Side without Orford thoughts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I watched bits and pieces of the game and what I've seen it was an improvement.

Lyon should go to 5/8.

As you said. It was an improvement. But only an improvement on the **** he's been dishing up.

Then again you can say that for majority of the team. He's detrimental to our chances so I hope he comes good.

His ball playing was alot better today. I think the return of stewart had alot to do with that add to that the fact watmough and hall in particular were getting some very fast play the balls going which gave him the room he needs.

Your right though. An improvement but nothing to write home about.

Best on ground were Ox, Snake & Choco ... choose your own order.

Without any one of those three today, we lose.

byso link said:

Lyon should go to 5/8.

Well said mate.

With Bailey, Rodney and She-Rex fighting it out for our number 17 utility backrow position - and I'd give it to Rodney.

She'Rex's performance was probably worse than Neuman's effort in the rain. If we lost today, people would be wanting to lynch him.

Nutz, Ox is no Phil Blake in attack. He never has been but he's tough and is never scared to take the line on.

But he's a good leader and when he gets Lyon at 5/8 to take pressure off he'll look even better.

byso link said:
Still sack The Ox?

He played well today, but that's not the point.......... the argument against him is that there is no consistency. Why can't he produce like that every week. He was probably above adequate today and his attacking kicking game was much better. It's not like our forward pack really dominated today, so the oft used defence of his poor performances being because of no foundation being laid is a false one. He plays like he did today against Warriors and Panthers and we probably win those games too.

My observation, he is a far, far more dangerous player when he puts the defence is 2 minds and is running the ball, which I thought he was able to do a lot more today as we went forward a lot better. Every time he runs, a half break is there, if we get some more support runners off him we could have some extra attack

If the Ox didn't play today we lose,  How's that?  If Brett didn't play today we lose.  Now that's a fair comment.  As i've said many times, others make Orford look good.  Today it was Choc, Hall, Glenn and Brett Stewart as well as the ever reliable Lyon.  Sure he was better than he's been all year, but one swallow does not a summer make.  I'll judge him after another five weeks.  He needs to dominate week in and week out to get my vote.  He's paid enough to do it on a regular basis.  Some of his end plays were really not up to scratch today, short kicks that went nowhere, not enough flight on others.  Interesting to see Lyon take all the kicks in play.  Good.   

DSM5 link said:
If the Ox didn't play today we lose,  How's that?  If Brett didn't play today we lose.  Now that's a fair comment.  As i've said many times, others make Orford look good.  Today it was Choc, Hall, Glenn and Brett Stewart as well as the ever reliable Lyon.  Sure he was better than he's been all year, but one swallow does not a summer make.  I'll judge him after another five weeks.  He needs to dominate week in and week out to get my vote.  He's paid enough to do it on a regular basis.  Some of his end plays were really not up to scratch today, short kicks that went nowhere, not enough flight on others.  Interesting to see Lyon take all the kicks in play.  Good.   
i agree,but can i say now,we need orford and we need brett and we need lyon.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=180002.msg218758#msg218758 date=1239526398]

Lyon should go to 5/8.

Well said mate.

With Bailey, Rodney and She-Rex fighting it out for our number 17 utility backrow position - and I'd give it to Rodney.

She'Rex's performance was probably worse than Neuman's effort in the rain. If we lost today, people would be wanting to lynch him.
[/quote]
all i can say is Rodnay played bloody well too with alot of go forward.

Chrisos I can call for Orful's head every minute of the day, but I know he'll be there next week, and the week after.  We need all our guys firing and after today I think they'll start to splutter into it.  I think we will get over the top of the rabbits next week and then the storm will play us into good form. 

6. Jamie Lyon
7. Matt Orford

2465274. Chris Bailey. I claimed he was a hack very early on. Normally - I am very wrong in my assessment of players. Bailey may be my saving grace. NOT 1st grade standard. You'll find teams he plays in the 1/2's for, tend to lose about as much as Manly WINS with Brett Stewart.

He'd want to improve - and soon. We have better options.

I like the term She-Rex - and coming from me, I reckon that's pretty good !

Bani just looks drab the last 3 games.

Who plays centre if you wanna put lyon back at 6???

Do you really think Bailey is going any worse than lyon did at this time last year???

Bailey plays in the same vein as lyon did at 6.... if anything he gives us yet another kicking, passing, running option. 1 more than we had last year when we won the comp.

At least he takes the line on more than lyon did last year. Our strongest team is with bailey at 6. All of you who want lyon at 6 are hanging on to last year still.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4