Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The storm without hughes have lost there rudder somewhat. The teams gameplan has been disrupted and as they are so plan focussed they havnt adapted too well. Regardless of if hughes plays that will be fixed this week

Storm are still stacked with experience and class but a definite wobble has occurred in the last fortnight. And every other club, including Manly, would love nothing more than to pounce while they are in this un-Melbourne-like position.

I'd go so far as to suggest that right now they are in big danger of losing their aura, which for years has undoubtedly had many opposing teams psychologically beaten before the game even starts.

Bellamy is no fool and he knows this is a critical week so he'll do everything to have them primed.
Manly definitely has the ability to win this game, and in one swoop change both clubs' fortunes for the season. I must remember to tune in and watch!

Storm are still stacked with experience and class but a definite wobble has occurred in the last fortnight. And every other club, including Manly, would love nothing more than to pounce while they are in this un-Melbourne-like position.

I'd go so far as to suggest that right now they are in big danger of losing their aura, which for years has undoubtedly had many opposing teams psychologically beaten before the game even starts.

Bellamy is no fool and he knows this is a critical week so he'll do everything to have them primed.
Manly definitely has the ability to win this game, and in one swoop change both clubs' fortunes for the season. I must remember to tune in and watch!
Just don't think some of there players are in the right head space atm, maybe thinking of life at other clubs next year, they'll be losing 4 forwards out of there pack next season. The Storm have been up for so long now, it's hard to maintain the standard that Bellamy demands. They've replace quality players with bargain basement players, for the whole it's worked for them, but the times come where it's not baring fruit anymore.

One things for sure, Smith wont be tackling low on a tackled stationary player. Will more than likely affect his game, and will be more worried about being watched or monitored by the ref for this style of tackle through out the game.
360 did a bit of work on that last night ,it looks like a typical Bellamy main and injure type tackle to go along with the rest of the Storm tackle catelogue containing rolling pins ,chicken wings ,crushers ,hip drop etc ,I'm not sure if they have given it a name or not maybe a Bender given what it does to the knee or a Twister with the finishing action .Anyway lest hope the dopey ref on Thursday night is awake to these grub tactics

If its cummins , klien or atkins good luck getting anything noticed it will be,nothing to see here move along.
360 did a bit of work on that last night ,it looks like a typical Bellamy main and injure type tackle to go along with the rest of the Storm tackle catelogue containing rolling pins ,chicken wings ,crushers ,hip drop etc ,I'm not sure if they have given it a name or not maybe a Bender given what it does to the knee or a Twister with the finishing action .Anyway lest hope the dopey ref on Thursday night is awake to these grub tactics

Saw it on 360 also, they said it's a legal tackle. Thought if the attacking player is brought to a halt, ie; stood up and held, doesn't this constitute a tackle and a last man in attacking the legs gets penalized, the rules of our game contradict themselves..lol.

I’m surprised how tough people are on the Storm. They didn’t get flogged as bad as we did against Brisbane and we bounced back to compete the following week? What makes people think they can’t account for us on their home ground after being the most consistent side for a good 18-20 seasons now?

Calling out Bellamy’s coaching after two losses is also deplorable. He gets his side to the prelim pretty much every year. Calling out his struggles without his stars? Pappy was a Tigers cast off and Hughes was a journeyman fullback who couldn’t nail down a position until Bellamy got a hold of him and made him an elite halfback. They’re stars because of Bellamy, not the stars Bellamy needs to be successful. Talk about blind faith for Thursday night lol

Saw it on 360 also, they said it's a legal tackle. Thought if the attacking player is brought to a halt, ie; stood up and held, doesn't this constitute a tackle and a last man in attacking the legs gets penalized, the rules of our game contradict themselves..lol.
I thought they said it's legal because he's timing it to be the first man in, albeit marginally, not the last.

An inspirational quote from Philosopher Thomas Paine
“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph
End Quote

We are a playing a desperate Storm and so this will be a very hard conflict and it is only in hard do or die battles that heroes are made

Here is to Haslers Manly Heores
that they may live up to our legendary clubs Benchmark of greatness and Bask in Glory and do us proud with a great win against the Storm

Here's to our Manly Heroes
Those few who dare
Heading for glory
Living a prayer
Here's to our Manly Heroes
Who aim so high
Here's to our heroes
Who do or die

I thought they said it's legal because he's timing it to be the first man in, albeit marginally, not the last.
Going on what I saw, Smith looks to be the last man in. You're probably right SB, Bellamy has his drones timed perfectly when doing a gang tackle.

Wow wow wow ... (if true)
Scott Bailey
@ScottBaileyAAP

Bit of rare good injury news out of Manly. Jorge Taufua likely to make his NRL comeback on Thursday night, some 20 months after his last first-grade game where he injury his achilles. He'll play wing, Garrick to FB with Trbojevic out. Story on
@AAPSport
Great club man, he deserves his shot after being virtually a reserve over the past 2.5 yrs.

Going on what I saw, Smith looks to be the last man in. You're probably right SB, Bellamy has his drones timed perfectly when doing a gang tackle.
I think that's why they were pointing it out there, putting him (them) on notice to make sure the timing is right.

In reality the only other option to bringing Jorge back, was to throw Kaeo in at fullback.

It was always a huge possibility this week. On a positive note, he and Christian will ensure we have a decent power game coming out of our own end.

Let's hope his play the balls have sped up and his ability to diffuse a high ball has improved!

love to see jorge get a run, a season highlight for me and a silver lining from some miserable circumstances

if he plays though surely this will point out how low down the totem pole dylan walker is when it comes to his backline days at manly

Just waiting for @BOZO to post some "speed kills" quotes!
Thanks for the Speed Kills opportunity feathered friend

We must always sieze the moment when opportunity knocks !

There is no Saabstitute for Speed
Speed Thrills , Speed Kills and Speed is Sexy
Speed is cocaine on the footy field and gets the fans intoxicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8