• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back to 2004. Snake's second? NRL game a Brookie. Go to 7miins30secs in this tape. What a Snake speed try.

I went to that match back in the day. Flew to Sydney to visit some friends. Took my 10 year old daughter to her first Brookie match. Sat right in the middle of the hill. It was the 'Bash Noddy" match. Some hardcore hill resident called that out every time he had the ball.@:D Daughter still remembers that line and she became a life long Manly Supporter that day.
As for Snake, what brilliant speed and sense of placement. And you forget how small he was. Nothing much of him really. Hoppa Sr love him or hate him, what a beast on the field. And the great Beaver, what a player.
We have had such champions at this club.
Go Manly!

From our friend The Mole:

BRETT STEWART RETURNS TO MANLY

Des Hasler is set to sign Manly legend Brett Stewart onto his staff is another move to bring the passion and tradition back to the club.

Stewart played his best football under Hasler in the 2000s and is regarded as arguably the club’s greatest ever fullback.

The Sea Eagles’ record tryscorer, Stewart’s role will be to coach the back five - and mainly brilliant young fullback Tom Trbojevic.

Trbojevic is ranked among the game’s best fullbacks and will only get better under Stewart’s guidance.

Hasler is working hard to bring the old traditional values back to Manly.

Former stars Noel Cleal (recruitment), Michael Monagahan (pathways coach) and Matt Ballin (Jersey Flegg coach) are all back on board, as well as respected trainer Don Singe.

The Sea Eagles’ record tryscorer, Stewart’s role will be to coach the back five - and mainly brilliant young fullback Tom Trbojevic.
That’s what Silvertails has been saying for years!!
I would love to know what went down at the end of the 2016 season when all of a sudden Snake and Matai were nowhere to be seen even though contracted in 2017. Our young guys needed their expierience around the club even if they couldn’t play, Turbo especially.
So great to see Snake back!

From our friend The Mole:

BRETT STEWART RETURNS TO MANLY

Des Hasler is set to sign Manly legend Brett Stewart onto his staff is another move to bring the passion and tradition back to the club.

Stewart played his best football under Hasler in the 2000s and is regarded as arguably the club’s greatest ever fullback.

Trbojevic is ranked among the game’s best fullbacks and will only get better under Stewart’s guidance.

Hasler is working hard to bring the old traditional values back to Manly.

Former stars Noel Cleal (recruitment), Michael Monagahan (pathways coach) and Matt Ballin (Jersey Flegg coach) are all back on board, as well as respected trainer Don Singe.
The Mole is a bit slow on this one - Silvertails got the scoop a couple of weeks ago....

Back to 2004. Snake's second? NRL game a Brookie. Go to 7miins30secs in this tape. What a Snake speed try.

I loved that team we had. Even though they lost quite a few they always put in, and always showed attacking flair. You could tell they were on the up. Contrast their efforts with barrette’s Manly.

Don’t know if relevant to this thread or whether it has been mentioned elsewhere but Killer is making a comeback as captain/coach of Ballina. With some experience maybe he will come back to coach us one day

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2