SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
We lost alot of go fwd when Haas tired then was interchanged about the 30 Min mark. The fed lost it and unless some changes are made there they will struggle to get on top.

Nsw will go alright in Perth I reckon but Suncorp is a different bath altogether
Yeah but traditionally away games heavily favour QLD in support , why I don’t know

Bencher
Listening to Brandy trying to downplay Ola. What a tool. Saying he wasn't going to be picked to play. You're an idiot if you think that way and not surprised we lost game 1
Yep, what a smug fuk, think he said what was he in the side was he? Then answers his own question, “No, No he wasn’t“ and smirks like a smug knob.

Journey Man
Listening to Brandy trying to downplay Ola. What a tool. Saying he wasn't going to be picked to play. You're an idiot if you think that way and not surprised we lost game 1

Just came on to vent about this. How salty was Brandy, basically saying he was never going to be in the team..

Here's a question for literally everyone. If these two players were available, who are you acquiring:

Matterson or Olakau'atu?

Exactly ! So shut up Brandy you useless piece of crap. You're just dirty Haumole was patriotic to his place of heritage.

First Grader
Just came on to vent about this. How salty was Brandy, basically saying he was never going to be in the team..

Here's a question for literally everyone. If these two players were available, who are you acquiring:

Matterson or Olakau'atu?

Exactly ! So shut up Brandy you useless piece of crap. You're just dirty Haumole was patriotic to his place of heritage.
I completely agree re your point about choosing between Matto and Ola. However, that aside... how stupid and unaware do you have to be to carry on in the media in any way that could be perceived as smug or arrogant? I always thought highly of Brandy as a commentator, but he really lost some points with me today on that little display. Keep your mouth shut, stay humble and respectful... you know it will come back to bite him eventually.

First Grader
Premium Member
Surely none those Parra Princesses will not get picked again

Paulo
Matterson
RCG

Last edited:
Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
You would hope not, they were soft, the Dogs pack took it to them early, like we did last year and they folded under the heat, they folded last Wednesday, the whole blues pack is looking ordinary, thing is who comes in?
Maybe Brandy and Freddie can find a couple of Tongans who miss out on selection in the Tonga team @:D

Bencher
Freddy has made some big mistakes with his selections. How he didn’t pick JAC or turbo and show some loyalty is outrageous. Both had utter blinders this weekend. Both should be back in there for the second game - end of story.

Bencher
Premium Member
In this week's Northern Beaches Review, 'Inside Back's Adam Lucius writes:

"Jake responds in style
There are not too many players who could turn an axing into a positive. Manly's Jake Trbojevic - a perennial "glass half-full" type of bloke - is an exception to the rule.
He was inexplicably left out of the NSW squad for game one of the origin series but refused to stick pins into Brad Fittler voodoo dolls. Instead, "Jurbo" put his head down at Manly, leading the Sea Eagles in the absence of skipper Daly Cherry-Evans and turning in his two best games of the season.
He watched origin 1 from home, loudly cheering the Blues home and showing genuine disappointment when the Blues fell just short. Asked how he felt as origin unfolded without him, a typically upbeat Trbojevic told 'Inside Back': "Early it was disappointing but I've had two really enjoyable weeks of footy with Manly. It was a silver lining to lead this club and these great players. It's a great challenge and one I've enjoyed. I love playing for Manly."
Fittler is unlikely to leave the workaholic forward out of the side for the must-win game two in Perth on Sunday week."

It's only a game ....
I think some of these selections aren't eligible for the Blues :)
SOO 2.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
15 14 1 298 28
14 11 3 209 24
15 11 4 181 22
14 9 5 68 20
14 9 5 57 20
14 9 5 36 20
14 7 7 21 16
14 7 7 -72 16
15 7 8 29 14
15 7 8 -4 14