SOO, Jake, DCE, general discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate, I’d love it if Qld did run that side out !!

Walsh has been ordinary in an ordinary team this year, hasn’t scored a try as yet

Ponga has been big average, and would be out of position in a spot he couldn’t nail at NRL level

Munster can’t steer a ship, he is a running 5/8, the Storm got clogged twice as soon as Hughes wasn’t there beside him

Wouldn’t have a rep team looking for the future, you pick your best side available to win the series, they aren’t something you just give away

Steve Kearney did that with the Kiwis back in I’ll say 2014 when they went to England and they were set back for years. He left Benji Marshall at home to play Peta Hiku and Tui Lolohea in the halves and they got flogged 3-0

Brimson is barely a first grader most weeks.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Joey is not involved Brandy is. How Wighton gets to start is unbelievable I wouldn't even let him drive the team bus.

Joey and Buderus pick the side (or have major input), no question. Frizelle and Siafiti dont get picked if they have no input and JAC omission confirms

Wighton was enormous yesterday - not that yesterday had anything to do with selections. I like him when he is on.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Two things,

One, people seem keen to attack Jake but I think our coaching and stucture need to take a lot of the blame here.

The 80 minutes, link man tackle bot role aint doing him and favours.

Two, people are awfully quick to turn on Jake and Turbo and thats grand, each to their own opinion or right to blow off steam. That said, I aint taking any moaning about loyalty if any of our players up sticks and take a better offer and any stage.
You cant demand loyalty from players then bin them like a used tissue.

Look out for yourselves cause a bunch of the fans don't have your back

Last edited:

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Sorry mate…..disagree on Suaalii. Hasn’t done anything better than most other centre / wingers. Overrated for mine & nowhere near the talent of Selwyn Cobbo.
Agree. He came in and caught Kikau as he was attempting to catch the ball and his shoulder hit the ball and it came out. Ennis and co. Starting banging on about what a giant hit it was hahaha.

You can see he’ll be a great player, because of his physical attributes but as usual, the commentators go completely over the top. He’s been nothing more than solid. In fact, he’s made a few defensive errors. He also couldn't catch Mulitalo so not sure he is lightening fast like Cobbo.

Last edited:

Rafferty

Mug punter
Joey and Buderus pick the side (or have major input), no question. Frizelle and Siafiti dont get picked if they have no input and JAC omission confirms

Wighton was enormous yesterday - not that yesterday had anything to do with selections. I like him when he is on.
Wighton was enormous yesterday and is made for the origin contest, he would be my 14 before Nicho.

double hoops

First Grader
Gee I knew Jake didn't get selected. But only Just seen this year it's a squad of 22 with the covid back ups. Wow so he didn't just miss out, he couldn't even make the very extended bench.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Rugby League Shot GIF by NRL

manly al

First Grader
would have to be naturally disappointed but just too dedicated and competitive a footy player to drop his bundle and not still put in his all for Manly . Maybe the time soon for him to just revert to a prop role , not ideal to have him off the field for any extended period with his big motor and critical defensive role but best effective role as a 13 for Manly again could be reaching its limit for him . Don :t think that he has lost anything with his footy ability, just seem to need a bit more from a 13 role then Jake currently provides and for a while now with the present player and team make up . Bonus to have him still available for club commitments but helpful also to have another 13 option for not too much further down the track .

Son of Manly Beach

Reserve Grader
Two things,

One, people seem keen to attack Jake but I think our coaching and stucture need to take a lot of the blame here.

The 80 minutes, link man tackle bot role aint doing him and favours.

Two, people are awfully quick to turn on Jake and Turbo and thats grand, each to their own opinion or right to blow off steam. That said, I aint taking any moaning about loyalty if any of our players up sticks and take a better offer and any stage.
You cant demand loyalty from players then bin them like a used tissue.

Look out for yourselves cause a bunch of the fans don't have your back
Fair enough. Good statement.
I certainly don’t wanna see either Turbo or Jurbo go anywhere else. That’d hurt, they’re Manly boys. And great guys. Just not playing anywhere near their best this year and they seem to be losing their mojo fast.

I’d like to see what a more modern coach could do for them

Bomb Voyage

Reserve Grader
Let’s hope Jake not making SoO is the first of many pennies to drop for this team. DCE missing out too would have been better but this will do.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol players like safiti,frizell,sims, sualli???

They are in good form and or from form teams? That'll do me!!
Yeah ok @Kalvin @The Insomniac @bob dylan you were all right. I never expected Saifiti, Frizell, Sims from teams outside the 8 and randomly Sualli to be picked. Yet leaves out seasoned players JAC and Jake. I thought Freddie would favour in-form players from in-form teams but how wrong I was. He's lost the plot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18