Snake back to training tomorrow???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Brett Stewart retirement will be announced in the next week . Steve Matai is training and at 80% and very hopeful of playing, but is a few weeks behind the other players for obvious reasons.

Source?

...if true its great news .... maybe just a troll?
Brad is not a troll, but that doesn't mean his info is reliable.
A fit Matai instantly makes the whole team a bit more intimidating. However I won't get my hopes up, it's hard to imagine he's been training and none of the news hounds have got wind of it.

He might not be a troll ... but unsubstantiated comments can be trolls ... just to get people worked up ... not saying this is the case ... but where did he get this scoop?

He might not be a troll ... but unsubstantiated comments can be trolls ... just to get people worked up ... not saying this is the case ... but where did he get this scoop?
A fit Matai instantly makes the whole team a bit more intimidating. However I won't get my hopes up, it's hard to imagine he's been training and none of the news hounds have got wind of it.

from memory his mail has been good in the past.

?
1) Turbo
2) Tafua
3) Matai
4) Walker
5) Uate

Just hope if Matai is in that he's 100% in.
And not in and out all year not allowing combinations to be formed.

Guess we'll have to wait another year to see Kelly unless injuries occur?

Like Tom Wright, if Kelly is good enough, he will be playing first grade by years end. Injuries will create openings or one of those two will grab one of the wing spots until the centre position becomes available. Both Wright and Kelly have potentially more to offer on the wing than Taufua and Uate at this stage. But it probably wont be until mid year or later that the transition will occur permanently

Like Tom Wright, if Kelly is good enough, he will be playing first grade by years end. Injuries will create openings or one of those two will grab one of the wing spots until the centre position becomes available. Both Wright and Kelly have potentially more to offer on the wing than Taufua and Uate at this stage. But it probably wont be until mid year or later that the transition will occur permanently

hopefully Parker & Schuster will be in the running for injury replacements too

from memory his mail has been good in the past.
maybe but until substantiated such snippets are just rumour ... and therefore sources should be quoted ... as has been stated many times on this board

If i told you who this information came from it would blow ur mind , but i wont say unless and if it comes to fact . Im only telling what i heard and i hope this works out . Take it easy.

Brett Stewart retirement will be announced in the next week . Steve Matai is training and at 80% and very hopeful of playing, but is a few weeks behind the other players for obvious reasons.

Ok Brad you give me a dislike for questioning if you have a source for the great news you posted .... its a fair question I would have thought ...

just asking because Mr Google was no help in confirming or denying .... if true its great news .... maybe just a troll?
I don't believe anything unless its in Zorba's column ;)
And then we know it's the opposite to what he says! @:D

I'm seriously worried about any future column telling us, '...team harmony has never been higher...the board has full confidence in Barrett...Myles has been training the house down and has never looked better!'

Good to see you back @brad.

Hope the country music hasn't fried your brain ;)

Even though Snakes retirement would be disappointing, it would be good for fans to get some closure on our club legends future.

Agree with others on here, a fit Matai in that back line changes so much. If Uate actually pulls his finger out, and that's a big if, then we could have a very dangerous backline. Uate, Taufua, and Matai being responsible for the first two scoots out of dummy half coming off of a kick, then 3 big forwards rolling us forward.

Agree with others on here, a fit Matai in that back line changes so much. If Uate actually pulls his finger out, and that's a big if, then we could have a very dangerous backline. Uate, Taufua, and Matai being responsible for the first two scoots out of dummy half coming off of a kick, then 3 big forwards rolling us forward.
Definately a back 3 to bend the line and play the ball Newwy....but I miss another attacking option rarely used.....and when executed well....the reward is far greater than the risk.....Players re-form quickly with 4-5 players basically using quick hands, to get OUTSIDE that compressed 10 metres of players shooting up and in.....love this play used sparingly - in fact enjoy unpredictable play that can't be coached against.....like putting the kick behind to scare outside backs to stay back - the early shift in general, can add defensive doubt and stretch the defensive line to allow far more latitude up the middle, which of coarse leads to extra space out wide.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8