Side without Orford thoughts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmmm yeah could work, Gronk.

Wolfy does run hard and fast like a good centre should. Again I'd be worried about him defending there but it's something he can work on over time.

It would be interesting to see if he did get a go there... although if Des thought he could play centre wouldn't he have put him there against the knights???

I realise neumann is a "centre" but surely if Des thought Wolfy could play in the centres he would have at least swapped them around once neumann had cocked up for the 6th time?

DSM5 link said:
If the Ox didn't play today we lose,  How's that?  If Brett didn't play today we lose.  Now that's a fair comment.  As i've said many times, others make Orford look good.  Today it was Choc, Hall, Glenn and Brett Stewart as well as the ever reliable Lyon.  Sure he was better than he's been all year, but one swallow does not a summer make.  I'll judge him after another five weeks.  He needs to dominate week in and week out to get my vote.  He's paid enough to do it on a regular basis.  Some of his end plays were really not up to scratch today, short kicks that went nowhere, not enough flight on others.  Interesting to see Lyon take all the kicks in play.  Good.   

What he said.  Allthough I did like he's field goal, that was the biggest drop kick he's done all year.

Ryan link said:
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Matt Orford

2465274. Chris Bailey. I claimed he was a hack very early on. Normally - I am very wrong in my assessment of players. Bailey may be my saving grace. NOT 1st grade standard. You'll find teams he plays in the 1/2's for, tend to lose about as much as Manly WINS with Brett Stewart.

He'd want to improve - and soon. We have better options.
I agree worst player I have seen in a manly team since that clown mullane,who is going to put their hand up to wasting money on this joker

Bailey is a lock/5/8, Lyon is a centre/5/8.

Bailey would replace stewart if he went to lock, lyon replaces Neumann. Surely this is a no brainer.

Any one who has watched the team since orford arrived should know it takes a long time for players to gel with him compared to other halves.

Some of the stuff i saw from Bailey last year prior to us signing him ws on par with lyon later last year. When he finds that timing again he will be very good value.

DSM5 link said:
As i've said many times, others make Orford look good. 

Yes, DSM, we know, we know. 

Just because a record is broken and indefinitely repeats the same section, doesn't make the music any sweater.

And your point is Rex?  I think Bailey was good as 5/8th on Sunday and should be persisted with.  Bani is a worry though, he lacks smarts and pace. 

Bani lacks nothing in the pace department, but in the position department on support play you can make a case he still has plenty to learn

Point is: Wouldn't it be great if Dan could give us hot keys attached to preset text.  Then we could just go Ctrl-A to give everyone the benefit of our expert game review.  eg King was soft, Ox's 5th tackle kick options were disastrous, Bailey should be persisted with.

And the bonus is that we can then so easily provide our expert game commentary without the pain of actually typing it all ... better still, without the pain of actually watching the game.

I don't get it Rex, this after all is a site for discussing the game aand this thread is about Ofrord.  As I saw it, my observations are as valid as anyone else's on this site.  I comment on what I see. 

Just stirring you DSM.  Don't wish you were different.  

It is eerily reassuring that there are some constants in this ever-changing world, like your Ox love, and my love of David Gallop and all other things News Ltd.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4