Slater Knob Fest

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Shoe1

Journey Man
Not sure about anyone else, but at least a few times a month I send some 'feedback' to the NRL about refereeing.
Don't get me wrong, I have an U14 Year Old playing Rugby League and has this year decided to Referee Under 6,7 and 8's for a bit of extra pocket money, and also because he loves his rugby league.
I have seen first hand the abuse he cops from devoted parents of teams on the receiving end of some of his Refereeing decisions! (I must admit he has been right on most of those occasions!)
So I get the fact that Refs are human, probably underpaid, get abused by everyone etc.
However, the NRL has a Bunker!, They can pay the Refs a decent salary to work fulltime (i.e so not distracted by learning Year 8 Algebra!).
With all the camera angles, how do they consistently stuff it up week after week.
The link where I send my frustrations to is here:
https://www.nrl.com/contact-us
Done

Garts

First Grader
Annoyed he didn't get suspended, but not because I think he deserved it for the tackle. Just because I farking hate Melbourne. I don't think it really deserved a suspension. I agree with the rationale of Billy at full speed, Feki changed direction a little and Billy braced for impact. Taking away my dislike for the Storm he shouldn't miss a game for that.

Class of 96

Bencher
42510103_10155729078822747_8066274217718448128_n.jpg

Love it V8. Just a slight amendment needed to replace 2018 with 2013, the year fcukface got involved in the NRL admin and his reign of terror began.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Not sure I'll bother watching next season. Decisions are made depending on which club or player is involved, rules are applied subjectively, media pressure is applied to get the desired outcome. Officials seem at best inept or at worst corrupt. No confidence next year will be any different with the same lunatics running the asylum.

HoldenV8

Journey Man

The sad part about this is that it was plainly obvious that Slater never intended to legitimately tackle Feki into touch. I still maintain that he had every opportunity to legally put him over the sideline yet he chose to go in shoulder first.

He has a history of doing that so its my belief that his sole intention was to put him into touch using his shoulder.

And his explanation that Feki was going to step him? Must have been one of those phantom steps because the front on shot shows Feki running straight down the sideline with eyes only for the corner.

manly al

First Grader
Pity the N R L could not give or provide the same leniency or benefit of the doubt to Manly ' s so called salary cap issue . So in conclusion to this ruling there are apparently in this interpretation , different degrees or variations to a shoulder charge action . Talk about flexible interpretations .

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The sad part about this is that it was plainly obvious that Slater never intended to legitimately tackle Feki into touch. I still maintain that he had every opportunity to legally put him over the sideline yet he chose to go in shoulder first.

He has a history of doing that so its my belief that his sole intention was to put him into touch using his shoulder.

And his explanation that Feki was going to step him? Must have been one of those phantom steps because the front on shot shows Feki running straight down the sideline with eyes only for the corner.
Slater claimed that he studied every Feki try, but somehow Feki suddenly introduced an unexpected sidestep :wondering:

Hope that he becomes 'Boo' Slater and the international viewers are exposed to the NRL's blatant duplicity@:mad:

sCam and JT's Cap free 'testimonial' match that no CEO had heard of as an option for a 300 match player :swear:

Then this alternate fact Slater ruling. Even tops the blatant rort of his Lewis Medal in SOO :finger:
And the Slater Drop kick ruling folks :banghead:

#Notinthespiritofthegame

Last edited:

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
I’ve read Billy’s explanation and the legal arguments and all that he has described are mitigating factors, hence why the Grade 1 charge was appropriate. He spoke about his “duty” to make the tackle for his team. I’d like to think that his duty not to make a tackle that the game has deemed dangerous trumps his duty to make the tackle for the team.

I will be interested to see if this is one of the lowest rating finals ever. I won’t be tuning in for the Slater Circle Jerk, which means it will be the first grand final I have missed since I was 8 years old. From what I read here and elsewhere, I am not alone.

I don’t think I have come across another sport that has done such an awesome job of alienating its fans.

Shoe1

Journey Man
This is what I wrote on silvertails last night:

“There is officially no such thing as a shoulder charge from this day forward.

League must be the only game in the world where rules are black one day and white the next, where 100 years of expertise and precedent can be overturned in a second.

It was a shoulder charge, an action that was legal until 5 years ago. Now they are illegal, and now that thing billy did isn’t a shoulder charge.”

This is how I translated the above for submission to the nrl feedback site, so they can understand what I mean:

“Billy done a shoulder charge on Feki. Youse keep ****ing with the rules. Your idiots.”

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member

League must be the only game in the world where rules are black one day and white the next, where 100 years of expertise and precedent can be overturned in a second.

It was a shoulder charge, an action that was legal until 5 years ago. Now they are illegal, and now that thing billy did isn’t a shoulder charge.”

This is how I translated the above for submission to the nrl feedback site, so they can understand what I mean:

“Billy done a shoulder charge on Feki. Youse keep ****ing with the rules. Your idiots.”

Could work on the translation, they won't think you are a Manly supporter with bias lol

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't blame Mal until they tell us which Panel Member held out for 50 minutes as it was/does not have to be a unanimous vote :wait:

No, they were just having a cuppa, killing time to make it look good.

“ can we make it an hour?”, um “ no better not that will look bad how about 55 minutes”!!!

Pass me that Ice VoVo please!!

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member

"Youse" top word. Doesn't get used enough. You might actually get a non automated reply to that @Shoe1.:D

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They (Scum) had a QC .... NRL's top two prosecutors were unavailable ... it was the dude that they managed to dust off and jiggle forward's (puppet fashion), first NRL judiciary prosecution .... set up or incompetent? ... the result is more damage to the game ... the CEO must go before the game is laughed into oblivion.

Disgusting ruling .... Cochran, Garlic and the other dingbat should be sued by Cronulla

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gould on twitter asking for opinions on the result. After he's spent the last two days loarding Slater as the second coming. I went to give him some more of my opinion, but apparently my opinion last night didn't fit into his Slater narrative and he blocked me. lol (fuuck you Phil, you sell-out motherf@cker)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18