Shaun Johnson

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Unless there is a deal for a swap with the Eels (who the HELL would want that germ, Moses????) then it has to be the Sharks.

Tigers have Brooks so can't see them brushing him.

Unless there is a deal for a swap with the Eels (who the HELL would want that germ, Moses????) then it has to be the Sharks.

Moses was a young player of potential and was a prized signing by the eels but he has been a big disappointment

Raiders would have to be in the mix. They need a half and sticky has said he would like Johnson at the club.

Raiders have also offloaded a few players and have cap compensation for hingano and rapana up thier sleeve.

If the gummies get pinned for a cap breach then they will have no chance signing him.

If Johnson has been told to look elsewhere already then I can't blame him for wanting out. If your employer told you to go elsewhere in 2020 then you would likely want to find somewhere else sooner.

175119773fa422f6092aea79be5acdd5

What a joke. 4 clubs - two cheats under investigations, and one club with a bottomless chequebook.

This is why the NRL are a disgrace.

Sack Greenturd

NYEagle

If a report that Widdop wants out of Illiawarra is correct then Johnson will be in red-and-white next season.

Widdop has opened up a Saints spot.

Plus I wouldn't put it past the Scumos to shift Munster to fb and buy SJ :cool:

From David Riccio

BREAKING: Shaun Johnson has been granted an official release from the @NZWarriors. Rival @NRL clubs were told last night by Johnson's advisors that he intends to sign with the @Cronulla_Sharks. @telegraph_sport

While it looks like Cronulla for Johnson, was Holmes already on a million? I wouldn’t have thought so. His next contract was going to get him a million but I would’ve thought his last contract he signed would’ve been a lot less than that.

Does Cronulla have the extra few hundred thousand to offer a million to Johnson especially after them having to (as we would expect) suffer some cap penalty for their breaches?

And who do the warriors have lined up as a replacement? Why let Johnson go when they’ve already let their backup half in Mason Lino go?

Gobsmacking if the warriors haven’t go a replacement in mind...

Swap Elgey for Johnson lol..
Warriors then have a replacement. I wonder if Gareth widdop has been approached by the warriors

Why let Johnson go when they’ve already let their backup half in Mason Lino go?

Gobsmacking if the warriors haven’t go a replacement in mind...

From their press release:

“Yesterday (head coach) Stephen Kearney, (recruitment manager) Peter O’Sullivan and I met with Shaun and his manager Peter Brown,” he said.

“During the meeting Shaun clearly demonstrated to us that he didn’t want to be at the club in 2019.

“On the basis of what Shaun told us, we are not going to compromise our culture on and off the field with people who do not wish to represent our club, members and fans in the way we expect.

Unfortunately keeping them at a club against their wishes (though contracted) is a lose-lose. The club would still have to pay them for little ROI, and their sh*tty attitude would spread to the other players and staff. See Mitchell Moses before he was allowed a release to the Eels.

This makes SJ come across pretty poorly to be honest.

From their press release:

“Yesterday (head coach) Stephen Kearney, (recruitment manager) Peter O’Sullivan and I met with Shaun and his manager Peter Brown,” he said.

“During the meeting Shaun clearly demonstrated to us that he didn’t want to be at the club in 2019.

“On the basis of what Shaun told us, we are not going to compromise our culture on and off the field with people who do not wish to represent our club, members and fans in the way we expect.

Unfortunately keeping them at a club against their wishes (though contracted) is a lose-lose. The club would still have to pay them for little ROI, and their sh*tty attitude would spread to the other players and staff. See Mitchell Moses before he was allowed a release to the Eels.

This makes SJ come across pretty poorly to be honest.

I do get why you wouldn’t want a player around in that situation but not to have a backup plan when the preseason is on would be amazing.

In saying that, I forgot about the parra halves. They’re trying to offload at least one so maybe the warriors are getting either Moses or Norman. They’re about the only 2 of first grade standard I can think of.

I do get why you wouldn’t want a player around in that situation but not to have a backup plan when the preseason is on would be amazing.

In saying that, I forgot about the parra halves. They’re trying to offload at least one so maybe the warriors are getting either Moses or Norman. They’re about the only 2 of first grade standard I can think of.
If Parra release one of those two in means they can re sign Hayne. Oh wait...

Please explain!

How the f**k can Cronulla sign yet another marquee player when:

1. I realise the my have released Holmes BUT it was part of his release that he must return to them if NFL doesn’t work out next year so don’t they have to keep that money available or take that clause away?

2. They are under salary cap investigation and like when we were, no player was allowed to be signed, including ones we already had and certainly not new marquee signings. So why are Cronulla throwing money around?

3. The Sharks coach would be involved in these signings and he too is being scrutinised for salary cap breaches.

This reeks of double standards and the Sharks are being given the same armchair ride as the Roosters.

Not to mention their tickle on the elbow with a feather for loading up on drugs before winning a ‘fairytale’ premiership!

Give me a break Greenberg!

Please explain!

How the f**k can Cronulla sign yet another marquee player when:

1. I realise the my have released Holmes BUT it was part of his release that he must return to them if NFL doesn’t work out next year so don’t they have to keep that money available or take that clause away?

2. They are under salary cap investigation and like when we were, no player was allowed to be signed, including ones we already had and certainly not new marquee signings. So why are Cronulla throwing money around?

3. The Sharks coach would be involved in these signings and he too is being scrutinised for salary cap breaches.

This reeks of double standards and the Sharks are being given the same armchair ride as the Roosters.

Not to mention their tickle on the elbow with a feather for loading up on drugs before winning a ‘fairytale’ premiership!

Give me a break Greenberg!
Yes and with such a leg up they are still haemorrhaging money. Makes me smile...

PS - Toddy is probably petrified of that area getting an A League team so he's doing all he can to prop them up.

Today's rumour

Moses or Norman to the warriors which then frees up money for Parra to sign Marty

Apparently Johnson is only available for a one year contact which means he has already agreed to go elsewhere in 2020 - the roosters to replace Cronk

Sharks will be dumb enough to sign him for a year

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8