Stripclub 6

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did anyone see Uates interview.

Saying the media should be possitive. And that their negativity brings players down.

Shut up Dude. How about not ****ing up. And playing hard and then they'd be no problem.

Rant ended.

I actually thought it was nice to see the media called into account for the hysteria they have created.
We are playing rubbish and are a rabble off the park...is it life or death? Not really - and it has an impact on players (who are people too)

I actually thought it was nice to see the media called into account for the hysteria they have created.
We are playing rubbish and are a rabble off the park...is it life or death? Not really - and it has an impact on players (who are people too)

Cool.
I disagree.
The media didn't create the story.
I know it's not nice to say. But if we do as you say. Don't say anything negative to a player during an interview, ( as it'll have an impact on them ) then the game will drop.

Say Tommys on a million a year, I don't think the questions to him were bad. And thought he handled them very well.

Get the violin out they are professional football players who get money because of the media coverage so they can suck it up. If they can't handle it don't accept the money and get back to playing park football.

So Rothfield was only 10x wrong.

Not 6 players @ 10k = 60k, but
4 players @ 1500 = 6k

I guess that's the clickbait ratio of b/s to truth.

In today’s investigation, the club officials reveal that (besides DCE) the other FOUR (not 5) manly players that were fined due to breach the curfew. They won’t announce the players but because of privacy reasons.

Maybe, The reason why the investigation only says their were 5 players and not 6 is because the 6th person was indeed not a teammate but our super coach TB. LOL
The security guard perhaps?

But everyone has already decided DCE was one of those who ignored the curfew. I'm bloody pissed off that the club won't confirm (or deny) this. I want to speculate and they are denying me ammunition. I have a right to know which players screwed up!
Did DCE lead them astray? Or did he admonish others for breaking curfew? WTF I need to know!
You would think if DCE was at the strip club surely it would have been confirmed by now by someone who was at the strip club? It's not like DCE could walk in there and fly under the radar.Buzz Rothfied has certainly been digging around for answers.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/26/10/51/manly-gladstone-name-players-gould

Panthers General Manager Phil Gould has stood behind Manly’s decision not to name the players involved in the Gladstone strip club incident.

“I get a bit annoyed with the medias expectations about what they should and shouldn’t know sometimes.”

Gould blamed some media outlets for drawing out the controversy, criticising the “ravenous” cycle that detracts from other aspects of the game.

“The media love this, they want it more than the game.

“The game is just a by-line to a lot of media sources.”

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/26/10/51/manly-gladstone-name-players-gould

Panthers General Manager Phil Gould has stood behind Manly’s decision not to name the players involved in the Gladstone strip club incident.

“I get a bit annoyed with the medias expectations about what they should and shouldn’t know sometimes.”

Gould blamed some media outlets for drawing out the controversy, criticising the “ravenous” cycle that detracts from other aspects of the game.

“The media love this, they want it more than the game.

“The game is just a by-line to a lot of media sources.”
Get that up ya Kent.

I see Willie "Dial-a-quote" Mason has weighed in with his opinion

Willie Mason expresses fears for Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett in wake of Gladstone dramas

FORMER Sea Eagles prop Willie Mason has expressed doubts that Manly coach Trent Barrett can control the current playing group, describing the missed curfew at Gladstone as “the biggest f*** you to a coach I’ve ever seen.”

Revelations that four other players would be fined for their part in the hijinks in Gladstone following the team’s Round 5 loss to the Titans carried the story of the fallout between captain Daly Cherry-Evans and Jackson Hastings into a second week.

A 44-10 loss to the previously winless Eels plunged Manly further into the mire and, according to Mason, only a win against the Knights at Lottoland on Friday night can cure their current ills.

The last of Mason’s 15 seasons in the NRL was spent at the Sea Eagles, where he played 20 games in 2015, with Cherry-Evans, Jorge Taufua and Jake Trbojevic the only players from Mason’s final game still at the club.

Known as someone who didn’t mind challenging authority during his 291-game, 24 Test and 13-game Origin career, Mason understands the mindset of players who are breaking the team rules and says it doesn’t bode well for Barrett.

“In this circumstance, six people have gone out and Trent Barrett’s given them a curfew. That’s just the biggest f*** you to a coach I’ve ever seen,” Mason told SkipiTV.

“I’ve seen it done at some clubs that I was at before when we were younger and no one could really tell us what to do.

“It’s that pack mentality when you’re out and you’re having a couple of beers and you’re getting beat and everyone’s getting pissed off.

“You’re pissed off at the coach, you’re pissed off at the trainers, you’re pissed off at the players, everything just seems to be all boiled up.

“That’s when you start breaking curfews and pretty much tell everyone to beat it and you run your own race.

“That’s the worst thing that can happen to Trent Barrett, is his team imploding and having no respect for him or the club.

“He’s got a hell of a task at the moment controlling these players, getting the key people like

‘DCE’ (Cherry-Evans) and the Trbojevic brothers and getting them all under one umbrella.”

In the latter stages of his career Mason played 60 games across three seasons for Wayne Bennett at the Knights where he was often called upon to actually enforce standards within the playing group.

“I got coached by arguably the greatest coach ever, Wayne Bennett, he never put a curfew on anybody,” Mason revealed.
“He’s coaching grown-ass men and he trusts you so you trust him.

“He’d never put a curfew on you but he’d say stuff like, get home by 12, 1 or 2, something like that.

“He would say to me, ‘Willie, you’re a senior player, get the boys home by 2.’”

Staring down the barrel of a fourth-straight loss and currently sitting in 13th position on the ladder, the only mode of recovery for Manly, according to Mason, is to start winning again.

“I’ve been in some teams where everything just seems to be going wrong, wrong, wrong and the only way to get past it all is to win,” he said.

“They’re going to have crisis meetings after crisis meetings this week and just get out there on the weekend and get a win, because that solves everything.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/60fe8256c67238eb228a43b181daede9

From Danny the Worm's column today

But there is another issue. I was told the players disobeyed Barrett by going out in Gladstone. I put that to Barrett and he said he had no problem with it because the club’s security guard and Cherry-Evans, the club’s captain, were with the group.

I took him at his word and didn’t pursue the story. The players have since been fined. If what Barrett told me is true, they should have no issue, because he knew and endorsed them going out.

We now know that Cherry-Evans and Hastings sledged each other at the strip club over their respective relationships with players. Hastings left and, 10 minutes later, DCE did the same. Cherry-Evans then showed up at Hastings’ hotel room. What happened next is in dispute, but there was an altercation.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/cl...attle-players-may-follow-20180428-p4zc8y.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8