SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In this week's Northern Beaches Review, 'Inside Back's Adam Lucius writes:

"Jake responds in style
There are not too many players who could turn an axing into a positive. Manly's Jake Trbojevic - a perennial "glass half-full" type of bloke - is an exception to the rule.
He was inexplicably left out of the NSW squad for game one of the origin series but refused to stick pins into Brad Fittler voodoo dolls. Instead, "Jurbo" put his head down at Manly, leading the Sea Eagles in the absence of skipper Daly Cherry-Evans and turning in his two best games of the season.
He watched origin 1 from home, loudly cheering the Blues home and showing genuine disappointment when the Blues fell just short. Asked how he felt as origin unfolded without him, a typically upbeat Trbojevic told 'Inside Back': "Early it was disappointing but I've had two really enjoyable weeks of footy with Manly. It was a silver lining to lead this club and these great players. It's a great challenge and one I've enjoyed. I love playing for Manly."
Fittler is unlikely to leave the workaholic forward out of the side for the must-win game two in Perth on Sunday week."

I think some of these selections aren't eligible for the Blues :)
SOO 2.jpg

As well as Jake, it appears A. Crichton, Gutho & Talakai will be added to the squad (would be good if JAC is also recalled)

NSW need Api in the 14, maybe he should even start the game and use Cook of the bench, playing 2 9’s will make a huge improvement to the side and level the clear advantage Qld enjoyed by playing 2 9’s in game one.
And congratulations to Jake for forcing his way back in.

Love the competent journalism at News Limited:)

"Other reported moves include the return of Roosters forward Angus Crichton and Souths forward Jake Trbojevic, while Eels duo Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Ryan Matterson appear set to miss out."

I see Freddy and his NSW fellows are planning another Blue sheep to the Slaughter Squad

The Blue Sheep to the Slaughter Mark 2

See the source image

Surprised to see Jordan McLean in the squad. Don't know how Suaalli is retained over JAC (unless it's just a work experience gig). Appears Api & Radley will be considered for no. 14 role. Likely Talakai will be in the 17 somewhere as he can play in the backs or forwards. There are certainly a lot of options with this squad. Wighton unavailable and Staggs, Matterson, Sims, RGG & J. Saifiti dropped.

James Tedesco, capt. (Sydney Roosters)
Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers)
Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)
Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels)
Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)
Jake Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)
Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)
Jordan McLean (North Queensland Cowboys)
Joseph Suaalii (Sydney Roosters)
Junior Paulo (Parramatta Eels)
Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)
Matt Burton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
Nicho Hynes (Cronulla Sharks)
Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)
Siosifa Talakai (Cronulla Sharks)
Stephen Crichton (Penrith Panthers)
Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4