Still in it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Lorenzo

Hey, everyone, I don't normally comment here much but recapping from last nights game we were never in it, after Lumelume scored the 1st try I knew it was over tbh, can't let storm win the game within 15 minutes not good enough, I think the big game pressure got to many of our boys but have no doubt Dessie will make them focus and prepare for the next one while Harper was of yes but he is still young and is a bloody terrific player but not everyone can be perfect every game. If it is Roosters or Titans we play next week I'm still confident we can knock off one of those teams & it will take another win and all of a sudden we're back keep the faith guys.

Last edited:
I have an eerie feeling it will be like 2013 where we lost to Roosters then ended up playing them in the GF. The boys will bounce back strongly against whoever we play next week.

i like your optimism.

However, the 2013 team was full of experience.

something this team is severely lacking.

I just can't see what you both are seeing. We are no hope against the roosters next weekend..Our boys our mentally shot and will have no answers next weekend. If we get within 16 points next weekend we are doing well.
Maybe! Maybe not! I said that after 4 weeks of the normal competition… ya never know!

just sayin’

I just can't see what you both are seeing. We are no hope against the roosters next weekend..Our boys our mentally shot and will have no answers next weekend. If we get within 16 points next weekend we are doing well.
We have a team which has done well after round 4 this season. This is the first blowout score against us since that time. Overnight they can’t become bad. The team is almost at 100% fitness with only Crocker missing last night. Some players had an off night and we didn’t have much ball due to turnovers and silly penalties being given. There is enough experience and talent in this team that can bounce back.

Losing 1 game by 28 points after 22 rounds doesn’t mean the team has lost it mentally or physically. The same players turned it around 6 rounds ago and put 50 on the Eels and I have faith that they can win next week and can still make the finals. Sudden death from now on so they’ll be all out aiming for a win.

Have some faith in the team as I am sure the players will not have given up.

T
I have an eerie feeling it will be like 2013 where we lost to Roosters then ended up playing them in the GF. The boys will bounce back strongly against whoever we play next week.
That is a very, very poor comparison. That 2013 game against the roosters was an absolute arm wrestle for 80 minutes (which we probably should’ve won).
Last night we were never in that contest, I’d agree with you if we performed the way we did against them a month ago, however we were way off the pace. Roosters pending they win against the Titans will be a tough game.

I think we've got a better than even chance of beating the Roosters or Titans next week, but I can't see us beating the Panthers or Storm without growing an extra leg.

Its not that we lost it’s the way we lost. They beat us in every facet of the game and I fear they are in our heads. We needed one of our experienced players to lead and DCE panicked and Foran was very quiet. We couldn’t get any momentum they were in our faces and off side often. When Parra beat them they got 10 metres and dominated possession. It’s not rocket science.

Its not that we lost it’s the way we lost. They beat us in every facet of the game and I fear they are in our heads. We needed one of our experienced players to lead and DCE panicked and Foran was very quiet. We couldn’t get any momentum they were in our faces and off side often. When Parra beat them they got 10 metres and dominated possession. It’s not rocket science.
And Roosters will bring a very similar game plan against us.

Morris tupou Victor Angus teddy JWH veriils walker will all carve us up next weekend. Robinson will get his players to play like the storm. We won't get close next Friday night.
No excuses if we dont beat the busted roosters next week

The Roosters still have unavailable

Their captain Cordner
Their hooker Friend
Their Key play maker Keary
Their Gun back Manu
Their experienced Morris brother
Their QLD SOO forward Collins
as well as
Butcher
Suali
Smith

Disagree completely, last night was extremely dissapointing, but I don't think we are mentally shot, if anything I think we were are victim of the young inexperienced players being over confident leading to lazy decisions and mistakes.
Unfortunately the senior players didn't real it in and compose the side so on it went.
They will learn, but they are a cocky bunch I doubt they are mentally shot. They'll turn up next week and we will have a red hot dig, will we make the GF, I don't know but let's not lose our **** and give up completely

We are still alive, we still have life and we still breath we are still a chance.

Perspective time ...

The reality is we are still in it

We also got a taste of the next level of high standard finals footy reality

Just how real of a premiership winning deal we are will be revealed by the way our our players respond at end the 2021 season

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8