Slater Knob Fest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Just cancelled my NRL and Fox League accounts.

I'm rapidly losing interest ... the game I loved died some years back ... now its an orchestrated (un)spectacular
Did the same even though they offered a half price deal :finger:

NRL are flogging GF tickets as the rectangular stadium is not filled with Rorters Fans :giggle:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don’t worry the whole kit bag will come out on Sunday, Studs first, Ninja kicks, shoulder charges. They can put him on report 10 times and he won’t give a ****!!
I think him and Bellyache will come up with something that surpasses every grub act he's committed.
I expect Napa will be penalized repeatedly if he comes within 10 metres of the cat.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Slater’s name is being engraved on the Clive Churchill medal right now.
I thought that it already was.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...rge-todd-greenberg/16tiwqutraytr11pa5fcshgroa

Todd Greenberg's surprise admission on Billy Slater shoulder charge: 'Referees will make mistakes'

You can feel Cronulla's rage already kicking in.
ShareShareShare

Written ByMICHAEL DI LONARDO @michaeldila1
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has conceded Billy Slater could have been sent to the sin-bin for deliberately preventing a try with a shoulder charge in Melbourne's preliminary final against Cronulla.

Slater's defence team argued the fullback attempted to wrap his arms around Sosaia Feki, convincing a three-man judiciary panel to clear his name on the argument the speed of the collision and Feki's change of direction contributed to the tackle.

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen declared Slater should have been given his marching orders as his side took little advantage from the penalty blown by Gerard Sutton, denied a rare chance of four points against Melbourne's sturdy defence.

The on-field error has raised concerns about Sutton's grand final appointment and while Greenberg agreed a sin-bin was an option, the NRL boss defended the whistleblower's credibility.

“Certainly on review I understand the referees in their report cards talked to the point that it could have been the case on the field as a professional foul, but that didn’t happen on the night,” Greenberg told Macquarie Sports Radio.

“He’s our best referee. Like players, referees will make mistakes from time to time but there’s no doubt Gerry Sutton is the number one referee in the game.”

Greenberg had no issues with the judiciary's verdict on Tuesday night, however in the wake of the fallout he revealed there will be a review to avoid any controversy around the rules in the future.

''I’m comfortable (with the decision),'' he said.

''What we found last night with the not guilty plea was the match review will continue to charge those players, but ultimately if it does get to the judiciary it will be judged in an independent forum which is a good thing.

''At the end of the season we’ll look to make any changes and we’ll do some consultation with the match review and with the judiciary and the people that matter through our clubs.''

The weighting of the charge has attracted attention after Roosters hooker Jake Friend was cleared to play the grand final with an early guilty plea over a dangerous tackle on Greg Inglis.

Friend's throw had a base penalty of 75 points, meaning he could walk free with an early guilty plea, while shoulder charges carry a heftier 200 points penalty.

Greenberg said that measure was in place to keep the shoulder charge out of the game, moments after the judiciary let Slater walk free for what many believe to be a black and white shoulder charge.

“There’s a reason why we have big point penalties for grade one shoulder charges because we’ve slowly eradicated shoulder charges out of the game,” Greenberg said.

“We believe the law as it stands is pretty clear as to what constitutes a shoulder charge, but as we do at the end of any season we’ll look to make any changes.

“We do that as a matter of course at the end of every season and we’ll do that again.”

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
“There’s a reason why we have big point penalties for grade one shoulder charges because we’ve slowly eradicated shoulder charges out of the game,” Greenberg said.

“We believe the law as it stands is pretty clear as to what constitutes a shoulder charge, but as we do at the end of any season we’ll look to make any changes.

“We do that as a matter of course at the end of every season and we’ll do that again.”

I a confused ..... was it or was it not a shoulder charge .... if not .... why do you believe he should of been sin binned ?????

... and If it was a shoulder charge .... why do you believe exonerating him the correct call by the judiciary ?????

FMD .... this bloke has no brain cells let alone any moral compass ......

I've heard some bull$hit explanations for things in my 43+ years, but that one takes the cake. And what's worse, they bought it hook, line and bloody sinker.

I don't think the panel bought anything mate.

I think this decision was made before Billy hopped on his private jet and graced Sydney with his presence.

The whole thing was a charade of "due process".

I would love for the judiciary panel to have to provide a transcript of their "deliberations". Probably chatting about golf and horse racing.

Greenturd had this decided on Sunday.

StuBoot

Bencher
“He’s our best referee. Like players, referees will make mistakes from time to time but there’s no doubt Gerry Sutton is the number one referee in the game apart from Matt Cecchin.

''At the end of the season we’ll look to make any changes and we’ll do some consultation with the match review and with the judiciary and the people that matter through our clubs that matter.''

They must've editted some of Greenturd's comments so I fixed them.

grassy

Bencher
My plan for Sunday was to hold a bbq at my place for a group of 6 mates (all manly supporters)and after the bbq watch the game on the big screen pictured. After this pile of grubby politics We have decided to cancel the game not the bbq and head of to do some fishing instead. Not only will the nrl NOT get my money, they will not get my ratings. I definitely will not be firing up my projector and wasting 3 or more hours of bulb life on behalf of greenturd and his nrl. The Nrl and its rulings have become a dead set joke. They are all a bunch of crooks and don’t deserve the support.

Attachments

• 1712F92E-4436-43B6-9B59-E4D477A0AF3E.jpeg
    1712F92E-4436-43B6-9B59-E4D477A0AF3E.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
My plan for Sunday was to hold a bbq at my place for a group of 6 mates (all manly supporters)and after the bbq watch the game on the big screen pictured. After this pile of grubby politics We have decided to cancel the game not the bbq and head of to do some fishing instead. Not only will the nrl NOT get my money, they will not get my ratings. I definitely will not be firing up my projector and wasting 3 or more hours of bulb life on behalf of greenturd and his nrl. The Nrl and itsrulings have become a dead set joke. They are all a bunch of crooks and don’t deserve the support.
I've got no intention of watching the GF. I'm predicting a big ratings drop for this years game and the NRL can blame their own duplicity.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...rge-todd-greenberg/16tiwqutraytr11pa5fcshgroa

Todd Greenberg's surprise admission on Billy Slater shoulder charge: 'Referees will make mistakes'

You can feel Cronulla's rage already kicking in.
ShareShareShare

Written ByMICHAEL DI LONARDO @michaeldila1
NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg has conceded Billy Slater could have been sent to the sin-bin for deliberately preventing a try with a shoulder charge in Melbourne's preliminary final against Cronulla.

Slater's defence team argued the fullback attempted to wrap his arms around Sosaia Feki, convincing a three-man judiciary panel to clear his name on the argument the speed of the collision and Feki's change of direction contributed to the tackle.

Cronulla captain Paul Gallen declared Slater should have been given his marching orders as his side took little advantage from the penalty blown by Gerard Sutton, denied a rare chance of four points against Melbourne's sturdy defence.

The on-field error has raised concerns about Sutton's grand final appointment and while Greenberg agreed a sin-bin was an option, the NRL boss defended the whistleblower's credibility.

“Certainly on review I understand the referees in their report cards talked to the point that it could have been the case on the field as a professional foul, but that didn’t happen on the night,” Greenberg told Macquarie Sports Radio.

“He’s our best referee. Like players, referees will make mistakes from time to time but there’s no doubt Gerry Sutton is the number one referee in the game.”

Greenberg had no issues with the judiciary's verdict on Tuesday night, however in the wake of the fallout he revealed there will be a review to avoid any controversy around the rules in the future.

''I’m comfortable (with the decision),'' he said.

''What we found last night with the not guilty plea was the match review will continue to charge those players, but ultimately if it does get to the judiciary it will be judged in an independent forum which is a good thing.

''At the end of the season we’ll look to make any changes and we’ll do some consultation with the match review and with the judiciary and the people that matter through our clubs.''

The weighting of the charge has attracted attention after Roosters hooker Jake Friend was cleared to play the grand final with an early guilty plea over a dangerous tackle on Greg Inglis.

Friend's throw had a base penalty of 75 points, meaning he could walk free with an early guilty plea, while shoulder charges carry a heftier 200 points penalty.

Greenberg said that measure was in place to keep the shoulder charge out of the game, moments after the judiciary let Slater walk free for what many believe to be a black and white shoulder charge.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
Awesome!

I wish that could get forwarded on to the nrl admin and all these murdoch owned lackeys spruiking that the right decision was made.
Awesome tackle by the young woman , I’m starting to get over the whole thing if you require proof that there is one law for some players and clubs and another for the rest it is last nights slap opera.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Now we are led to believe that Studs First is very “ tired “ after this weeks ordeal.

Poor Billy, let’s have a group hug for him shall we??

Last edited:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My plan for Sunday was to hold a bbq at my place for a group of 6 mates (all manly supporters)and after the bbq watch the game on the big screen pictured. After this pile of grubby politics We have decided to cancel the game not the bbq and head of to do some fishing instead. Not only will the nrl NOT get my money, they will not get my ratings. I definitely will not be firing up my projector and wasting 3 or more hours of bulb life on behalf of greenturd and his nrl. The Nrl and its rulings have become a dead set joke. They are all a bunch of crooks and don’t deserve the support.
That's one hell of a set up @grassy . Definitely doesn't deserve being fired up for the disgrace of a game.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16