Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

MATCH DAY

Thursday 26th May 2022

Venue:
.... AAMI Park, Melbourne, VIC

Gates Open:.... TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Melbourne Storm vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 7:50pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Reuben Garrick
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Morgan Harper
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Josh Schuster
17. Sean Keppie
18. Kurt De Luis

Replacement:

20. Kaeo Weekes.

Reserves:

Out:

16. Ethan Bullemor
19. Jason Saab
21. Viliami Fifita
22. Alec Tuitavake
23. Jamie Humphreys - Development Player

24. Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

Available But Not Selected:
  • James Roumanos
  • Zac Fulton
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Wednesday, 25 May 2022) * * *

Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic will undergo shoulder surgery and miss the remainder of the season in a massive blow to the Sea Eagles, Blues and Kangaroos.

Manly coach Des Hasler said that scans on the shoulder Trbojevic dislocated in last weekend's 22-20 loss to Parramatta injury confirmed the club's worst fears and he would require season ending surgery.

"He will have the operation. He won't play again this year," Hasler said after the team's captain's run on Wednesday ahead of Thursday night's trip to Melbourne.

The diagnosis rules Trbojevic out of the upcoming Origin series and the end-of-season World Cup in England.

"He would be an integral part of any footy team, not just the Manly Sea Eagles but the NSW Blues, which is just around the corner," Hasler said.

"At the same time we realise it is part and parcel of what we do. Tom is so focused and obviously he is extremely disappointed but we know that he will make a great comeback."

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Jason Saab (Toe, Round 12-13)
  • Martin Taupau (Quad, Round 13)
  • Karl Lawton (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Shoulder, Indefinite)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Shoulder, Indefinite)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, Indefinite)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, Indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Mid-Season)

However, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Jorge Taufua (Achilles, Round 12)
  • Karl Lawton (Suspension, Round 13)
  • Jason Saab (Toe, Round 13)
  • Martin Taupau (Quad, Round 13)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Shoulder, Round 14)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, Indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Indefinite)
  • Taniela Paseka (Knee, Indefinite)

I have a great feeling about this game.

One big win will be massive for us.

After watching the storm the last few weeks its reinforced to me that the influential role of coaches is, in a sense, limited. Bellamy's yelling can't do anything when his average players aren't surrounded by stars. They are stacked at full-strength, and still should be heavy favourites in their current state, but if manly aren't too attached to our recent results, and retain some belief, they should be confident in causing the upset.

Rugby League is all down to confidence, confidence, confidence, injury, simple game plans and luck.

Look at the cowboys. **** rd 1, won a few and became somewhat confident, faked it till they made it and got a big scalp last week to actualise their form.

Good teams are ones that are able to shamelessly delude themselves into the 'reality' that they are superior to their opposition, or at least competitive to. I'd like to see our forwards walk over them and not look back.

Win this, get some belief, then cement it by winning the next few.

simples...

One of our few opportunities to cause a major turning point in our season imo.
Even if the storm are understrength, it doesn't matter.

It's all mental for us at this point, forget the injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you Have to put this up so early. after the weekend we have had as a club just gives us until before reminding us who we play this week.
  • It's not early.
  • It's not as early as when I put up the Round 11 Game Threads. I did them the next day (early Saturday morning).
  • Round 11 is over.
  • I do the Game Threads when I get the time.
  • I work Monday to Friday so I don't always feel like or have the time to do them after work.
  • Nobody is forcing you to look at the thread today. It was your choice
:)

Manly’s performance was pretty bloody awesome against the Slimy Eels.
Except for a couple of duds..(we all know who)
Call me crazy but I’m feeling slightly confident that we can beat the Storm
We’re paying $6.20
Am I that confident to put my hard earned on??
Probably not

EDIT- you betcha I’m puttin’ a 10’er on Manly! Go the boys!

• It's not early.
  • It's not as early as when I put up the Round 11 Game Threads. I did them the next day (early Saturday morning).
  • Round 11 is over.
  • I do the Game Threads when I get the time.
  • I work Monday to Friday so I don't always feel like or have the time to do them after work.
  • Nobody is forcing you to look at the thread today. It was your choice
:)
Thanks @Jethro appreciate the work you put in each week with the game threads. Cheers

Manly’s performance was pretty bloody awesome against the Slimy Eels.
Except for a couple of duds..(we all know who)
Call me crazy but I’m feeling slightly confident that we can beat the Storm
We’re paying $6.20
Am I that confident to put my hard earned on??
Probably not

EDIT- you betcha I’m puttin’ a 10’er on Manly! Go the boys!
After Will Zelatoris gets up in the PGA tomorrow to get me $340 at 34-1 I’ll let It ride into Thursday night at $6. Giddy up!

Attachments

• C597B135-7642-42A3-91ED-23BF0AAFAFC1.jpeg
    C597B135-7642-42A3-91ED-23BF0AAFAFC1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
I hope Weekes gets a crack. With Saab still out, why risk weakening the wing when we have 2 rookies who can play fullback. Earlier this yr an article was written how Weekes is going to be Turbos shadow and is a future fullback. We saw the likes of warriors, roosters and titans debut their young guns in key positions so hopefully we do this. All though knowing des, Garrick will most likely be named 1.

Hopefully Hughes and NAS still missing, so I give us a good chance. The long odds are probably in the expectation Manly's morale will be shattered by the loss of Turbo for the season. Which it might be ... but it might not be. If we start well anything can happen.

Hopefully Hughes and NAS still missing, so I give us a good chance. The long odds are probably in the expectation Manly's morale will be shattered by the loss of Turbo for the season. Which it might be ... but it might not be. If we start well anything can happen.
I really believe as much as our last minute dramatic loss was a heartbreaking for our boys .
We were dominating and leading for most of game and playing great footy and possibly the best we have played all year which would have given our boys some heart and confidence to believe in them selves that they are capable of winning against the Storm .
I agree with you that a great start to the game is paramount for us to build confidence and momentum .

I hope Hughes plays , I hope we face them with their full orchestra
Beating the Strom on their home ground would propel us to the next level
We need a Big win to make a Big Statement that we are not fcking flat track bullies !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4