Signings very quiet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So far as centres go - I like Parker and Harper, but thinking we could probably use a blockbusting type, given we already have plenty of speed out wide. Someone to make effective charges to start sets, like To'o or Olam (well they are obviously the best, but that style of player).

Then I remembered Tuipulotu - he looks a pretty solid build, maybe he is being developed as that sort of back?
In any case, he was definitely signed with some specific purpose in mind, because clubs simply don't sign untried players for 4 years.

So far as centres go - I like Parker and Harper, but thinking we could probably use a blockbusting type, given we already have plenty of speed out wide. Someone to make effective charges to start sets, like To'o or Olam (well they are obviously the best, but that style of player).

Then I remembered Tuipulotu - he looks a pretty solid build, maybe he is being developed as that sort of back?
In any case, he was definitely signed with some specific purpose in mind, because clubs simply don't sign untried players for 4 years.
He looked a star and 6 months ago I thought he'd be our starting centre next year but he seems almost too timid and shy. Doesn't seem to have a real dig from what I've seen, seems like another quiet islander boy on the field like Suli. I'm now questioning his ambitions

If you combine all the posts it's astounding how we even made the top 8,our props are plodders, 9 is just a fill in,backrow are overweight and in the wrong positions,6 and 7 are on the pension,no FG centres at the club,wingers can't tackle, Turbo can look forward to being in a wheelchair from all his injuries next year but we have a good 14 if we can get him cheap enough, makes you laugh

If you combine all the posts it's astounding how we even made the top 8,our props are plodders, 9 is just a fill in,backrow are overweight and in the wrong positions,6 and 7 are on the pension,no FG centres at the club,wingers can't tackle, Turbo can look forward to being in a wheelchair from all his injuries next year but we have a good 14 if we can get him cheap enough, makes you laugh
I guess it's all in the interpretation BUT I think the side we have right now just needs a couple of tweaks to be premiership winning side. Our props on their day can match any other sides. Our nine was the most improved player in the comp. I wouldn't swap our halves for any others. Our backrowers both have incredible potential, but Schuster isn't destined to remain in the backrow for too much longer. Our centre combination needs tweaking, but they both did a good job in getting us to a prelim. Our wingers are evolving, their attack is outstanding, defence not so much. We already have the best fullback in the world, and next year he will step up another level. Our squad as it stands is good enough for top four next season. No question. We will improve based on the experience of this season. Does that mean Des isn't going to try and change the squad up a bit through recruitment from outside? He is already signalling his intentions to do so. His recruitment for 2021 was pretty good. No doubt his recruitment for 2022 will be the same. When that process is complete let's hope that we end up with a squad that can go all the way. Most of it is already in place right now.

If we Release taupau I reckon a line up like this could be achievable. Fairly well rounded squad with Parker, Harper, Croker, cust, sipley etc all backups

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Jamayne Isaako/Curtis Scott
4.Dylan Walker
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Aaron Woods
9.Brandon Smith
10.Sean Keppie
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Manase Fainu / Karl Lawton
15.Josh Aloiai
16.Taniela Paseka
17.Ethan Bullemor
Hmm, I have some question marks over the #3 choices, but this is the first proposed list that actually got my attention and a little excited. I would love the Cheese in #9 rotated with Fainu. That would also free Walker up to play back in centre as you've suggested. Woods, I'm also not 100% sure of, but I really like how that side looks overall.

Isaako, Woods and Foran are no longer up to NRL standard.
We have so many good young props and we would play Woods over them???
Woods would spend a lot of time in Blacktown as I would start Keppie, Sips and Saddle before Woods is considered.

I also feel young Trevojavic will be a permanent starter in 2022 in back row with Schu to 5/8.

We need Harper back in form because our right edge was weak in the last month

That, or we need a bigger body to bust tackles because we offered no threat on the right edge last month
Harper looked like he was playing busted for the last 6 weeks of the season. His lateral movement in that time seemed severely restricted in comparison to earlier rounds. In hindsight he should have been rested for a few weeks in that time. There were a number of games where other squad members could have been given game time. ie Suli, Tuipoluto, Koula, Burbo

Harper was somewhat of a defensive revelation during his first couple of months in the side. Not sure if the grind of his first year of NRL caught up with him, or just some niggling injury. Hopefully he can get himself right and get rid of all that sticky tape he's had on his leg all year. No reason he can't come back bigger and better next season. Refine his mo and his do and nail down a long term spot on that right edge.

Isaako, Woods and Foran are no longer up to NRL standard.
We have so many good young props and we would play Woods over them???
Woods would spend a lot of time in Blacktown as I would start Keppie, Sips and Saddle before Woods is considered.

I also feel young Trevojavic will be a permanent starter in 2022 in back row with Schu to 5/8.
Isaako is still young. And has been playing behind a diabolical Brisbane team for the last 2 years while trying to learn the fb trade at the NRL level. Isaako has x factor in his game.. I think at centre he could flourish with some polish. Can play fullback and can kick goals. Saying he isn't of NRL standard is way off the mark in my opinion. Foran had a very good year, was probably one of out best last week.

Isaako is still young. And has been playing behind a diabolical Brisbane team for the last 2 years while trying to learn the fb trade at the NRL level. Isaako has x factor in his game.. I think at centre he could flourish with some polish. Can play fullback and can kick goals. Saying he isn't of NRL standard is way off the mark in my opinion. Foran had a very good year, was probably one of out best last week.
We need to improve and Foran can’t deliver that improvement. Great player in his peak.
Isaako is a match killer and **** load of mistakes in him most games.
We already have Garrick, Saab and Parker who have a dozen drop balls per game between them.

We need to improve and Foran can’t deliver that improvement. Great player in his peak.
We already have Garrick, Saab and Parker who have a dozen drop balls per game between them.
I dont think we really need foran to improve to win a comp. He has been playing well.. if he can continue his form it shouldn't be an issue in my opinion.

Hmm, I have some question marks over the #3 choices, but this is the first proposed list that actually got my attention and a little excited. I would love the Cheese in #9 rotated with Fainu. That would also free Walker up to play back in centre as you've suggested. Woods, I'm also not 100% sure of, but I really like how that side looks overall.
I'd like the Cheese but I dont know if we could ever afford him plus the way he plays he does get regularly injured and concussed ,so Im not sure of the longevity of his style of play.Re Marion Woods ,I cant say that I'm a massive fan but in Des we trust there so long as its not Mr Poo mark 2 ,I am looking foward to Bullemore joining the heard I sure he will find the grass greener here under Des

Contrary to many ST'ers I rate Jermaine Isaako can play multiple positions and a good goal kicker and I think would thrive under Des.I really liked that Tesi Neu as well at first site and thought we may have tried to grab him while he was unsigned but that horse has bolted .I also would like to see both the Schu and Walker in the centers as we are long a few 2nd rowers who could take the Schu's spot I would think.
Anyway lots to ponder,muse and pontificate on for the next 6 months after a great 2021 season

So in 79 appearances this season Garrick, Saab and Parker have made....coincidently 79 errors.

So between them they be looking at 3 errors per game.

Isaako has 19 errors in 18 games.

Tedesco, Latrell, Walsh, Addo-Carr, Holmes, RTS, Rapana, Gutherson, Lomax, Nofoluma, Tupou, Burton, Johnston along with about 30 others players also average approx 1 error per game.

Turbo is the outlier.....he averaged 2 errors per game this year.

All of this of course means very little as a) errors happen in a game of footy and b) measuring a players worth on 1 stat is bonkers

Foran best season since 2014 and we are sacking him fmd get a grip.
Up the middle where we need impact, one of the group of 4or 5 props needs to set standard at advantage line. I just dont see it out of any of current group.
The Aaron woods mail cautious he could turn his career around, mate who sharks fan the good late off load and go forward the bad very poor goal line defender.
Would hope to see Ben turbo make an impact next season he has the size too while i believe Cust needs to stick around as Croker steady approach has weaknesses

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4