Suggestions for Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
There is a gathering at my house for every manly game. Even when I am away people still have keys and go there to watch the games. Does that count haha.
Can you let us all know next time you are going away. If Mark can organise a package and cheap flights, I'll come :D

I suggest the Ranch at Eastwood.... if only so we can get on the balcony and cheer on the Super fan that runs the length of Balaclava Road and Down Epping Road on every single game day in full gear and a monster Manly Flag.

The sight of him running down the middle of a traffic filled Epping road is hard to miss as he is also a big unit. I give a shout and lay on the horn as I go past, and I am not the only one so we should be able to get a hub in Tigers territory.

Jatz Crackers said:
Daniel said:
There is a gathering at my house for every manly game. Even when I am away people still have keys and go there to watch the games. Does that count haha.

If you leave your keys out under that "secret rock" then I promise to arrive quietly, babysit well while im there, mow the lawn, and be a hindrance/deterrent to those less desirable neighbours you would rather be gone.

Apart from that, I can only turn up while your there & just be me. (should do the same thing)

Just call Rob, or turn up he will almost certainly be there :)

How about Des Hasler's house?

It is right in the middle of the Nothern Beaches and I think it is bigger than Manly Leagues.

Kager said:
I suggest the Ranch at Eastwood.... if only so we can get on the balcony and cheer on the Super fan that runs the length of Balaclava Road and Down Epping Road on every single game day in full gear and a monster Manly Flag.

The sight of him running down the middle of a traffic filled Epping road is hard to miss as he is also a big unit. I give a shout and lay on the horn as I go past, and I am not the only one so we should be able to get a hub in Tigers territory.

Another one we already have locked in :)

Kager said:

I've only seen him once but what a site to behold :)

Does anyone know him?!?!

Larissa said:
Kager said:

Darn, I'm guessing the Epping Hotel & Hotel Pennant Hills are out then?

If you could rellocate the the bums and scums from the Brookvale Hotel, that would be both a close and attractive environment.

Make drinks $5 plus. That'll weed out the bums.

Ok, I'm in a ropeable mood, so screw you all. Karnivool and burbon does that to me.

You think people with money make an attractive environment. You know so little, if you knew a little more you'd know nothing.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You think people with money make an attractive environment. You know so little, if you knew a little more you'd know nothing.

Fact is, that place had a reputation for bums and brawls prior to the refurbishment. They did away with the cheap nasty drinks, and the place cleaned itself out, and became more ideal for the greater populace, who wanted to have a good time, at a central point on The Northern Beaches.

The strategy works.

Also, don't know if you came up with that little statement above yourself, or if you paraphrased it from elsewhere, but buddy, you've GOT to be better than that don't you?

It's the kind of argument my 5 year old daughter would make at school with her girlfriends.

Then again, it is probably quite fitting and appropriate considering the source, eh :) Hey, maybe you got offended because you were one of the bar room brawlers they weeded out, and if that's the case, I have no sympathy.

Point stands. Raise the cost of food / beverages. Change the demographic in terms of people who frequent, and it would be ideal and central.

Think of it like Real Estate investment Ser8. Is there more crime, and are there more issues in very poor, run down areas than say Palm Beach?

Somewhere in southern sydney. Anywhere in Stgeorge/shire area would be good. Plenty of fans around here!

Ryan said:
If you could rellocate the the bums and scums from the Brookvale Hotel, that would be both a close and attractive environment.

Ok, I'm in a ropeable mood, so screw you all. Karnivool and burbon does that to me.

Ryan said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Fact is, that place had a reputation for bums and brawls prior to the refurbishment. They did away with the cheap nasty drinks, and the place cleaned itself out, and became more ideal for the greater populace, who wanted to have a good time, at a central point on The Northern Beaches.

The strategy works.

I'm confused. So they have weeded out the "bums and scums" from the Brookvale Hotel, or they still need too?

Stevo, are you at Taree......Mate i agree the Manning would be a great venue, plenty of room and the Manning Burger from the Bistro is awesome

Manly+Manning Burger+Beer=Win :D:D:D

Ryan said:

Ryan said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

The strategy works.

Also, don't know if you came up with that little statement above yourself, or if you paraphrased it from elsewhere, but buddy, you've GOT to be better than that don't you?

It's the kind of argument my 5 year old daughter would make at school with her girlfriends.

Then again, it is probably quite fitting and appropriate considering the source, eh :) Hey, maybe you got offended because you were one of the bar room brawlers they weeded out, and if that's the case, I have no sympathy.

Point stands. Raise the cost of food / beverages. Change the demographic in terms of people who frequent, and it would be ideal and central.

Think of it like Real Estate investment Ser8. Is there more crime, and are there more issues in very poor, run down areas than say Palm Beach?
It's a quip Spike Milligan once said, not sure why it's stuck with me.

In any case, my point was simply that (in my experience) low income earners are often more generous, more humble, more civilised, more principled, and less ruthless than many who inhabit the high end of town. Weeding out the riff-raff isn't the panacea for producing social bliss.

Mals said:
Kager said:

I've only seen him once but what a site to behold :)

Does anyone know him?!?!

Larissa said:
Kager said:

Darn, I'm guessing the Epping Hotel & Hotel Pennant Hills are out then?

I'm not familiar with the area, but if they are close to The Ranch (within 5km say) then yes, they will have to miss out for the time being.

I have them recorded down, if for some reason The Ranch falls through I'll get in touch with them.

Brookvale Hotel is definitely on the radar. Biggest concern is it's proximity to the Leagues Club.

Chip and Chase said:
north coast eagle said:
Larissa there are a lot of Manly fans around Northern NSW. Large numbers of surfers from the Northern Beaches have migrated to Ballina, Lennox, Byron areas over the last 40 years and have remained keen supporters. I believe a fair proportion of those big crowds for our Skilled Park games comes from Northern NSW.
Ive always found it difficult to watch a game in a pub though as
there is no one place we tend to congregate. I dont have a suggestion for a hub, however some of the others from around here might have. I know I would go to watch a game if I knew other Manly supporters would be there.

Tom Mooney used to own the Railway Hotel in Byron, don't know if that is still the case or not. If so then that's an obvious starting point.

bob dylan said:
Willaim Farrar Hotel in Wagga Wagga owned by David Barnhill.

Was there on Wagga Cup day this year and met David, nice guy. Also saw Adam Ritson there.

David Barnhill is just a credit to everything good about rugby league. And no one mucks around in his hotel, it's a real family hotel.

I read in my local rag that the Manly players are going to be at The Ranch on Sunday 2nd December from 12:30 to 3pm. Damn i'm away up the coast that weekend... :(

Mals said:
I read in my local rag that the Manly players are going to be at The Ranch on Sunday 2nd December from 12:30 to 3pm. Damn i'm away up the coast that weekend... :(

They sure will be.

The Ranch is one of our first Fan Hubs to get on board for 2013!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8