SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
100 percent agree. Jake is origin every day of the week. Ludicrous not to select him in the squad.
Garrick is also a very good player. Must be close
I agree with you Jen that it is ludicrous that NSW left Jake out

The only way to protest against this is to support the DCE Queensland team

Let us all put our hands together for DCE and the Mighty Maroons !!!

1654394555078.png

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Throwing this out there. Don't know why Garrick isn't considered for SOO. I think after watching last night (and before), he's actually gone from a fill-in fullback to an ACTUAL fullback option for a team.

He'd be great on the wing for The Blues. Could kick goals. The occassions don't seem to affect him. He's really consistent.

Anyways, just my thoughts. I'd have him in there over Blind Freddie's buddy Tupou. Did Tupou score the world record of points last season ? Surely that accounts for something.

Lastly, Jake was outstanding last night. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Blind Freddy. If NSW are carved up through the middles, and they tangibly miss Jake's defensive glue, that's all on the coach and selectors. They've gone for offense, but The Blues never struggle to score. We struggle to prevent points, just saying.
Sandwich and Alex Johnston should be ahead of Topou if you’re going for points + consistency but Blind Freddy is responding to Boots First Billy’s wing selection which I think is lame

Ryan

Journey Man
Can we carry 5 props into next game. No Lawton and an injury hit Walker. Aloiai and Sipley start with Taupau, Keppie , Paseka, Segeyaro on the bench ??

Walker was okay to come back into the game last night mate, but we held him back. Why no Lawton? He should have got more game time in my view.

I'd go with exactly the same team (barring injury). Reward the boys for playing possibly the best 80 minutes of the season - and that includes Harper, Croker & everyone else who played.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Walker was okay to come back into the game last night mate, but we held him back. Why no Lawton? He should have got more game time in my view.

I'd go with exactly the same team (barring injury). Reward the boys for playing possibly the best 80 minutes of the season - and that includes Harper, Croker & everyone else who played.
Lawton gone with an ACL. Walker seriously hasn't lasted more than 20 minutes in last month.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Lets get this straight feathered friends ......

No Tom and No Jake

Our only pride and Joy in the SOO arena is our Magnificent Manly Captain and Maroon Captain DCE

Lets Cheer for our Captain

Lets Cheer for the Maroons

QUEENSLANDER !!!

View attachment 21283
Wish DCE all the best in a losing side on Wed night, Manly is a NSW side Bozo, having only one Manly Rep player, and in the Qld side is no reason to change my allegiances from Blue to Maroon.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Wish DCE all the best in a losing side on Wed night, Manly is a NSW side Bozo, having only one Manly Rep player, and in the Qld side is no reason to change my allegiances from Blue to Maroon.
Thank you for your kind sentiment feathered friend and wishing DCE all the very best on Wed night as he is also our Manly Maroon fearless leader as well

Manly may be in NSW but Manly does not have NSW colours but does have the QLD Maroon Resilient winning spirit

I am not sure How you can remain loyal to the blues who were unfaithful and disloyal to our favourite son Jake

If you still insist to remain a NSW blue I will have no pity for you when you become sad and blue after the Great DCE Leads the mighty Maroons to another victory

1654408406842.png

Eagle 1

First Grader
Thank you for your kind sentiment feathered friend and wishing DCE all the very best on Wed night as he is also our Manly Maroon fearless leader as well

Manly may be in NSW but Manly does not have NSW colours but does have the QLD Maroon Resilient winning spirit

I am not sure How you can remain loyal to the blues who were unfaithful and disloyal to our favourite son Jake

If you still insist to remain a NSW blue I will have no pity for you when you become sad and blue after the Great DCE Leads the mighty Maroons to another victory

View attachment 21292
If it gets tight and Qld need a field goal, then DCE will undoubtedly come into his own. When you've been brought up from an early age supporting the Blues, not sure anybody can all of a sudden decide to change horses just like that. League is so tribal, you are either Blue or Maroon, no one ever changes.

Mal Cochrane

I'm not really Mal Cochrane...
Lets get this straight feathered friends ......

No Tom and No Jake

Our only pride and Joy in the SOO arena is our Magnificent Manly Captain and Maroon Captain DCE

Lets Cheer for our Captain

Lets Cheer for the Maroons

QUEENSLANDER !!!

View attachment 21283
As a kid in the 80's, i used to follow Qld just because manly players were stacked in that team.
Dave Brown
Paul McCabe
Paul Vautin
Dale Shearer
Kerry Boustead
John Ribot
Chris Close......missed anyone?

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
Can we carry 5 props into next game. No Lawton and an injury hit Walker. Aloiai and Sipley start with Taupau, Keppie , Paseka, Segeyaro on the bench ??
Is Segayaro playing well enough to be considered?

If Walker and Lawton are both out (Lawton certainly out), then have Aloiai and Sipley start as per last night.

Bench may be Tapau, Keppie, Paseka and Bullemor. I know that's a big forward rotation, but in terms of first-grade experience and form (apparently Paseka and Bullemor killed it for Blacktown), it may work. My only concern would be lack of cover for backs/halves/hooker. Bullemor is fast enough for a back, perhaps lacking the lateral movement / step of a back.

I would certainly be expecting absolute ownership of the middle third with that lot though - might make it easier for our backs. Worked for Parra against us a few weeks ago (hate to say it).

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Is Segayaro playing well enough to be considered?

If Walker and Lawton are both out (Lawton certainly out), then have Aloiai and Sipley start as per last night.

Bench may be Tapau, Keppie, Paseka and Bullemor. I know that's a big forward rotation, but in terms of first-grade experience and form (apparently Paseka and Bullemor killed it for Blacktown), it may work. My only concern would be lack of cover for backs/halves/hooker. Bullemor is fast enough for a back, perhaps lacking the lateral movement / step of a back.

I would certainly be expecting absolute ownership of the middle third with that lot though - might make it easier for our backs. Worked for Parra against us a few weeks ago (hate to say it).
Maybe Paseka and Weekes come in.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If it gets tight and Qld need a field goal, then DCE will undoubtedly come into his own. When you've been brought up from an early age supporting the Blues, not sure anybody can all of a sudden decide to change horses just like that. League is so tribal, you are either Blue or Maroon, no one ever changes.
You can be Born again feathered friend

It is never to late to be born again and become a Maroon for Manly and for QLD

The Great DCE will kick arse and also kick the winning field goal i agree

QUEENSLANDER !!!
Our unrivalled Maroon spirit will once again prevail !

1654456880907.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
As a kid in the 80's, i used to follow Qld just because manly players were stacked in that team.
Dave Brown
Paul McCabe
Paul Vautin
Dale Shearer
Kerry Boustead
John Ribot
Chris Close......missed anyone?
These are the other Manly Players that poured their Maroon Manly passion into their Maroon QLD Jersey .
All Manly players that represented the Maroons were part of a Donimating series QLD team

DCE
Bruce walker
Danney Moore
Owen Cunningham
Neil Tierney
Steven Bell
Matt Ballin

Magnificence and Maroon stands for Manly .
There is nothing Blue about Manly
Our legendary Clubs proud history has always been entrenched in Maroon

The Manly club adopted maroon and white as its district colours and chose a Sea Eagle as its emblem in recognition of the bird of prey along the Sydney coastline.

“Maroon and white have always been the district’s colours, President’s Cup, and representative teams wore maroon with a white V from the beginning in the 1930s,’’ said club elder Jack Martin.

“It was the same colours as junior club, Freshwater, but that wasn’t the overriding factor in the 1947 choice and they became the automatic colours when Manly came into the district competition."

1654457880165.png

Last edited:

Eagle 1

First Grader
You can be Born again feathered friend

It is never to late to be born again and become a Maroon for Manly and for QLD

The Great DCE will kick arse and also kick the winning field goal i agree

QUEENSLANDER !!!
Our unrivalled Maroon spirit will once again prevail !

View attachment 21300
I like your passion Bozo, but I'm a Blue's supporter through and through. Being a Qld supporter is like being a Broncos fan...no thanks !!

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 7 8 -47 18