Slightly better

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The roosters are LAST and they played like total wooden spooners. I'm happy we won, but not impressed with the way we played.

nita link said:
The roosters are LAST and they played like total wooden spooners. . .

While we cleverly played like a team in the bottom part of the 8.

We have to stay in character at this stage or risk blowing our cover. Next week is tricky, to win without being overly impressive will be a good test for Des, but there will be so much happening in other games I am confident we can stay mostly under the radar.

A win is a win, but after our sloppy, lazy performance after the Knights I made the point we should not get carried away and that there were significant signs for concern - played out over the next fortnight where we dropped two games we should have been morals to win.

Thankfully the quality of the competition in general is poor so it won;t take much for the team to lift to be competitive, but they will still need to lift on what we saw against the Roosters.

As I said earlier in this thread, I think we will beat the Storm, but it may be a pre-cursor to the first week of the finals where we will meet them at the same venue.  They will have Inglis back and we will have Stewart back.  I'd suggest we can't afford to lose in week one as there could be a smokey in 7th or 8th capable of a win and dumping the loser of 3v6 or 4v5 out.

Duval61 link said:
Guys,

Thanks for the welcome to your Forum once again!!!
No seriously the point I was trying to make as a supporter of just under 40 years of Manly  (not quite as old as Mark from Brisbane) was a win is a win, does not have to be pretty but a win just the same. I was trying to support the comment Mark from Brisbane was making, not attack you guys.
So enjoy the bumpy road to the finals & let's see how it pans out, you may be surprised!!  :D
That's what's great about this forum duval61 we can scream & swear at each other without having to worry about the forum closing down.

vidmar link said:
Dont you hate that.......?

I guess that bloke "dont care" either.  .

Actually the best part about the night aside from the game I rech=kon there would have been more Manly fans their than chooks!

True Wheel...he probably didn't (some people are so uncaring...)

Yes, a goodly number of Eagles fans there...I posted on MWSE that the first thing the team would have seen as they ran out was this unruly mass of maroon and white making a hell of a lot of noise and I swear you could see them visibly lift.

I must admit I felt really sorry for the young Roosters fan that was sitting with his parents (Manly fans) a few rows up from us in the Manly bay ...he'd have been about 4 or 5 and kitted out with all his Roosters gear and was in tears at seeing his team losing and being surrounded by the deliriously happy Manly fans.

Your daughter on the other hand was having a ball by the looks of it?

By the way...keep an eye on George when the players come over to applaud the away support...he always does the "push it up" hand signals in recognition of Kel and Jake's "Push it Up Manly" banner....classic! 

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=181370.msg236992#msg236992 date=1250402053]
Dont you hate that.......?

I guess that bloke "dont care" either.  .

Actually the best part about the night aside from the game I rech=kon there would have been more Manly fans their than chooks!
[/quote]

But the sad thing was there were only 9800 odd there at all in total

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181370.msg237069#msg237069 date=1250473098]
I must dust off the Silvertails banner that looked so good on the big screen in last year's GF.

and the DVD
[/quote]Is it on the DVD?  It didn't seem to make the Ch 9 broadcast, but after one of the late tries it was given a lingering 10 seconds on the screens at the ground. 

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4