Stop saying “The Board”

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Can people stop saying “The Board” Manly is a “Dictatorship” and Penn is the “Dictator” there is no board at Manly anymore, there hasn’t been a board since Penn became majority shareholder. There is only a group of talentless cronies that do whatever Penn wants. Penn as a majority owner has been a dismal failure as shown by the amount of CEO’s that have been churned through because they can’t work with Penn as he is incompetent and reckless in both business and football operations . Tony Mestrov is the latest stooge to be used up and spat out. The Penn family are not saviours of the club as they try and portray, they are a vulture fund attempting to suck whatever value they can out of our club, be it monetary or for media attention & notoriety but if Penn was a coach he would have been sacked in 2011 when he failed to renegotiate an extension for one of the hottest coaches at that time. Penn is not only a failure but the worst kind of failure because he refuse’s to believe he is at fault and blames others for his failings. #Pennout

Correct. Say Penn Sport they are the gronks who own our once great club

Can people stop saying “The Board” Manly is a “Dictatorship” and Penn is the “Dictator” there is no board at Manly anymore, there hasn’t been a board since Penn became majority shareholder. There is only a group of talentless cronies that do whatever Penn wants. Penn as a majority owner has been a dismal failure as shown by the amount of CEO’s that have been churned through because they can’t work with Penn as he is incompetent and reckless in both business and football operations . Tony Mestrov is the latest stooge to be used up and spat out. The Penn family are not saviours of the club as they try and portray, they are a vulture fund attempting to suck whatever value they can out of our club, be it monetary or for media attention & notoriety but if Penn was a coach he would have been sacked in 2011 when he failed to renegotiate an extension for one of the hottest coaches at that time. Penn is not only a failure but the worst kind of failure because he refuse’s to believe he is at fault and blames others for his failings. #Pennout
Penn is Chairman of the Bored.

Very true. Every time I Google the M-W board all I can come up with is the LC board. There are certainly FC people on their board out there, but I think only one rep is on the Fluffster’s board.

Presumably he and dad sold off some of their shares to Wolman (I think they have another minority partner) so they could vote in accordance with Scott’s wishes.

Mate, I'll take any excuse to watch that clip. This is one of my most vivid memories of watching "Countdown" as a kid, and thinking, "What in the absolute **** is this?" Such a great song, too.
Yep, once seen never forgotten.
The pre "performance" chat was something to behold, to think these days they'd come up with some excuse that he's feeling unwell and unable to appear.

Very true. Every time I Google the M-W board all I can come up with is the LC board. There are certainly FC people on their board out there, but I think only one rep is on the Fluffster’s board.

Presumably he and dad sold off some of their shares to Wolman (I think they have another minority partner) so they could vote in accordance with Scott’s wishes.
Exactly Terry, they always refer to it like there is a board in control of the club, when in actual fact Penn single handedly decides on all issues. He owns the majority of shares in the NRL club. The board they mention is all of his employees and a couple of minor shareholders. The Manly Rugby League Football Club of which Cliff Lyons is the Chairman is a separate entity which has no say in the operations of the NRL club but is a shareholder of the NRL club and they have the preference share that controls the colours, location and name of the club. Other than that they don’t have any say or control. Penn is the. problem.

Under the constitution of the Sea Eagles the Football Club (MWRLFC) has 2 seats on the board.

Is the only way to get rid of him is to buy the club ownership from him. $40 million. ? Ok, I'll do it. @:);)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4