Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Should be a nail biter of a week, just waiting for the game. Then the game 100 times more nerve wracking.

Hopefully both Parker and Foz's hands are ok. Brad has his bandaged after half time and I saw foz wringing his out of one tackle.

Do they still use hyperbaric chambers for quicker recoveries? Lock 'em in!

Ok I'm confused. Is this the pre game thread or the pre pre game thread. Or is it the post pre game thread or maybe the pre post game thread. Then again it could be the pre post game day thread or maybe the post pre gameday pre thread.
It's a pre-game thread but you can post in it.

All predictions aside.We need to beat south’s and they are not going to be easy. They played a disciplined game the last time and this time with a rest they are going to be hard to beat. If we win this time around against south’s then I will be surprised big time. We need to tidy up our errors still. Yea we played good against the roosters but realistically we need to improve a tad more. We are still getting to our feet and dropping the ball cold. It’s hard to overlook in these big games. Honestly speaking, we have done well to get this far and I believe some of our players have turned their carriers around. Especially Walker. Foran is playing out of his skin and to the best of his ability. Something not right still with Schuster in my opinion. We need him firing. We got some work to do but it def is doable. Will be going to the game but will be staying home for the GF Regardless of who’s in it. I am really hoping for a Manly win but by geez it will have to virtually be mistake free.

All predictions aside.We need to beat south’s and they are not going to be easy. They played a disciplined game the last time and this time with a rest they are going to be hard to beat. If we win this time around against south’s then I will be surprised big time. We need to tidy up our errors still. Yea we played good against the roosters but realistically we need to improve a tad more. We are still getting to our feet and dropping the ball cold. It’s hard to overlook in these big games. Honestly speaking, we have done well to get this far and I believe some of our players have turned their carriers around. Especially Walker. Foran is playing out of his skin and to the best of his ability. Something not right still with Schuster in my opinion. We need him firing. We got some work to do but it def is doable. Will be going to the game but will be staying home for the GF Regardless of who’s in it. I am really hoping for a Manly win but by geez it will have to virtually be mistake free.
If Jurbo doesn't grab any shirts this time we will win.... Suli a smokey to play over Parker, he monstered Gagai in the '19 semi

Not to be to confident, I fancy the match up against the Bunnies in the middle we match up on paper in Manly's favour, match the energy from Tom Burgess and slow their ruck-speed down will be a factor with Murray and Cook.

The main attacking danger on the edge will be Walker, put pressure on him and stay at him will be a job for DCE and Guaca.

The Manly right edge has been most of the talk and rightly so after the Storm game, however the Rabbits have similar issues on their left edge defense.

Manly need to stop getting up slow and looking at the ref when they want a penalty from the tackle for holding down etc. Get on with it and don't lose momentum.

Schuster and Guac need to ignite, particularly Schuster.

Harper needs to be on his game in defence.

Provide more open space and kick opportunities for Saab.

MANLY win

We have the forward pack to outmuscle and overpower them, if we get the rotation correct, have similar performances to what we had on Friday, especially like Keppie, then we go a long way to winning this game. Cody also has the ability to torch our edges if our edge defenders defend like they've been in the last month, so important our right side fixes up, was concerning with still how easy teddy ripped through a few times.

Everybody talking defence, NO, all we gotta do is outscore them, we can score tries from anywhere on the field, let the attack win the game..

We have the forward pack to outmuscle and overpower them, if we get the rotation correct, have similar performances to what we had on Friday, especially like Keppie, then we go a long way to winning this game. Cody also has the ability to torch our edges if our edge defenders defend like they've been in the last month, so important our right side fixes up, was concerning with still how easy teddy ripped through a few times.
Agree with you on us having the advantage in the forwards. Sths strength is their backs with Cody, Reynolds and Benji presenting big dangers for us. Quietly confident though, we will be well prepared for what they throw at us.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10