Still in it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Look while I only watched till half time and that was enough... yet again the doom and gloomers on here are sacking players, sacking the coach, the coach can't coach, he doesn't use his reserves, DCE was woeful, drop Harper, Suli is the man, Schuster has to go, forwards were pathetic bla bla bla. Some of the criticism is very very warranted. We were outplayed and we were terrible. But over the last 17 weeks or so since round 4 we have loved what this side has done, loved their attitude and loved what Des has done. That doesn't change today. This team is still a very good side. Our whole ethos since round 4 has been to attack at all costs. That comes with risks - risks of dropping the ball. The last couple of weeks we have been clunky and the early inside ball to Harper from DCE last night that wasn't just showed that we were still clunky. Things went downhill from there. If we all think we are going to go toe to toe with the Storm and outlast them in an arm wrestle you are simply dreaming. This is how they have played all year and for the last 15 or so. Trying to out play them by playing safe is a strategy that is a disaster. We need to take risks. They didn't come off last night and we looked poor but if a few passes in the first half stick, if the Harper no try is a try which it should have been and if Tom didn't drop that ball.. helped by a Storm hand/finger, if Haumole and Marty were just an inch lower in those tackles - all split second things - the game is a very different game. With both those tackles we had them on the rack in those defensive sets - they got marched down the field and I think scored both times! Now just think... if all those things go our way... we are probably in that contest right up to our eyeballs... and we still hadn't had a chance to play the razzle dazzle game that we love so the game could have been anything. The sun is up today, we are still alive, Des still can coach, our team still can play, Tom is still Tom, if the refs get the Storm off us a bit quicker and not let them lie all over us.... we just need a few of those things that went awry in the first half to change and that game is a different game. They didn't go our way... we were then chasing our tails against the real professionals in the comp and our young team's confidence waned. Now that is the reality. We need to reset... not throw everything out with the bathwater and just play like we have all year - with razzle dazzle. This is not the time to be gun shy and go into our shell. We will go out in straight sets for sure if we do that. Let them re-set, lets stay the course, let Des address a few things but lets play the Manly football of 2021. We will then win next week and we can have another crack. Chins up.. we are still a great chance to win this. Mass changes to the team and/or our playing strategy now will mean it will be all over. We are the entertainers - we can be that on Grand Final day... again just think... if those things change we would have been in that contest and our heads dont drop causing more errors and us being tired in defence......very different game indeed.

Last edited:

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watching fox Keary and cronk and Alexander are making a really good point which maybe biased but true.

Speaking about roosters having jwh as a forward enforcer, Penrith have fisher Harris.

Say what you want about his attitude we missed AFB more so than any other game than last night.. he was our enforcer.

Don't get me wrong our forwards on there day can match teams but we lack at the moment that big aggressive leader.

Mitch

Bencher
I just can't see what you both are seeing. We are no hope against the roosters next weekend..Our boys our mentally shot and will have no answers next weekend. If we get within 16 points next weekend we are doing well.
Completely disagree with you but that’s all good! I don’t see this side being mentally weak, if they were they wouldn’t have finish where they did at the end of the regular season.

Was it a bad loss last night, absolutely. Would the boys be filthy on themselves, without doubt.

You won’t see Tom have another quiet game this week, he’ll want to make up for what happened last night.

They’ll be up for this game, they’ve worked hard this season and they’ll leave it all out there.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Perspective time ...

The reality is we are still in it

We also got a taste of the next level of high standard finals footy reality

Just how real of a premiership winning deal we are will be revealed by the way our our players respond at end the 2021 season
Perspective time.

Fullstops.

They’re there for a reason.

Give them a shot.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
No excuses if we dont beat the busted roosters next week

The Roosters still have unavailable

Their captain Cordner
Their hooker Friend
Their Key play maker Keary
Their Gun back Manu
Their experienced Morris brother
Their QLD SOO forward Collins
as well as
Butcher
Suali
Smith
got to give credit to them, they have done pretty bloody well considering.
while i will say that here in a safe place, i will never, ever, be caught dead uttering those words in public about the rorters.
even to my cock(rooster-nothing else!) loving friend.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perspective time.

Fullstops.

They’re there for a reason.

Give them a shot.
We had a shot at the storm to win and give our selves an easier path to the finals

We do have another shot next week

No fullstops to our finals hopes unless we lose against the resilient under strength roosters who keep on defying the odds with key players out all season

The roosters tough win tonight would have helped to build more resilience to their young and inexperience players filling in as tough times build tough characters

We should beat an under strength roosters team next week and have another shot the week after

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
got to give credit to them, they have done pretty bloody well considering.
while i will say that here in a safe place, i will never, ever, be caught dead uttering those words in public about the rorters.
even to my cock(rooster-nothing else!) loving friend.
Thanks for sharing your story and here is mine

I am not a tall poppy

I have never been a tall poppy

I have never lived on the Great Northern Beaches

I lived in the humble suburbs where they followed the Newtown Jets and Souths when i was a kid

Unlike my neighbourhood tall poppy friends who despised Manly for being winners and buying premierships I admired the Manly Club for being winners

And that is why I will always love Manly and respect winners in sport

Bomb Voyage

Reserve Grader
Just watching fox Keary and cronk and Alexander are making a really good point which maybe biased but true.

Speaking about roosters having jwh as a forward enforcer, Penrith have fisher Harris.

Say what you want about his attitude we missed AFB more so than any other game than last night.. he was our enforcer.

Don't get me wrong our forwards on there day can match teams but we lack at the moment that big aggressive leader.
AFB was in no way shape or form an enforcer - he was just a big bad looking dude who never did big bad looking dude **** - lets be real

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
AFB was in no way shape or form an enforcer - he was just a big bad looking dude who never did big bad looking dude **** - lets be real
100% he pretended to be the tough guy. Mouthed off a lot, disrespected the disadvantaged, and his ill discipline cost us on more than one occasion. Glad to see the back of him tbh. That said, Marty and co need to lift their game v Easts. If they don’t, it’s goodbye season 2021!

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Didn’t he allegedly get run out of town for carrying on like a pork chop with genuine bad a$$ dudes? I dunno, may well just be rumours.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I have an eerie feeling it will be like 2013 where we lost to Roosters then ended up playing them in the GF. The boys will bounce back strongly against whoever we play next week.
Wasn't the score 4 nil that game? I think this year's series is a building block for a GF next year if we make a few tweaks on the roster. I reckon we will go out in the semi against the rabbits. I hope your right though!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13