Silvertails Site in danger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Don’t worry Dan, it’s the ‘off season’ and once the season starts, people will return.

Don’t worry Dan, it’s the ‘off season’ and once the season starts, people will return.

I don’t think that’s the problem , you’d have to be blind not to notice that each season there’s less posting.

I don’t believe it’s to do with fights , squabbles , religion as you get all that and MUCH MORE on social media.

I just think people are lazy, FB makes it easy as stuff just appears on your timeline, no having to go to Google , load up Silvertails , sign in etc etc.

I’ve made mention many times of Silvertails but rarely do they come and join.

I wonder if 'things' like that screaming eagles podcast would give us a mention. I mean these things are always happy to jump on here when they are starting up, maybe they can reciprocate.

And mfb says the players all read this so now Dan is an unemployed bum, he can go around and get a few testimonials from them.

You haven't lived until @BOZO has threatened to knock your front teeth out, over an internet disagreement.
Happy new year feathered friend Mave . We live and learn and what I have learnt is
It is be better to focus on being a cool Eagle than a loose cannon Goose .
Love you brother Mave . Thank you for your cheeky message :)

thanks for the reminder, signing up now
Great work CE !!!
Thank you for being one of the reasons to inspire Dan to keep this site going and the support and contribution that is requires

Thank you for giving life to our forum :h:

Have an Awesome day feathered friend !!!

giving-quote-churchill.jpg.pagespeed.ce.qMVayX7Ztb.jpg

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I don’t think that’s the problem , you’d have to be blind not to notice that each season there’s less posting.

I don’t believe it’s to do with fights , squabbles , religion as you get all that and MUCH MORE on social media.

I just think people are lazy, FB makes it easy as stuff just appears on your timeline, no having to go to Google , load up Silvertails , sign in etc etc.

I’ve made mention many times of Silvertails but rarely do they come and join.
Precisely this, which is why I really want to get our posts on people's timelines, the more people share posts on Facebook the more it will show up in people's feeds the more traction we will get away from Facebook.

I am going to dedicate more time into building the silvertails fb page and sharing our content automatically on there as well to try and get traction that way, but I really want the discussion to be more centric to this sit than Facebook

I wonder if 'things' like that screaming eagles podcast would give us a mention. I mean these things are always happy to jump on here when they are starting up, maybe they can reciprocate.

And mfb says the players all read this so now Dan is an unemployed bum, he can go around and get a few testimonials from them.
I've got enough cash to last me a year without working but looking for work is more work than actually working. Plus I'm recovering from knee surgery so I'm not really mobile enough to hunt the players down

I recently had a few months off silvertails, only use facebook for a closed group for my weekend sport team where we post teamlists etc.

Going away from social media is great for the soul.
Now that the season is within site im back a bit more. Ill be sad if this ever disappeared.

p.s. seems we were popular when we had the furrie invasion, have you thought of inviting them back @Dan?

Is it the fact that we were a bit more competitive and successful last year compared to the BT years. I find that more people tend to come on and vent after a loss than come here to celebrate after a win (too busy drinking/celebrating some place).

Personally I don’t do ‘antisocial media’ so love this place. Agree sometimes some people push the nasty envelope a bit too much and would welcome people being benched before the vitriol gets out of hand. It saddened me when people like @Ryan and @susan felt the need to take a break due to being bullied

Long live Silvertails!
People don't come back from bans

You protect an insular crowd whilst letting the grammatically correct **** all over the lower classes, the lesser educated person gets the ****s, gets banned and doesn't return because they've been bullied to a point where they mouth off then someone's buddy bans them so what's the point

You've just lost another person after ****ting on them consistently from top to bottom

How do peeps find the changes with the new platform? The ability to agree or respond with an icon other than a like is buggy. Clicking on a thread and it starting and the start
Used to be "cliquey" in the first years but never bothered me "The congo line group". (just laugh it off or don't read certain contributors, it is not that difficult)

I would say it is less cliquey now by a big margin.

My main issue is i prefer the previous website design and struggle to view the website on my iphone 6 at times with slow-downs and crashes due to the advertisements.

Since the site is free the above issues don't bother me(have no right to complain being free) other than the site doesn't feel all that secure.
Agree about this current plat form sucks balls. I love silvertails. But on my phone this version of the plat form is buggy and there has been plenty of times I have gone to post something and either couldn't or gave up due to platform issues. Icons working is hit and miss. Click on a thread and sometimes it opens at page 1. Other times the same thread opens at the most recent page. Page 1 is a huge pain in the ass having to scrowl to the bottom of the page before having an end page option.

How do peeps find the changes with the new platform? The ability to agree or respond with an icon other than a like is buggy. Clicking on a thread and it starting and the start
Agree about this current plat form sucks balls. I love silvertails. But on my phone this version of the plat form is buggy and there has been plenty of times I have gone to post something and either couldn't or gave up due to platform issues. Icons working is hit and miss. Click on a thread and sometimes it opens at page 1. Other times the same thread opens at the most recent page. Page 1 is a huge pain in the ass having to scrowl to the bottom of the page before having an end page option.
Yeah i have the exact same issues but just not one to complain over "first world problems" especially when the website is free and from someone who spends so much time and effort into something we all should be thankful for.

Yeah i get the page 1 thing all the time, i just put it down to me lacking enough intelligence to work out where the last comment button is lol.

no ads if you go premium member
Didn't mind the ads to support the site when they were not so intrusive and done in a way that doesn't make you click on them by mistake.

Disabling Java in the iphone settings makes for a far more snappy experience in general but i rarely use my phone for Silvertails viewing anyway.

Going premium means you have to hand over your details, more than happy to pay if my info was not shared with the site owner.

Mind you with google analytics (or whatever it is called) especially with phone viewers i wouldn't be surprised if you could probably work out where people are from and street addresses. I think Dan alluded to this in a past discussion saying something along the lines of "you wouldn't believe some of the info you can look up" using this info.

Didn't mind the ads to support the site when they were not so intrusive and done in a way that doesn't make you click on them by mistake.

Disabling Java in the iphone settings makes for a far more snappy experience in general but i rarely use my phone for Silvertails viewing anyway.

Going premium means you have to hand over your details, more than happy to pay if my info was not shared with the site owner.

Mind you with google analytics (or whatever it is called) especially with phone viewers i wouldn't be surprised if you could probably work out where people are from and street addresses. I think Dan alluded to this in a past discussion saying something along the lines of "you wouldn't believe some of the info you can look up" using this info.
You could use Aloha on your iPhone instead of Safari and pay for the VPN then use TOR and that would scramble your info but would also mean refreshing a thread takes 10 minutes...

Not me @Moops . I was always in Terrys corner. I’m as Right wing as they come. And yes I’ve been denigrated for it in the past(and will be in the future, no doubt). But once I got past 50, I really dont give a f*ck what I get called.I know what I know, and believe what I believe.

I'm also the wrong side of 50 and I also don't give a toss if people agree with my political views. I'm conservative and proud of it. But I tend to avoid the political threads. It's easier to let things go through to the keeper.

It will be interesting though to see since Warringah is no longer in the hands of the Libs, whether a bit more funding finds its way to the northern beaches.

People don't come back from bans

You protect an insular crowd whilst letting the grammatically correct **** all over the lower classes, the lesser educated person gets the ****s, gets banned and doesn't return because they've been bullied to a point where they mouth off then someone's buddy bans them so what's the point

You've just lost another person after ****ting on them consistently from top to bottom
Do many people really get bans here? Only one poster comes to my mind. And it's pretty obvious that they are here to troll and not discuss Manly.

Mate none of that is true. We use PayPal and nothing more than your email address is revealed. You could setup a temporary PayPal account, pay and trash it.

You seem to be rather paranoid and each of your posts in this thread have been along the lines of saying that the site is insecure and I am untrustworthy. None of the things you have said are factual and are somewhat damaging to mine and the sites character.

If you have specific actual security concerns rather than assumed and incorrect ones then please feel free to start a conversation with me so as I can address those, otherwise they are leaning towards damaging for the sites reputation

It is true that skilled people can do a lot of tracing of your details based on small clues, I lack most of those skills and we don't have access to enough data to do anything unlike other systems and Facebook. There is a taxonomy ranking that Facebook does on you based on the things you look up on their systems and the internet at large. For instance when I lived overseas it categorised me as "30-40, living away from home and family etc" pretty scary.

Personally I don't give a toss about where you are or who you are or what you do in your time, I require a username and password only and that's just so your posts are attributed to your account anything else doesn't even factor in. The only thing I look at is traffic sources, which page lead you here because that helps me understand how the site is found and used, in this case the site is either found by direct entry or by searches only a small percent from other sources

Last edited:
Yeah i have the exact same issues but just not one to complain over "first world problems" especially when the website is free and from someone who spends so much time and effort into something we all should be thankful for.

Yeah i get the page 1 thing all the time, i just put it down to me lacking enough intelligence to work out where the last comment button is lol.

Can you pm me with the actual details and some more clear examples of the steps you take and the result so I can replicate it? For mine it works exactly like the old system as this was just a version upgrade.

I've not experienced anything like the above. I'm also on a newer android phone though

Mate none of that is true. We use PayPal and nothing more than your email address is revealed. You could setup a temporary PayPal account, pay and trash it.

You seem to be rather paranoid and each of your posts in this thread have been along the lines of saying that the site is insecure and I am untrustworthy. None of the things you have said are factual and are somewhat damaging to mine and the sites character.

If you have specific actual security concerns rather than assumed and incorrect ones then please feel free to start a conversation with me so as I can address those, otherwise they are leaning towards damaging for the sites reputation

It is true that skilled people can do a lot of tracing of your details based on small clues, I lack most of those skills and we don't have access to enough data to do anything unlike other systems and Facebook. There is a taxonomy ranking that Facebook does on you based on the things you look up on their systems and the internet at large. For instance when I lived overseas it categorised me as "30-40, living away from home and family etc" pretty scary.

Personally I don't give a toss about where you are or who you are or what you do in your time, I require a username and password only and that's just so your posts are attributed to your account anything else doesn't even factor in. The only thing I look at is traffic sources, which page lead you here because that helps me understand how the site is found and used, in this case the site is either found by direct entry or by searches only a small percent from other sources
I haven't assumed anything, fact is you had security issues in the past, i also said my gut feeling is the site still doesn't feel secure(in part to the past and little things in the present), thirdly the way ads were used on the mobile version did come across as too intrusive and encouraging accidental clicks---that alone damages the sites reputation.(i read another post here also in regards to that) but you did respond quickly to that post which is great to see.

I also have another issue that i don't wish to bring up since it was over 8yrs ago but it changed the way i post here that is for sure.(zero to do with other contributors here which has never bothered me one bit)

Mentioning google analytics is not damaging to your site, you even alluded to it, i never suggested you pass your time going over such details, you openly and honestly alerted people about the possibilities is all.

I recall mentioning years ago about paying to use the site and if my info will be shared with the site and was told (by i think a mod) that this will be the case.(that is why i mentioned in follow up posts i would be more than happy to pay with a brown paper bag)

In relation to clicking and being linked to the first post of the thread, all i am doing is hitting the Rugby League Forum link, scrolling down to a title that looks (half interesting) and clicking the title, that then links to the first post all the time and i have to scroll down to the bottom and hit the double forward button to go to the last page of comments.

I rarely use my phone to visit the site but didn't the old version have number tabs or some other tab to the right of the title so you could hit that and go to the last page of comments, i don't have anything like that now with the new version so i have to hit the title of the thread which obviously links to the first page as per the previous version.

Oh and switching off java in my iphone settings definitely makes your site run real snappy, a huge difference. With Java on i even get times the site crashes probably due to the ads.(yes my gut feeling just in case you take offence again)

Iphone 6 user that is up to date using Safari.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10