Silvertails Site in danger

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
@Shane4500 As Dan mentioned above I shared your views but then realised much ( most) is very tongue in cheek on here and and since then I’ve had a ball of fun.

Funnily enough I’m currently very very pissed off with social media for much the same reasons you mention in your post.

I have three interests in life ( apart from my family) , Footy, Cricket and in retirement Caravanning and my social media is linked to all three.

But ( and especially in the last two months) every part of social media has become terribly political.

I couldn’t give a **** if you voted for Pauline , ScoMo, or Albo just don’t load up my social media feed with Climate Change or your view on politics because I love Footy, Cricket and Caravans ( by the way this isn’t aimed at you it’s just a general comment).

Whereas I know coming in here it’s Footy and nothing else.

Long live Silvertails!!
I had you pegged for a mad fisherman too!

My 2 cents...

Not harping back to the “old days” but there used to be some civility especially around differing opinions.

Unfortunately there seem to be some posters who will treat every discussion in the opposite fashion. The hard part here (as a mod) is that, strictly speaking, they are not doing anything “wrong” but it does kill off discussion.

We are the original Manly forum and the best

I do not belong to the The imitators of fb and twitter

The Silvertails is where you get to feel the Manly Sea eagles passion

We dont want to lose what we have

Please assist in keeping this great forum of ours viable

By Joining the Silvertails tipping comp

go to: https://silvertails.net/account/upgrades
  • Once complete go to Tipping Competition
  • Click sign up next to the 2020 comp
  • Start entering you tips once i get the season loaded in there

thanks for the reminder, signing up now

Used to be "cliquey" in the first years but never bothered me "The congo line group". (just laugh it off or don't read certain contributors, it is not that difficult)

I would say it is less cliquey now by a big margin.

My main issue is i prefer the previous website design and struggle to view the website on my iphone 6 at times with slow-downs and crashes due to the advertisements.

Since the site is free the above issues don't bother me(have no right to complain being free) other than the site doesn't feel all that secure.
no ads if you go premium member

Who uses it? About 2.5 billion active users at the moment. Sorry 2.5 billion minus 1.
Considering what’s widely known about their ethics as a company that’s sad. Congrats to the -1 though. Seems a visionary. Ditch FB - you won’t miss it. Switch from WhatsApp to Signal. Plenty of other places to quench your thot thirst other than IG. Silvertails is a great place to stay up to date on Manly and Russian brides...

Last edited:
Let me be clear that I'm not directly having a go @ woodsie. We have butted heads on a number of times in my early says but I too have lernt to like him by not biting.
But in the spirit of honesty when I first landed here a few posters here came across as complete dicks in a confrontational way
I can see why some may be scared off by the punchlines of some.
Not scared off as such - just doesn't make you feel inclined to bother in trying to add anything to the conversation when people are just trying their best to be nasty to someone else. Play the issue not the man/woman I say

I would go further and say that the majority of Silvertail members are of the same political bent - left/liberal/woke (whatever you want to call it). They all share the same opinions and there is no variety of thought on here at all. Most ‘conservative’ members have been chased away (see ‘Terry Randall’). Just my opinion of course. The mods can be the worst offenders at times! Most football threads commonly turn into a conservative/religion bashing exercise. There’s 50% of your market alienated right there. Food for thought...
Well to me this is a forum to discuss Manly issues - I can discuss politics/religion/other issues on my Facebook page - but that is just my approach

I’m one of three administrators on a reasonably large FB caravan page.

We ( not me as I’m a numbnut) ran a more traditional Forum prior to starting the FB page, almost the same as Silvertails.

I came up with the idea of the FB page ( private group so you have to join ) as it was much easier for people to post photos of their travels and photos of repair tips.

We had about 500 members on the Forum , maybe 80 active.

We’ve literally just closed the Forum down as no one posted there any longer, whereas the FB page now has 4000 members , 3500 are active on a regular basis.

Long live Silvertails BUT it’s a sign of the times.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8