Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Our right side defence is the key, if Harper and Saab slip into lost mode we're bunnie pellets, Des has to put in some serious time on that aspect of our game or it will be a repeat of the Storm semi
Let’s not forget their left side has similar issues , this could well come down to a situation of a lot of try’s for each side.

souths have a big pack i would almost bring toff on the bench at the expense of lawton.

when toff runs off the back fence for us hes a gun
Doubt it. Yes Sipley can bend the line but - if we lost a forward in the first few minutes Lawton can come on and play long minutes, effective in both defence and attack.
Sipley is one of my favourites but he can only manage one 20 minute burst or a couple of 15 minute stints.
He may be the modern George Rose, gradually building to the peak fitness required to play first grade all year. He's close but maybe the new rules have come at the wrong time for such a big guy.

Doubt it. Yes Sipley can bend the line but - if we lost a forward in the first few minutes Lawton can come on and play long minutes, effective in both defence and attack.
Sipley is one of my favourites but he can only manage one 20 minute burst or a couple of 15 minute stints.
He may be the modern George Rose, gradually building to the peak fitness required to play first grade all year. He's close but maybe the new rules have come at the wrong time for such a big guy.
Big is Beautiful and Big George Rose at his best was Beautiful and Destructive
We need Moses the Monster running at and destroying the Rabbits

The LawMan doubles as a relief hooker plus he can also play in the halves.

One aspect which worries me about this game is that Bellamy came up with a successful game-plan to shut down Turbo and Manly in week 1. Couldn't Bennett could do something very similar - after all, he came up with an effective game-plan to shut down the Panthers, so I wouldn't put it past him.

Having said that though, it's all well to have a winning game-plan but it's another thing to execute it effectively...

Last edited:
For whatever reason I’m still not a Sipley fan like many of you on here , I think Lawton ( whilst no superstar ) can cover a few positions off the bench.

Sipley however is good for a few hit ups , some tackles and **** all else

One aspect which worries me about this game is that Bellamy came up with a successful game-plan to shut down Turbo and Manly in week 1.
I don't think the Tom and team shutdown was because of any special plan, it happened because we didn't win the forwards battle, dropped the ball and gave away penalties. Because of this we weren't applying any pressure, had no field position, our backs had no space which then created more errors. Pretty much what the Rorters did to themselves on friday.

We just need to do the opposite of what we did against the Drizzle and we will beat anyone.

I don't think the Tom and team shutdown was because of any special plan, it happened because we didn't win the forwards battle, dropped the ball and gave away penalties. Because of this we weren't applying any pressure, had no field position, our backs had no space which then created more errors. Pretty much what the Rorters did to themselves on friday.

We just need to do the opposite of what we did against the Drizzle and we will beat anyone.
100%. You’ve hit the nail on the head. Where was all the criticism of Tedesco and the praise for Hasler’s plan and innovative tactics to shut him down?

Oh that’s right...his team was dominated so of course he didn’t get himself into the game and have an impact. Strange how concessions and common sense are applied in some areas and not in others.

I’m happy to let everyone believe that some special storm hocus pocus tactic shut turbo down. The league media keeps repeating it so it must be true!

Of course the real reason was manly’s own errors leading to la k of possession.

One aspect which worries me about this game is that Bellamy came up with a successful game-plan to shut down Turbo and Manly in week 1. Couldn't Bennett could do something very similar - after all, he came up with an effective game-plan to shut down the Panthers, so I wouldn't put it past him.

Having said that though, it's all well to have a winning game-plan but it's another thing to execute it effectively...
If we can play the game in their half we win. If it’s played in our half then we won’t. The kicking game and performance of the forwards is the key.

Simple really if we have go forward we have the strike power to put points on.

Nailed it , they didn’t shut us down, we shut ourselves down.

And in retrospect , it was good that it happened then.

I’d say it was a shock to the team who just thought they’d have to turn up and the roll would keep coming!!

Play like we did on Friday and the Bunnies AND whoever we play after that should be worried!

A few things

Watching the brownlow medal tonight it again reminds to me that we are at the serious end of the footy codes seasons.

How good we are still alive and I think a 50/50 chance on Friday night to make it to the big dance.

If you are in Brisbane QLD I call on you do your job and attend Friday night live to support the boys trust me if we get in the lead and the manly chant starts ringing around Suncorp our boys will get such a lift.

To all those in QLD who have the opportunity please get To the game live. Living in Sydney knowing I am missing out going out to the PF live ..I am a stadium Australia Member, makes this week so hard to take.

We don't know when we will get back to this stage of the finals series again so that's why I call on all who can go to support the boys this Friday night.

2013 our last PF against south's was one of the greatest nights I have ever experienced in going to sport live , seeing rusty albo and co leaving there corporate suite and just giving them the look with pointing to my jersey and there reaction I will never forget. It was probably my most favourite win apart from GF'S to be at live.

Even if we fall at this stage of the season this has been a very successful season. Whatever happens on Firday this year is the start for us as a club building to a title.

So again I just want to implore ask beg if you live in Queensland and can make it please go and support the boys this Friday night.

Lets out number souths fan on Friday night.

A few things

Watching the brownlow medal tonight it again reminds to me that we are at the serious end of the footy codes seasons.

How good we are still alive and I think a 50/50 chance on Friday night to make it to the big dance.

If you are in Brisbane QLD I call on you do your job and attend Friday night live to support the boys trust me if we get in the lead and the manly chant starts ringing around Suncorp our boys will get such a lift.

To all those in QLD who have the opportunity please get To the game live. Living in Sydney knowing I am missing out going out to the PF live ..I am a stadium Australia Member, makes this week so hard to take.

We don't know when we will get back to this stage of the finals series again so that's why I call on all who can go to support the boys this Friday night.

2013 our last PF against south's was one of the greatest nights I have ever experienced in going to sport live , seeing rusty albo and co leaving there corporate suite and just giving them the look with pointing to my jersey and there reaction I will never forget. It was probably my most favourite win apart from GF'S to be at live.

Even if we fall at this stage of the season this has been a very successful season. Whatever happens on Firday this year is the start for us as a club building to a title.

So again I just want to implore ask beg if you live in Queensland and can make it please go and support the boys this Friday night.

Lets out number souths fan on Friday night.
I’ll be there buddy , will do my best

2013 our last PF against south's was one of the greatest nights
Totally. From memory we went into the game a bit battered and broken and Souths raced to a 14-nil and were all over us. I forget what triggered the comeback, may have been Snake, but come back we did, including a try by Wolfman that is still scarcely believable. Tommy Symonds sealed it with a charge down try from memory, happy day.

Totally. From memory we went into the game a bit battered and broken and Souths raced to a 14-nil and were all over us. I forget what triggered the comeback, may have been Snake, but come back we did, including a try by Wolfman that is still scarcely believable. Tommy Symonds sealed it with a charge down try from memory, happy day.
I was there, one of the greatest nights in our history - watching the Souffs fans do the walk of shame after Tom’s try was beautiful

Great night. Was there behind the posts, my bunnies friend was giving me crap. I just told him "you have all the ball, give us a fair share then tell me how your team is going" he shut up soon after as our tries started lol

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8