Pre-Game Souths v Manly [Finals Week 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 10
Suncorp Stadium
24 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

court83

Bencher
So, I said this 2 years ago and it's the same situation again..

My wife has 2 kids with her ex.. one born 2008, the other 2011... I'm sure you know what happened those years...

My boy was born on 2019... We fell 2 short of a gf that year when bunnies knocked us out ..
My daughter was born in June this year, and here we are, 1 game out from the gf playing the bunnies...

Either we win the whole lot ala her first 2 kids, or we get eliminated by the bunnies like her 3rd... I'ma be positive... 2021 title is coming home...

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This reminds of me of the time one of our player's contracts (Watmough?) was sent to someone overseas by accident.
If Parker is out bring in Jorge, he'll give them some hurry up :)
I remember that - it was Marty's contract sent to someone overseas by accident end of 2015 when he was coming to Manly.

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I thought Keppie was our best forward last week. He will be missed. Parker was solid but his absence won't be noticed as much as Keppies. I am really hoping that Keppie proves his fitness for the game. Suli could really do a number on Gagai, and unfortunately the opposite applies as well. Suli coming in has obvious advantages and disadvantages for us. Schuster is going to have to step up his defence, which unfortunately is going to impact on his attack. There could be a case for Lawton to start, and keep that edge solid in defence for the first 20 minutes. It's a tough one, but I am sure Des has it covered. Go Manly.
Suli will be against Graham, who is a better defender, but not as much a threat in attack.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So we get our inside Manly info now from Canada? Hey, why not!
This reminds of me of the time one of our player's contracts (Watmough?) was sent to someone overseas by accident.
If Parker is out bring in Jorge, he'll give them some hurry up :)

why not indeed?

We always tell the truth, and are cuddly!

As has been said, it was Taupau's contract and it was sent to a Canadian theatre critic (of all occupations.)

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Suli will be against Graham, who is a better defender, but not as much a threat in attack.
The match up on Graham is a good one for Suli, he will be a handful for their right edge.

Foz and Schuster will be a nightmare for Reynolds, Sua & Graham.

Suli and Garrick have played a fair bit of footy together on the right edge previously.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Waiting on the daughter. She’s been a bit crook. She keeps telling me to go, no matter what. I can’t go without my sidekick with me. So hoping she comes good in the next cpla days. Does anyone know if they’ve set a limit on attendance?
No attendance limit I’m aware of.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar

Why Manly can reach the grand final​

Andrew Johns

By Andrew Johns

September 23, 2021 — 5.00am

South Sydney v Manly

Manly’s edge defence last weekend against the Roosters was really poor, particularly on the right when Haumole Olakau’atu, Daly Cherry-Evans and Morgan Harper were defending together.

Their movements and decision-making were inconsistent: one would go in, another would go out; Cherry-Evans’ spacing with Olakau’atu was too tight, which then put pressure on Harper.
That’s the side Souths like to attack through Cody Walker and his gang. They’ll be coming for the Sea Eagles all night.
Souths’ forwards won them the game against Penrith in week one with fast-moving and aggressive defence.
It was led by the back row of Keaon Koloamatangi, Jaydn Su’A, Cameron Murray and then Jai Arrow when he came on the field, and it will again be critical against a Manly side that likes to use the ball.

The advantage for Souths is Adam Reynolds’ kicking game. In big matches, that is so important, although he offers more than just that.
He’s at the top of his game at the moment. Is sending him off with a premiership before he finishes his career with the Broncos added motivation for the Bunnies?
In terms of a winner, it’s very hard to split them. There will be a point or two in it and it will come down to a piece of individual brilliance from someone.
The two players I’m looking at are Walker and, of course, Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic, a special for the Dally M on Monday night.
The most important match-up for me is Turbo versus Murray in the middle. Even though Trbojevic is a fullback, he is most dangerous around the ruck, waiting for the slightest crack in the defence so he can take off.

Without doubt, Wayne Bennett will be saying to Murray, “This is your tackle”. As it always is. Murray does all that work around the ruck, cleaning up any missed tackles or half-opportunities.
JOEY’S TIP: Having the week off is a huge advantage for the Rabbitohs, but I have the Sea Eagles winning by one.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Waiting on the daughter. She’s been a bit crook. She keeps telling me to go, no matter what. I can’t go without my sidekick with me. So hoping she comes good in the next cpla days. Does anyone know if they’ve set a limit on attendance?

I hope your daughter gets well real soon.

I also believe the limit on attendance is: be there or be square!

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
Listening to the mob on NRL 360, they seem to think we are just making up the numbers this week and they have all picked against us. Most of these guys were also picking us to miss the top 8 so go figure. Des and the boys do not worry what anyone think of their chances, they will go out there and make their own chance and history. Good luck boys and “Go Manly !!!”

So, I said this 2 years ago and it's the same situation again..

My wife has 2 kids with her ex.. one born 2008, the other 2011... I'm sure you know what happened those years...

My boy was born on 2019... We fell 2 short of a gf that year when bunnies knocked us out ..
My daughter was born in June this year, and here we are, 1 game out from the gf playing the bunnies...

Either we win the whole lot ala her first 2 kids, or we get eliminated by the bunnies like her 3rd... I'ma be positive... 2021 title is coming home...
Can't your wife just have another baby with her ex?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hoping your daughter and Manly come good this weekend feathered friend

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader

Why Manly can reach the grand final​

Andrew Johns

By Andrew Johns

September 23, 2021 — 5.00am

South Sydney v Manly

Manly’s edge defence last weekend against the Roosters was really poor, particularly on the right when Haumole Olakau’atu, Daly Cherry-Evans and Morgan Harper were defending together.

Their movements and decision-making were inconsistent: one would go in, another would go out; Cherry-Evans’ spacing with Olakau’atu was too tight, which then put pressure on Harper.
That’s the side Souths like to attack through Cody Walker and his gang. They’ll be coming for the Sea Eagles all night.
Souths’ forwards won them the game against Penrith in week one with fast-moving and aggressive defence.
It was led by the back row of Keaon Koloamatangi, Jaydn Su’A, Cameron Murray and then Jai Arrow when he came on the field, and it will again be critical against a Manly side that likes to use the ball.

The advantage for Souths is Adam Reynolds’ kicking game. In big matches, that is so important, although he offers more than just that.
He’s at the top of his game at the moment. Is sending him off with a premiership before he finishes his career with the Broncos added motivation for the Bunnies?
In terms of a winner, it’s very hard to split them. There will be a point or two in it and it will come down to a piece of individual brilliance from someone.
The two players I’m looking at are Walker and, of course, Manly fullback Tom Trbojevic, a special for the Dally M on Monday night.
The most important match-up for me is Turbo versus Murray in the middle. Even though Trbojevic is a fullback, he is most dangerous around the ruck, waiting for the slightest crack in the defence so he can take off.

Without doubt, Wayne Bennett will be saying to Murray, “This is your tackle”. As it always is. Murray does all that work around the ruck, cleaning up any missed tackles or half-opportunities.
JOEY’S TIP: Having the week off is a huge advantage for the Rabbitohs, but I have the Sea Eagles winning by one.
Bizarre… this whole article talks about why Souths will win and then tips us. Haha

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Listening to the mob on NRL 360, they seem to think we are just making up the numbers this week and they have all picked against us. Most of these guys were also picking us to miss the top 8 so go figure. Des and the boys do not worry what anyone think of their chances, they will go out there and make their own chance and history. Good luck boys and “Go Manly !!!”

If we defend like we did against the Storm, we're definitely just making up the numbers.

Defence is what will win us this game as both teams can score at will.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16