Suggestions for Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't throw stones, but I often watch non FTA Manly matches at Norths Leagues Club. There are always a few Manly supporters there, but it doesn't matter who we are playing there are just as many watches death-riding us.
Nevertheless, for those of us on the North Shore, the Norths League Club is convenient.

Northern Rhino said:
The Tugun Rugby League Football Club, just north of Coolangatta Airport. I'm the assistant manager there and the current manager is ex manly prop and legend John Harvey. We would love to jump on board, and always welcome fellow manly members. I have spoken to mark once before about trying to tie something together with a titans game. www.tugunleaguesclub.com.au.

I wish I knew this when I lived at Kingscliff.

Sigh....fans watching the footy together.

I'm so alone :(

StuBoot said:
I'm for this, there's more of us out this way than most people think.
Make tracks to Epping.

Get yer backside trackside lol.

I would really love to have a Queensland Hub HOWEVER the problem we have is there are three distinct areas...the Goldie (and yes northern Rhino's option could work well especially with "Harves" as part of the furniture.

One on the Sunny Coast would be good as well, there's a heap of fans up that way BUT Brisbane is harder...I have tried many times (although not for a fair while I must admit) to pull together a group in the city...the task is actually getting a Pub willing to show the game...they are either only interested in the Bronco's / Titans and Cowboys...of if they will show another game it's likey just to be in the background with a heap of other stuff going on.

My early attempts at this got a bit of support but most decided it was easier (and cheaper) just to stay at home.

It's a great idea and happy to help if I can BUT at least up this way there's some challenges.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I would really love to have a Queensland Hub HOWEVER the problem we have is there are three distinct areas...the Goldie (and yes northern Rhino's option could work well especially with "Harves" as part of the furniture.

One on the Sunny Coast would be good as well, there's a heap of fans up that way BUT Brisbane is harder...I have tried many times (although not for a fair while I must admit) to pull together a group in the city...the task is actually getting a Pub willing to show the game...they are either only interested in the Bronco's / Titans and Cowboys...of if they will show another game it's likey just to be in the background with a heap of other stuff going on.

My early attempts at this got a bit of support but most decided it was easier (and cheaper) just to stay at home.

It's a great idea and happy to help if I can BUT at least up this way there's some challenges.

We can have a crack at all three areas.

If you have any venues you could suggest as a starting point that would be great.

Cheers,

Larissa

MadMarcus said:
The Oaks at Neutral Bay

Already on board :)

Larissa there are a lot of Manly fans around Northern NSW. Large numbers of surfers from the Northern Beaches have migrated to Ballina, Lennox, Byron areas over the last 40 years and have remained keen supporters. I believe a fair proportion of those big crowds for our Skilled Park games comes from Northern NSW.
Ive always found it difficult to watch a game in a pub though as
there is no one place we tend to congregate. I dont have a suggestion for a hub, however some of the others from around here might have. I know I would go to watch a game if I knew other Manly supporters would be there.

north coast eagle said:
Larissa there are a lot of Manly fans around Northern NSW. Large numbers of surfers from the Northern Beaches have migrated to Ballina, Lennox, Byron areas over the last 40 years and have remained keen supporters. I believe a fair proportion of those big crowds for our Skilled Park games comes from Northern NSW.
Ive always found it difficult to watch a game in a pub though as
there is no one place we tend to congregate. I dont have a suggestion for a hub, however some of the others from around here might have. I know I would go to watch a game if I knew other Manly supporters would be there.

Tom Mooney used to own the Railway Hotel in Byron, don't know if that is still the case or not. If so then that's an obvious starting point.

bob dylan said:
Willaim Farrar Hotel in Wagga Wagga owned by David Barnhill.

Was there on Wagga Cup day this year and met David, nice guy. Also saw Adam Ritson there.

ALinda said:
Larissa, So have the new offices been built at Narrabeen HQ or elsewhere? Happy moving!

A new building over here at Narrabeen. Very exciting.

Will definitely post some pics once we are settled in!

The Who said:
Don't throw stones, but I often watch non FTA Manly matches at Norths Leagues Club. There are always a few Manly supporters there, but it doesn't matter who we are playing there are just as many watches death-riding us.
Nevertheless, for those of us on the North Shore, the Norths League Club is convenient.

You could visit the Norths trophy room at half time.

hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Larissa there is plenty of Manly Fans here at Taree, any of the pubs or clubs in Taree would would be good, please see the following link

http://www.mypubs.com.au/browse_pub_city.php/NSW/TAREE

Fotheringhams Hotel is no Longer opened

I would have a crack at the Exchange or the Manning. The Manning hotel is a fairly big place and would have more room for groups. I'd be in.

There is a gathering at my house for every manly game. Even when I am away people still have keys and go there to watch the games. Does that count haha.

Daniel said:
There is a gathering at my house for every manly game. Even when I am away people still have keys and go there to watch the games. Does that count haha.

If you leave your keys out under that "secret rock" then I promise to arrive quietly, babysit well while im there, mow the lawn, and be a hindrance/deterrent to those less desirable neighbours you would rather be gone.

Apart from that, I can only turn up while your there & just be me. (should do the same thing)

Larissa, could you possibly try The Three Swallows at Bankstown or Twin Willows at Bass Hill or even Bankstown Sports Club. These places always support their sports and aren't bad spots. Plenty Manly supporters this way.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6