Slightly better

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Still sloppy in places, not lazy at all but in the main we were playing a team that goes beyond rubbish so the best thing to take away from it is the +32 point differential that will hopefully be enough to keep us ahead of the Tigers.

We would not win many finals games on that form, but perhaps it blows out a few cobwebs and the best thing O saw all night was Bullet's pace off the mark at training this week.

Now for the rest of the weekend we want to see plenty of injuries.  I'd love to see Soward and 3 Storm players do their ACL.

Not getting excited over the win but it was good to see more discipline from them.  If we can built on that over the next 3 weeks we should take alot of confidence into the finals.  

I thought it was a great performance. Yeah the Roosters suck but the intensity was back and we looked a lot better in attack. It'll be interesting to see how we go against the Storm next week, but if we complete sets like we did in the first half we'll give them a shake. Much improved performance and I didn't think it was sloppy at all.

I reckon our attack was still awful.  The playmakers are still crabbing across field and our tries came from their errors, kicks and Kingy's effort.  Against a committed finals side we'd have been lucky to hit double figures. 

Kingy looking great, Perry much better, Kite can't beat anyone nor his passing, very average past year, glenn had a blinder and robbo except for defence was good.

I could not help but laugh when Kenny Dowell scored that try after DSM5 bagged him as being one of the worst in the comp. He is definately a hot and cold player.  

They do still crab but not all the time. I don't mind playmakers crab, as long as we have runners and decoys putting the opposition in two minds. We had that tonight and that hasn't happened for a long time.

We did have a lot of luck with some of our tries though.

Garts link said:
Anyone think King was great tonight? I thought he played quite well. 

Yes, I haven't checked any stats, but it looked like he made some good hitups and metres.

Garts link said:
Anyone think King was great tonight? I thought he played quite well. 

We don't need Brett Stewart back as we have another try scoring machine - kingy.  Two tries in two games. 

great performance considering the last few..  Lyon controlled the game.. perfect way Orford should play... sit back a bit more and inflict yourself when you can.. the more he dominates the worse we go.. it was like the GF last year.. Lyon ran the show did all the long kicking..

Ho Hum....

They should have put them to the sword....

Very complacent...No idea about the differential

Sandwiches were very ordinary

Sloppy in parts and those that were there were not real supporters

Maybe next week....?

Not really a game you can prove a lot in. Anything less than a flogging is a poor effort against that rabble. But we did that and so a game a good win well done, and lets keep the performances improving every week.

vidmar link said:
Ho Hum....

They should have put them to the sword....

Very complacent...No idea about the differential

Sandwiches were very ordinary

Sloppy in parts and those that were there were not real supporters

Maybe next week....?

I feel a bit of sarcasm in this post LOL

Hey BE
The voice of reason?
Sarcasm?
Me?
Oh nooooooooooo!

Can't wait for the reality of Foxtel critics to spoil what has been a very ordinary night...

Oh well...I had fun..

But Fittler was still furious at the limp performance as his men constantly coughed up possession trying to produce the money plays in their own half.

"They were just too good. I don't think they even looked that great but the (points) just kept ticking over," said Fittler.

---------------

It's a work in progress with a long way to go.... The roosters are really ordinary but you can go off prematurely if you want, I’m sure your used to the disappointment of doing that regularly.

I'm looking forward to watching the Sunshine Eagles tomorrow Vs the Burleigh bears.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8