We’ve already got a lot of average players because our superstars use up most of the cap. Add Milford and we’d be using Blacktown players to fill the rest of the team.

He would be in huge demand in any case and it’s hard to think of a reason he’d come to a club in our position even if we could afford him.
Yup, and we have enough attacking players as is. Just need to balance the side more. Crazy Milford is over a million, then again he had some brilliant earlier seasons that probably warranted it. One thing for sure is that we should never go near Kodi Nikorima, he is a shocking, shocking half.

I’m not sure how much legs this story has the more I think about it

For me I don’t think it is in Des’ character to stand beside a man and back him with his court appearances and then send him packing

I also think that if Suli has been a big problem under his watch then he wouldn’t have started at all this season, and we haven’t really had any info about how serious this thing actually is

One thing for sure is Des wouldn’t let them go without more quality coming in than what we currently have
Hadn’t thought of it like that but seems highly plausible, now you mention it.

One thing I am confident of with Des is that he will be focussed on building a squad culture to take us forward in the next couple of years. As KE points out, he is loyal to his players and as a result tends to get a tight harmonious group all committed to working hard together. That’s what he built at Manly last time.
Will be most interesting to see how this all pans out. I see good things ahead.

@Ryan let the numbnuts Bag Walker all they want ... but for the past few years he is about the only player other that Jake that looks like he gives a fuk about winning ... and is about the only bloke we have other than Jake that looks prepared to run through a brick wall to get a win .....

I'll take 12 more players with his attitude on the field ...

PSS ... All we have heard for the past 4 months is that all Des has to do is look at a player to make them faster, stronger, fitter and better people .... and that he is loyal and sticks solid ...... and now I am supposed to believe he is preparing to give up on these two after a couple of weeks ...
Get into em @Woodsie @:p

Aren't Suli and Fainu best mates? And i think they carpool together? I just hope this doesn't have a negative effect on Fainu if Suli is moved on.
I wouldn’t worry too much... Des is a coach who is renowned for being able to keep a hold of the players he wants, a coach who players will run through a brick wall for. If he wants Fainu to stay, my money is on him staying. He’s not too shabby when it comes to moving a player on either. Whatever happens there will be a plan.

I haven't seen one person bag Walker, but there have been many who have noticed his off field ability over quite a few years now.

Will he ever grow up?

I have to also wonder about these "numbnuts" you refer to... who are these posters? Are they the ones with a different opinion, or just the posters who haven't been able to grasp the full concept of the supreme wisdom that dribbles periodically on these forums?

So Hasler said that the players have to meet curtain standards each week, and Suli didn't meet those standards, so he was dropped for the week. He said every player needs to meet these standards, and Suli is a young and talented individual who is learning the process, and will be back next week. It was good that Des did not elaberate about the standards to feed the blood sucking media, and didn't make out like it was some big thing at all, it is just the way he rolls...

I have to also wonder about these "numbnuts" you refer to... who are these posters? Are they the ones with a different opinion, or just the posters who haven't been able to grasp the full concept of the supreme wisdom that dribbles periodically on these forums?

Pretty much .... but be consoled ... numbnuttedness isn't necessarily permanent or wide ranging .. It is possible for example to be a numbnut in one thread eg. saying something like "let's move Kapow to the 2nd row" .... and then being a genious in another thread by saying something like "I agree with Woodsie on this one" .....

So Hasler said that the players have to meet curtain standards each week, and Suli didn't meet those standards, so he was dropped for the week. He said every player needs to meet these standards, and Suli is a young and talented individual who is learning the process, and will be back next week. It was good that Des did not elaberate about the standards to feed the blood sucking media, and didn't make out like it was some big thing at all, it is just the way he rolls...

Des must be wrong ..... haven't you been reading all the posts from the numbnuts ... sorry .... from all the well informed ladies and Gentlemen that have had the wisdom to read between the lines and add 2 and 2 ..... and in their wisdom call for Suli to get the bullet ....

Are these 'performance standards' related to a match, or to training?
If it's a match it's no big deal; the players gets dropped to Reserve Grade.
That didn't happen with Suli, so it may relate to not doing his homework, as happened to the Australian Cricket team under Micky Arthur.

Just on the topic .... Des is on record as being a fan of the players living in the area .... does anybody know if Fainu and Suli (and others) are still getting up at sparrow-fart am and driving hundreds of K's to training ???

Surely somebody has a renovated garage ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4