• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That’s what Silvertails has been saying for years!!
I would love to know what went down at the end of the 2016 season when all of a sudden Snake and Matai were nowhere to be seen even though contracted in 2017. Our young guys needed their expierience around the club even if they couldn’t play, Turbo especially.
So great to see Snake back!
from what i hear trent didn't want them around

From the DT

Brett Stewart returns to Brookie as Hasler’s rebuild continues
In a move sure to delight Manly fans, former Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart has returned to the club in an ambassadorial and mentoring role.

“It’s great to be back at the place I love,” Stewart told The Daily Telegraph.

“I’m excited and pumped for the challenge and grateful for the opportunity.”

He will guide young Sea Eagles players – including his former star protégé Tom Trbojevic – and work with sponsors on game days.

a9c951b102caa8d787d4d00c01a92634

Brett Stewart returns to Manly in a mentoring role. Picture: Brett Costello
In a brilliant 14-year career with Manly, Stewart scored 163 tries, 87 of those at his beloved Brookvale, where he played 98 games.

Stewart’s appointment continues coach Des Hasler’s push for Manly to return to the club’s past traditions.

Former Sea Eagles players Michael Monaghan (pathways coach), Noel Cleal (head of recruitment) and Matt Ballin (under-20s) have also returned.

Brett Stewart scored 97 tries in 98 games at Brookvale.
Ballin will be involved in the club’s education and wellbeing team.

Don Singe has also been lured back as strength and conditioning coach.

Stewart has returned to live in Sydney after spending much of the past two years running his restaurant, Toko San, in Melbourne.

Ballin is excited about his return to the club.

“I’ve been lucky enough to have played for the club and now I’m coaching as well,” Ballin said.

8af75d42d414de515b750288efe75871

Brett Stewart is farewelled by the Manly faithful at Brookie. Picture: Phil Hillyard
With former coach Trent Barrett on ‘gardening leave’, the drama and headlines are finally drying up Brookvale.

Despite this, the Sea Eagles are friendless in betting, with the TAB Manly $34 premiership chances, equal second last only in front of Gold Coast ($51). They are $5 with to ‘win’ the wooden spoon.

This is great news, and highlights the fallout he must have had with certain factions in the club who, I presume, are no longer there.
Names, anyone?

I hope everyone is in a better place now. I'm happy to have him back at Manly so I guess all is well. Brett may have not been in the right head space due to some issues as it seemed he didn't get on with dce (so hopefully that's all good) and he seemed not to be concerned with helping out Tom.

Now I just say it seemed that way, it's an opinion and others may know if it's codswallop - which would be good.

lol - maybe a third party payment never came through so Manly are getting him that cash through employment! - just kidding!

On that note
lol - maybe a third party payment never came through so Manly are getting him that cash through employment! - just kidding!
On that point what ever stopped a club getting around the cap by 'employing' a player to a highly inflated coaching or support position after retiring? Obviously that's very difficult now with the cap on backroom staff but did a club have to report spending on support staff in the past?
Good way to really really back end a contract.

Unfortunately disputes develop even among the closest of kin. Generally they blow over with age and I hope this happens between the present and past stars of the Manly side. Nobody always acts the way others would want and in fact conflict often comes about because we are strong enough to stand by what we believe. No wimps here. But there is a time to let old conflict die and remember that these players all put in for their team, their supporters and of course for themselves. They are family. So it would be great to see Watmough, Kennedy, Brett Stewart, Glen Stewart, DCE, Foran, Tooves, Kite, Lyons, Lyon, Buhrer, Gutho, A. Hoppa, Hasler even Fulton etc bury the hatchet and remember what they share, not what they momentarily had a dispute over. Bring the champions back.

Last edited:
That’s what Silvertails has been saying for years!!
I would love to know what went down at the end of the 2016 season when all of a sudden Snake and Matai were nowhere to be seen even though contracted in 2017. Our young guys needed their expierience around the club even if they couldn’t play, Turbo especially.
So great to see Snake back!

If I am right, I don't think Barrett would be high on Snake's Christmas card list. Brett still felt he had more to give, but Barrett believed he was done and his last game was against the Cows in Townsville in Rd.16 of 2016. And it was a bit of a late decision to drop him because in our next game against St Merge at Brookie, Tom played fullback in the #3 jumper.

Unlike with Barrett though, Turbo and Snake never had a falling out. Brett was mentoring Tom because he knew that he would eventually have to pass the baton so to speak, and Turbo looked up to him. And while Tom did benefit in a way because it gave him his chance at fullback, truth be told he probably would have been just as happy staying on the wing or in the centres for the duration of the season with Snake at the back.

After the career he had with Manly, Snake did not deserve to go out like he did, basically being dropped by a rookie coach and being told his career was done. At the very least he deserved one last game at Brookvale in front of the fans who had supported him through thick and thin. I'm glad he came back for that lap of honour last year, but he deserved to do that lap at the end of his last game at the ground that he ruled for 14 years.

In a lot of ways, Turbo has been lucky because so far in his career he has really been under the wing of not only the two best fullbacks of their era by a LONG way, but arguably two of the greatest ever. He had Snake when he first started in first grade at Manly, and appears will have him again, while he also learned from Billy Slater when he made it into last years World Cup squad (despite what we might think about Slater and his grub tactics at times, he was a great fullback).

Last edited:
Unfortunately disputes develop even among the closest of kin. Generally they blow over with age and I hope this happens between the present and past stars of the Manly side. Nobody always acts the way others would want and in fact conflict often comes about because we are strong enough to stand by what we believe. No wimps here. But there is a time to let old conflict die and remember that these players all put in for their team, their supporters and of course for themselves. They are family. So it would be great to see Watmough, Kennedy, Brett Stewart, Glen Stewart, DCE, Foran, Tooves, Kite, Lyons, Lyon, Buhrer, Gutho, A. Hoppa, Hasler even Fulton etc bury the hatchet and remember what they share, not what they momentarily had a dispute over. Bring the champions back.
Watmough would need to grow up first, his comments about Manly since he left leave a lot to be desired -at least all the others show class.

I think the biggest compliment that was ever given to Snake and his value to Manly was that throughout his career, a big red line was put through Manly's chances if he wasn't playing.

The general thought was no Brett Stewart, forget Manly.

We could have a full strength side.....but if Snake was out injured our chances of winning were considered much less than normal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8