SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We lack a motivational on field leaders. Part of the problem may be not having belief in the systems being implemented by the coaching staff who knows. I still scratch my head at the number of poor options that we make during the game and then compound them with errors. This can be fixed but it takes concentration, discipline and for players to listen and do as they are told. I doubt Des is coaching players to race up out of the defensive line or to squeeze out suicide off loads within 30 meters of your line after tackling non stop after multiple repeat sets, or to cross kick within your own 22 metres etc. I am hard on Des and don't like what I'm seeing on the field but the players and the captain have to take ownership of their performances.

Alexander and the Blues are coming out with some excuses. I go for the Blues but they were simply beaten by a better side on the night. Alexander talking about forward passes and Yeo’s head knock and the scrum with Paulo, etc.

You can see Paulo was holding the QLD player as much as the QLD player was holding him. He broke slowly because he is cumbersome. He ran for 27m all night. I reckon that had a larger bearing on the result than the non-event at the scrum.

Also, coming out and saying Yeo wasn’t right after the knock...umm...why’d you leave him out there then? Just because the independent doctor didn’t mandate anything?! You are still allowed to make an interchange using discretionary judgement.

Fittler has problems for the next game and may make changes like A.Crichton or Koloamatangi for Sims and S. Crichton for Staggs. It would have been better to start with Paulo rather than RCG. Murray will start next game. Yeo & Cleary didn't play to their usual standard. This year the Blues have less attacking strike, so Cleary's kicking game has become more important. Fittler got it right with the selection of Wighton who had a huge game.
Fittlers problem is that which ever Blue Sleep he selects will get Slaughtered once again
By the Resurrected DCE and the Resilient and Relentless Maroons

News Break ......
Freddy to make team changes and bring in the next Blue Sheep to the Slaughter

1654824255581.png

The Maroon Marveling Moment of the Great Maroon Leader DCE Slaughtering the Blue sheep as he dives over untouched under the posts for a match winning try

QUEENSLANDER !!!

1654824879904.png

Alexander and the Blues are coming out with some excuses. I go for the Blues but they were simply beaten by a better side on the night. Alexander talking about forward passes and Yeo’s head knock and the scrum with Paulo, etc.

You can see Paulo was holding the QLD player as much as the QLD player was holding him. He broke slowly because he is cumbersome. He ran for 27m all night. I reckon that had a larger bearing on the result than the non-event at the scrum.

Also, coming out and saying Yeo wasn’t right after the knock...umm...why’d you leave him out there then? Just because the independent doctor didn’t mandate anything?! You are still allowed to make an interchange using discretionary judgement.
It would open up the proverbial can of worms...but if they kept Yeo on knowing he wasn't right then that's bad.

I get the temptation when its a big game..but surely Coaches/medical staff are better than that in 2022 about this type of stuff.

I thought DCE overall had a good game. His first half had some of the same issues that he shows at Manly, but overall a good captains knock.

It does highlight though that he wasn't the man to steer the side around the park, that was left to Munster mainly. MANLY need an organising half whilst DCE is still around

What Alexander revealed last night was mind boggling

The bunker was happy for Paulo to be held in, because Sims had gone early, so everything was evened up. If that’s the route they are going down it’s no wonder that the standard is so poor
I saw nothing wrong with the scrum break. If he was held back so be it, given the farce the scrum is these days with backs packing in at lock etc, allowing players to be held in the scrum would actually provide a little unpredictability with the locks and second rowers not able to break and run wider as they would have to cover the inside too.

I'm a blue but thought that was actually a well executed set play by qld

I saw nothing wrong with the scrum break. If he was held back so be it, given the farce the scrum is these days with backs packing in at lock etc, allowing players to be held in the scrum would actually provide a little unpredictability with the locks and second rowers not able to break and run wider as they would have to cover the inside too.

I'm a blue but thought that was actually a well executed set play by qld
I doubt it was a set play. I think he just saw a yawning gap and ran through it. Even if we were held in the scrum a little, so many of our players over chased thinking it was going wide and left a huge whole - including Teddy.

It would open up the proverbial can of worms...but if they kept Yeo on knowing he wasn't right then that's bad.

I get the temptation when its a big game..but surely Coaches/medical staff are better than that in 2022 about this type of stuff.
Yeo clearly wasn’t right, but that’s history now, QLD were just the better side and way hungrier.

6 point loss that could've easily gone either way. Queensland played close to their ceiling and NSW played below average. All this QLD were amazing and NSW were **** is an overreaction. This series will be a cracking contest that will come down to who wins more of the key moments, which QLD did on Wednesday. Just hope it's the players that make the difference and not the refs.

6 point loss that could've easily gone either way. Queensland played close to their ceiling and NSW played below average. All this QLD were amazing and NSW were **** is an overreaction. This series will be a cracking contest that will come down to who wins more of the key moments, which QLD did on Wednesday. Just hope it's the players that make the difference and not the refs.
Spot on NSW has far more upside. So still a strong chance of winning the series.

Agree. Best Qld performance I can remember in recent history. A freshness and honesty about it generated by their new coach who's like fresh air. Also an individual performance from Munster the defied belief. NSW not that far off but Fittler should concentrate on playing players in position first and foremost. Also lose Sims.

Come on everyone ( not on here generally speaking ) just acknowledge that on this occasion Queensland was just way way more enthusiastic and waaaaaaaaay better all round !

QLD 3-0

NSW are no longer good enough , especially in the forwards.

PS: and for those newbies I’m from NSW originally

Too arrogant to realise unfortunately.
His years of commentating have given him a false sense of footy. It’s like he’s looking to over analyse coaching, cause in commentating he’s there to analyse the game. In the end he over complicates the game.
Footy is simple. Yet Freddy runs a centre on the bench.

He is everything that’s wrong with origin for NSW.
They drop blokes like Jake and bring in guys like Crichton on the bench. The Panther connection with Brandy.

We end up losing the ruck and all of a sudden it’s like they were surprised by it. What do they expect?
And what do they do? Make excuses.
Fittler got the NSW gig on his reputation from his playing days. As a coach he's useless. His record as an NRL coach shows that. He thinks he's amazing & that smug arrogant look on his face when he commentates annoys me no end. NSW winning the previous few SOO was due the players at his disposal not his coaching, yet this year he thought he'd drop proven players & select his favorites.....useless pri<k. Oh & as for people saying he's an immortal in waiting lololol....immortal moron more like it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6