SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cleary looked off his game, needed to run the ball more as a surprise tactic. Came to life in the last 10min, NSW got nothing out of their centres. NSW can do a whole lot better, to only lose by 6 will give Fittler something to work with in 3 weeks time.

I also think Qld could have so easily iced the game with Ben Hunt's linebreak. He took the wrong option though and I am left wondering why he didn't pass to an unmarked Cherry on the inside (he'd have scored easily) and instead passed to a marked Holmes?? Was Hunt thinking he wasn't going to gift his main rival for the Qld #7 jumper a 2nd game try??

Whatever his reason for passing to Holmes instead, it gave NSW a chance. Sure it was a chance they didn't take, but only because the clock ran out.

I also think Qld could have so easily iced the game with Ben Hunt's linebreak. He took the wrong option though and I am left wondering why he didn't pass to an unmarked Cherry on the inside (he'd have scored easily) and instead passed to a marked Holmes?? Was Hunt thinking he wasn't going to gift his main rival for the Qld #7 jumper a 2nd game try??

Whatever his reason for passing to Holmes instead, it gave NSW a chance. Sure it was a chance they didn't take, but only because the clock ran out.
Thought the same, Hunts never got over DCE's taking his spot a while back.

Thought the same, Hunts never got over DCE's taking his spot a while back.

Its not the first time Hunt has done that to DCE in Origin. I can't remember the specific game or year, but I do recall other times when Hunt has been the Qld bench utility and has refused to pass the ball to Cherry when he would have scored easily.

The media say Hunt is in good form, but he's a standout in a club team that is mid-table at best. Even Kyle Flanagan would look good in that side where the halfback is the only decent spine player they have.

I think it was Yeo himself (the one tackled at the death) who said that all NSW needed to score was another 5-10 seconds. And he was right. Yeo gets to play the ball and they go left and there was definitely space to score. Hunt passes to DCE with 3 minutes left and Qld win by 12, not 6. Hunt's decision to again snub Cherry almost cost them the game itself.

Its not the first time Hunt has done that to DCE in Origin. I can't remember the specific game or year, but I do recall other times when Hunt has been the Qld bench utility and has refused to pass the ball to Cherry when he would have scored easily.

The media say Hunt is in good form, but he's a standout in a club team that is mid-table at best. Even Kyle Flanagan would look good in that side where the halfback is the only decent spine player they have.
His career has never gone to great heights, ever since he knocked the ball on from the kick off with less than 5min to go in the Cowboys v Broncs GF. Then JT kicking the winning field goal.

C’mon - the idea that Bunt didn’t pass to DCE out of malice is a stretch too far. It’s a split second decision where a number of variables need to be weighed up.

Mate, unfortunately its not the first time since Cherry took the Qld No.7 jumper from Hunt that when he's had the ball and Cherry was in a position to score, Hunt has then looked and passed the other way.

Mate, unfortunately its not the first time since Cherry took the Qld No.7 jumper from Hunt that when he's had the ball and Cherry was in a position to score, Hunt has then looked and passed the other way.
Yeah but I think imputing malice is a stretch. As the old saying goes, “never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

Qld doing Qld things. Can never out-passion them. Their defence all night was just amazing. Won them the game. NSW errors lost it for us. And after all this we were around a foot and a half short on that final tackle. Not the end of the world and yes they will win the series but yeh pretty good.

I cannot stand watching Hunt play with DCE, never gives DCE early ball when he is perfectly placed in the pocket to run a play, instead either goes to Munster or just a nothing short ball to a forward on the 4th. He then passes to DCE under pressure on the 5th for a kick.

He is useless.

Nathan Cleary has described NSW’s 16-10 loss in the opening State of Origin as a “reality check” and the “kick up the backside” he needed as the Blues prepare to win the series by triumphing in Perth and Brisbane.

Cleary, who is considered one of the best players in the NRL after steering Penrith to a premiership last season, had arguably his worst performance in a Blues jersey as Queensland halves Cameron Munster and Daly Cherry-Evans and hooker Harry Grant took control of Wednesday night’s game.

(totally doesn't need to go speak to the supplier of steroids as totally not on any like penrith in general...totally).

Anyway, I'm still bemused when players indicate they aren't fully switched on and need things like kicks in bums.

I remember Trent saying years ago after a loss that 'we just didn't turn up'.

Like how? No one knew when the game was on?

So well done Qld and "we will see" re game two.
I know right? Didn't turn up?? FFS how can you not get up for Origin?
Really annoys me that they he could feel so apathetic about it, like oh well we'll just turn up for game 2 & 3 then

I cannot stand watching Hunt play with DCE, never gives DCE early ball when he is perfectly placed in the pocket to run a play, instead either goes to Munster or just a nothing short ball to a forward on the 4th. He then passes to DCE under pressure on the 5th for a kick.

He is useless.
Yes yes yes.... thank you I've been saying that for a while. Hunt is a jealous prick and as long as DCE is around he'll never wear the number 7. DCE would've been untouched under the sticks had that million dollar flop passed to him but decided to go the other way and bombed a try. Better result anyway because I follow the blues, but still love watching the Manly boys scoring and playing well even if they are maroons. To Ben Hunt 🖕

You can't get into all of the players heads. You can work extremely hard to get the group ready and not get the result.

Recall that D C E and Hunt used to be serious rivals in school boy footy rep sides and in the various junior footy carnivals around C Q and N Q back in the day . Not saying that it would or could be a factor in any controversy with their on field interaction as team mates but who really knows .

Tongue-in-cheek tweet by @ellakasmar

tempFileForShare_20220609-221638.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8