SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I felt NSW lost it in the forwards and if we get better go forward we will beat QLD in game 2. Also having Crichton on the bench is a waste of a forward. We need another meter eating forward off the bench. I think we'll see some changes up front.

Harry Grant was outstanding and turned the momentum and then Munster did his thing.

NSW set a better platform in game 2 it'll be a world of difference.

Exactly right. Cotter made his tackles, held up that ruck defensively.

Ironic, that most were happy to have Jake left out of their NSW side until they realise that we need someone there that is able to focus specifically on tightening up the middle in defense.
NSW side is too "Sydney", too much tiktok, fancy hair, gang signs and arrogance. They need the ugly old battler tradie in there to do the hard unrewarding work.

Shocked myself a little last night. Started watching the game and found myself wanting Queensland to win. Thought about it and figured it was a real disdain for Fittler not staying loyal to Jake and JAC and also a real dislike of the Penrith players. The more I watched the more I was scooped up in the QLD heart, never say die, battle against the odds attitude.
Where is Budgewoi?
That's in Queensland!
Origin has never meant much to me compared to club footy but this is the first time I've crossed the border. Didn't feel too bad!
Might have to reassess if you start occasionally chanting Queenslander today though

N S W might have been down on overall team performance but that was a good QLD side available last night so win did not surprise me . Some quality QLD players in the extended squad so a bit of depth in the equation as well . The unpredictability but brilliance of Munster and Ponga might still give QLD the edge but pretty good resilience as well . N S W more then capable of coming back but may have their work cut out .

NSW bleating about Paulo held back in scrum on DCE's try. Really? We're now so far down the rabbit hole of scrums meaning nothing we think a prop forward is there for cover tackles?

You reckon NSW with Johnny Raper at lock is relying on prop Ken Kearney to stop DCE if they were in the NSW pack last night? FMD

What was the NSW back row doing to cover across? No one from QLD held them up. Where was DCE's opposing halfback Cleary?

In fact NSW backrower Sims broke so early from the scrum, he ran too far and left the gap for DCE!! So did Tesdesco at fullback.

Last edited:
NSW bleating about Paulo held back in scrum on DCE's try. Really? We're now so far down the rabbit hole of scrums meaning nothing we think a prop forward is there for cover tackles?

What was the NSW back row doing to cover across? No one from QLD held them up.

In fact NSW backrower Sims broke so early from the scrum, he ran too far and left the gap for DCE!! So did Tesdesco at fullback.

You reckon Johnny Raper is blaming Ken Kearney for the DCE try if they were in the NSW last night.
That was my initial reaction too. I had no problem with it. I thought the Ponga pass along the ground to Cobbo in the lead up to the first try was a few metres forward though …

I can see the NSW bleating causing another NRL kneejerk rule change so that games can't end like last night with the defenders slowing down the play the balls. Will probably say is not fulltime until the end of the set of six tackles, not the next tackle like it is now.

You reckon NSW with Johnny Raper at lock is relying on prop Ken Kearney to stop DCE if they were in the NSW pack last night? FMD

What was the NSW back row doing to cover across? No one from QLD held them up. Where was DCE's opposing halfback Cleary?

And seriously, who the hell could hold Paulo back if he wanted to be somewhere!

I'm not sure he's a myth...but he relies on the protection of his teammates to give him space to work in and the panthers have perfected the art of getting blockers in front of him
Panthers have also perfected the art of slowing the play the ball down and getting away with it like QLD did last night. It's just rediculous how much influence referees have on matches and it's the reason why people are turning off the game.

I can see the NSW bleating causing another NRL kneejerk rule change so that games can't end like last night with the defenders slowing down the play the balls. Will probably say is not fulltime until the end of the set of six tackles, not the next tackle like it is now.
Yep and you can guarantee that knee jerk reaction will somehow fu*k us over first.

QLD 3-0

Jake will help but we have to face facts , forwards win big games and theirs **** on ours.

Injuries might change things but if that team plays again in 2 weeks , she’s all over red rover.

Nathan Cleary has described NSW’s 16-10 loss in the opening State of Origin as a “reality check” and the “kick up the backside” he needed as the Blues prepare to win the series by triumphing in Perth and Brisbane.

Cleary, who is considered one of the best players in the NRL after steering Penrith to a premiership last season, had arguably his worst performance in a Blues jersey as Queensland halves Cameron Munster and Daly Cherry-Evans and hooker Harry Grant took control of Wednesday night’s game.

(totally doesn't need to go speak to the supplier of steroids as totally not on any like penrith in general...totally).

Anyway, I'm still bemused when players indicate they aren't fully switched on and need things like kicks in bums.

I remember Trent saying years ago after a loss that 'we just didn't turn up'.

Like how? No one knew when the game was on?

So well done Qld and "we will see" re game two.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8