Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hooray!

And now I get to tell that person who told me about Parker...that his source is a ned know-nuttin!

(Though he lurks here...so he can just read this!)

bonus being Buzz...who probably took his scoop from here...is wrong again! lol

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
For what it is worth

Perspective form the South Sydney NRL forum ....

This is a far cry from when we played each other back in round 2. Neither team is the same now as it was then, so we can forget about that.

Dylan Walker has been playing well for Manly in the middle but still has some missed tackles in him, so he should be targeted when he’s on. Otherwise, if we stick to our standard going to the edges, we should be too strong for Parker and Harper.

Shut down Turbo, and do it early. After 20 minutes, if we’ve kept him ineffective, be on the lookout for them to utilise Foran and DCE.

Our forward pack should be too strong for them, and I think our strengths in attack match their weaknesses in defence.

Should be a cracker of a game.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
For what it is worth

Perspective form the South Sydney NRL forum ....

This is a far cry from when we played each other back in round 2. Neither team is the same now as it was then, so we can forget about that.

Dylan Walker has been playing well for Manly in the middle but still has some missed tackles in him, so he should be targeted when he’s on. Otherwise, if we stick to our standard going to the edges, we should be too strong for Parker and Harper.

Shut down Turbo, and do it early. After 20 minutes, if we’ve kept him ineffective, be on the lookout for them to utilise Foran and DCE.

Our forward pack should be too strong for them, and I think our strengths in attack match their weaknesses in defence.

Should be a cracker of a game.
Harpers side leaked badly v the Storm but was much better last week.

Don’t think Parker’s side is an issue.

The strength in their forward pack is a fair comment although running Keppie on first could negate this. Jake needs to play the game of his life to shore up that defensive middle.

And let’s not forget they have some weaknesses in defence as well.

I think we’ll see a few try’s come through Harpers side , but equally we’ll attack their weaker side through Campbell Graham so probably equals out really.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Harpers side leaked badly v the Storm but was much better last week.

Don’t think Parker’s side is an issue.

The strength in their forward pack is a fair comment although running Keppie on first could negate this. Jake needs to play the game of his life to shore up that defensive middle.

And let’s not forget they have some weaknesses in defence as well.

I think we’ll see a few try’s come through Harpers side , but equally we’ll attack their weaker side through Campbell Graham so probably equals out really.
In an article where Andrew Johns tipped Manly to beat Souths provided we fix up our defence up the middle and both edges . Right and left .

Harper had an issue last time because he was marking Olam and any centre that is up against Olam has nothing but trouble .

Cody Walker is a roving 5/8 who works both sides of the field equally well and he has very fast outside backs that support him

Souths defensive effort against the panthers was exceptional and we need to be more that a one Man Tommy Manly team in attack to score enough winning points against them .

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Des Hasler both as a player and as a coach has a 100% winning record in Preliminary Finals. As a player in 1995 and 1996, and as a coach in 2007, 2008, 2011, all with Manly, and in 2012 and 2014 with the Dogs.

And it will still be 100% after tomorrow night.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Manly's biggest win ever against Souths was 54–0 at Brookvale Oval on 24 August 1975.

Manly's biggest Finals win against Souths was 30–6 in the Qualifying Final at Brookvale Oval on 8 September 2007.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16