Side without Orford thoughts ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was thinking if Orford did move on ?? what about this side thoughts ?

1. Stewart
2. Robbo
3. Tony Williams
4. Matai
5. Wolfman
6. Lyon
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. JWH
12. Cuthbo
13. G Stewart

14. Watmough
15. Bani
16. Rose/Rodney
17. Hall

Did Bailey get released as part of a package deal with Orford ?

I thought Lyon was out for 2 weeks, that means round 6 doesn't it?

Chip & Chase link said:
Did Bailey get released as part of a package deal with Orford ?

Hopefully - he is very ordinary.  No wonder he has only played 30 odd NRL games despite being 26

I'd love to see someone, anyone, other then the little guy at number 7.  It would excite the fans and maybe get the rest of the team interested.  It must be depressing for the 13 to see play on the line squandered by silly kicks or muddled passing.  That's when heads drop.  All the effort getting there, to see nothing come of it. 

DSM5 link said:
I'd love to see someone, anyone, other then the little guy at number 7.  It would excite the fans and maybe get the rest of the team interested.  It must be depressing for the 13 to see play on the line squandered by silly kicks or muddled passing.  That's when heads drop.  All the effort getting there, to see nothing come of it. 

TBH I am not sure whole sale changes are the answer, especvially not in key positions, if we lose this weekend or when we have our full roster on the park, i will then call for risky changes though.

We have long known Ox cant do it when all the pressure is on him, with that in mind, Bailey probably isn't the best option to take the pressure off Ox

Dan, I'm not calling for wholesale changes, just a couple.  Send Orful to the reggies and promote someone with some zip and verve.  Move Lyon to 5/8th for support and guidance and there you go.  Next, put a rocket up those non-performing forwards.  "We have long known the Ox can't do it",  hallaluya!(sic)  How long has this been known Dan?

Give a guy like foran a run surely he is better value then either orford or baily.Can anyone explain to me why we wasted salary cap money (when were told it's tight) on baily?I think we should have kept lyon at 5/8 and bought another centre or kept beaver for another year

Got to give it to ya DSM5...

I tried to stick up for orford last week and he repaid me by dishing out that ****.... I'm with anyone suggesting resting Orford...

Bailey to 7 and Lyon to 6 or promote a young bloke.

Anything to give Orford a shake up.... DSM5 is right when he says that the heads drop in the team when they work hard (which is in spits and spurts at the moment) and then the whole play comes undone with Orford's piss poor passing and disgustingly bad kicking.

Orford put us on the backfoot that many times yesterday I thought he had a Blue and Red jersey on for a while.

I'd say he'll be walking into Manly HQ with a big hooded jumper on this week when he goes to collect his pay cheque.

DSM5 link said:
Dan, I'm not calling for wholesale changes, just a couple.  Send Orful to the reggies and promote someone with some zip and verve.  Move Lyon to 5/8th for support and guidance and there you go.  Next, put a rocket up those non-performing forwards.  \"We have long known the Ox can't do it\",  hallaluya!(sic)  How long has this been known Dan?

And you get on the medias case for misquotes and quotes out of context?

When he has someone sharing the duty with him, he is world class. When he has to do it all himself and has a forward pack that aren't rolling forward he struggles. I think we would be better keeping him there and bringing in someone else to the 5/8 position

I actually reckon Foran would make a great 1/2 back in any team. He has a lot of Cooper Cronk about him in my opinion.

Over our current capatarno? Nope.

If Matai is out, and Lyon is out, we may have no choice but to move Bailey to Centre and bring someone else up to play in the halves. I know we have alwasys aid strengthening one position by weakening another is not a good option, the thing is we are already weak in those positions so we may as well roll the dice

'He is world class when sharing with another?'  wtf Dan.  It's the other guy who made Orful look good.  Last season it was Lyon who made Orful look good.  When there's no one there to make him look good, he's just plain bad.  He's the captain, the half, he's meant to make the pack go forward, steer them around, crack the whip, provide the inspiration, the plays etc.  He's just not doing any of it.  Playing against the Tigers I'd think about moving Choc to partner Robbo to stop Teriyaki.  I'd play Ballin for 80 and LeStrange at 5/8th, moving Bailey to centre.  Hall into the second row.  An TWHargreaves to the bench.      

DSM5 link said:
'He is world class when sharing with another?'  wtf Dan.  It's the other guy who made Orful look good.  Last season it was Lyon who made Orful look good.  When there's no one there to make him look good, he's just plain bad.  He's the captain, the half, he's meant to make the pack go forward, steer them around, crack the whip, provide the inspiration, the plays etc.  He's just not doing any of it.  Playing against the Tigers I'd think about moving Choc to partner Robbo to stop Teriyaki.  I'd play Ballin for 80 and LeStrange at 5/8th, moving Bailey to centre.  Hall into the second row.  An TWHargreaves to the bench.      

He is in a form slump like the rest of them, but when he is partnered by someone and does not shoulder all the work, like you say with lyon last year, he is a totally different player. It just simply means he cant do it all himself. Stick Lyon out there with no real 5/8 support, no forwards going forward and no real options in attack and who would?

All any opposition has to do is target Orford when he is alone in the halves, they know he is going to kick so pressure him and most of your work is done. Partner him with someone who takes some fo thekicking duties and keep the opposition guessing and its a different story.

Sure he is playing poorly at the moment, but I wouldn't put him on top of the pile.

With Perry and other forwards struggling to even break the 100m mark each game, how is the halfback meant to operate?

We are being let down by our forwards. We have the best pack in the comp but not 1 of them are standing up.
Remember last year when we flogged Parra with Robson and Beaver as our halves? That was on the back of an inform pack

Dan, when your playmaker is in a form slump, bench him.  It looks to me like whenever we get to an attacking position Orful takes over and puts in the wrong option.  This is not happening once or twice, but regularly.  You can see the guys heads drop when it happens.  It must affect their performance to think that putting all the effort to nearly get there to see it thrown away by a poor option by your playmaker is ****e.  This flaw in his play was evident a season ago.  Maybe with a new, younger, more bushy tailed half, the forwards just might think that their efforts have not been wasted getting to the try line.   

I agree that a change in the halves needs to be made, but replacing a single playmaker with 1 single playmaker is just silly.

I am happy for us to have someone else put into 5/8 next to Orford, I am sure you will see a change in his form then.

You don't fix your form by getting splinters in your ass though, so why sit him out.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6