Steve Matai - where is he

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Logged in to this website for the first time in a while just to post about Steve Matai. Love the guy and he is one of my favourite players of all time. He is unquestionably entitled to his privacy and I wish him and his family all the best.

His football chapter was incredible for himself and us fans. His next chapter of quiet living on our country’s beautiful coastline will be just as amazing

I certainly don't think he needs to be connected to the club in any way or do laps around Brookie if he doesn't want to etc. but I think it's a shame that he doesn't keep in touch with his teammates of who he was very close friends with for a number of years. He was in Gifty's bridal party, etc.

Skivvy is entitled to live his life the way he wants it. I am glad that he is safe and well and enjoying life up the coast.

I do hope at some stage he comes along to reunions and functions that the club put on for our veterans, if he chooses not to attend, then that is his business!!

One of the bravest and most courageous players ever to wear the Maroon and White!

I certainly don't think he needs to be connected to the club in any way or do laps around Brookie if he doesn't want to etc. but I think it's a shame that he doesn't keep in touch with his teammates of who he was very close friends with for a number of years. He was in Gifty's bridal party, etc.

I reckon that angle possibly had a fair bit of poetic license used when being written.

Skill wise
Fainu has more than Ballin
Taupau has more than Kite
Saab and Tuipulotu has more than Hicks
That leaves 7 of your team out of 17 players.
Its easy to look better in a quality team. Team success brings individual form. What im saying is its not about individual skill, its about "team" harmony which our old boys had an abundance of
There is no way I would have Marty in my team over Kite. No chance! And has anybody actually seen Saab and Tuipolotu play regular first grade?

There is no way I would have Marty in my team over Kite. No chance! And has anybody actually seen Saab and Tuipolotu play regular first grade?
I'm talking about skill wise!!! Nothing else! Just skill. So you honestly reckon Kite has more "skill" than Taupau

Yes. Marty is not in Kite's league in any department. That is my opinion. 2 × premiership player and Clive Churchill Medallist.
If kite was around id piss of Marty in a heart beat. Guys got no fangs for his size he's a pussy. Show me 1 big hit he has done in the last few years? Legal hits. He's just a show boat and not manly at heart like kitey was. He wouldn't take a pay cut to stay imo

Yes. Marty is not in Kite's league in any department. That is my opinion. 2 × premiership player and Clive Churchill Medallist.
Tolman has played in 3 GFs and won one aswell. Kite was a quality prop but we are talking "skill"
If this team gets a premiership in the next couple years everyone will be talking about how good they were. If Taupau played in the Golden era he would be considered one of our great forwards.

Tolman has played in 3 GFs and won one aswell. Kite was a quality prop but we are talking "skill"
If this team gets a premiership in the next couple years everyone will be talking about how good they were. If Taupau played in the Golden era he would be considered one of our great forwards.
I will not be changing my opinion. Not in a million years, but I will allow you the last word...maybe we should put this to a fan poll?

Apologise for making light .. if there is a genuine problem and not just a desire for privacy ... but .. rumours persist that he was last seen being bundled into the back of a country school bus by a woman dressed as an Alien and answering to the name of @niccipops ....
Please don't tell - oops...damn! Public forum.
That smile....
Those big hits, pulverising the opposition.
Still my man.
*apologies to Mrs Matai. I'll return him soon.......maybe

On a more serious note, still just about my favourite player ever.

Yeah from what’s reported does sound like s bit of a shame I agree. But let’s leave that opinion to his mates. I’m sure they will reconnect in time if they’ve lost touch. I’ve followed manly since 1990 and he is my fav all time manly player. Would love to meet him one day and shake his hand. Legend!

He says he is happy and enjoying life and asks to respect his privacy. We are all entitled to live our lives how we want as long as we are obey the laws and I would add show common decency and respect to others and the planet. It is normal for people to worry about someone especially with the spectre of drugs and mental health issues swirling in the community. He says he is fine - he is a life member - he is one of the very best and toughest Eagles of all time. Our need for Steve to be back at the club or connected to the club is obviously far bigger than his need. I would love him to be involved, to teach the young players of heart and mental toughness and defensive technique but it is not to be. I would also love to watch him live again - no doubt because I loved to tackle just like that... obviously not as talented but in my mind defence was always a form of attack and strangely I would rather the opposition have the ball than my team having the ball. He is where he wants to be - we obviously hope he is happy and healthy. Lets leave him be and lets just keep watching those highlight reels and wow - weren't there some!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8