Shaun Johnson

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
D

Deleted member 26876

Reportedly the Warriors are happy to let go of him. Reckon he’d be good if we could pull off a swap, it may suit the cap as well. Say give them Taufua (Suli preferably, and also Parker!) and return Sipley, then we could have a swap for cheap, release one of the hooker options and then recruit a backline player such as hoppa (really should be going after him). Warriors apparently have interest in already signing a half as well so we don’t necessarily have to give them one.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian Kelly
3. Dylan Walker
4. William Hopoate
5. Moses Suli (fit!)
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Lachlan Croker/Fainu/Koroisau (release one)

Once again just a thought. Upgrade to Elgey, but cap may still play a part even with swaps. Anyways

Edit * I don’t actually know whether I’d like to see this or not, but just felt I should have thrown it out there

Last edited by a moderator:
Reportedly the Warriors are happy to let go of him. Reckon he’d be good if we could pull off a swap, it may suit the cap as well. Say give them Taufua (Suli preferably, and also Parker!) and return Sipley, then we could have a swap for cheap, release one of the hooker options and then recruit a backline player such as hoppa (really should be going after him). Warriors apparently have interest in already signing a half as well so we don’t necessarily have to give them one.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian Kelly
3. Dylan Walker
4. William Hopoate
5. Moses Suli (fit!)
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Lachlan Croker/Fainu/Koroisau (release one)

Once again just a thought, but it may work? Upgrade to Elgey, but cap may still play a part even with swaps. Anyways

Harry I like your positivity and, in this case, the elaborate use of random players the Warriors don't need.
Sadly, there are only 2 options for Manly to get SJ.

1. DCE - SJ
2. Marty - SJ + some coin or a cheapy.

Tom and Jake are a package, and that keeps them @ Manly until their contract is ended.

Basically, we couldn't keep Green so there is no chance we can get his talented offsider.

You've been drinking again mate.

If you believe some stuff going around he's already bound for the tigers to be with Maguire.
He might also just be seeing what's out there before renegotiating with the worriers
I can't see the worriers fans taking his departure too kindly .
Would be a great get though.

Harry I like your positivity and, in this case, the elaborate use of random players the Warriors don't need.
Sadly, there are only 2 options for Manly to get SJ.

1. DCE - SJ
2. Marty - SJ + some coin or a cheapy.

Tom and Jake are a package, and that keeps them @ Manly until their contract is ended.

Basically, we couldn't keep Green so there is no chance we can get his talented offsider.
What I meant is to give them two players and pay only a portion of Johnson’s contract, not a direct swap. My bad for not clearing that up.

Eg. if Johnson is on $900,000, give them two players for $400,000 and pay $500,000, try find TPA to make it cheaper as well

Then again I don’t know if I’d risk all that for Shaun Johnson, but could prove a brilliant signing, or an absolutely terrible one. Just feeling a little concerned with Elgey but by rd one that may clear up

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an oxymoron if ever I've read one!

You do realise that "when the going gets tough, Shaun Johnson gets going" implies that he is a tough and rugged competitor that steps up during clutch moments? I think you've misinterpreted the catch phrase.
It’s true for Johnson in a round about way. He is at his best under pressure at clutch moments. The rest of the time he goes missing.

It’s true for Johnson in a round about way. He is at his best under pressure at clutch moments. The rest of the time he goes missing.
It's just that he called him a myth, implying that he goes missing during clutch moments.

You've been drinking again mate.

Drinking ? I think someones been passing the Dutchie.....I can feel a bit of Bob Marley coming on ....

Seriously though, Personally and is only my personal preference, I would not like to see both DCE and Johnson as our halves, I think both do their best work when they have a stable hand next to them. I am hoping that with Elgey, DCE will mature as a play maker, call it only when he wants it, more importantly get the ball when he calls it, and not over play his hand letting Elgey do all the other silly stuff.
To my mind, two halves like Johnson and DCE together is counter productive. Just my thoughts though...

Now back to Marley............
Pass the dutchie on the left hand side
Pass teh dutchie on the left hand side
It a gonna burn, give me music make me jump and prance
It a go done, give me the music make me rock in the dance

What I meant is to give them two players and pay only a portion of Johnson’s contract, not a direct swap. My bad for not clearing that up.

Eg. if Johnson is on $900,000, give them two players for $400,000 and pay $500,000, try find TPA to make it cheaper as well

Then again I don’t know if I’d risk all that for Shaun Johnson, but could prove a brilliant signing, or an absolutely terrible one. Just feeling a little concerned with Elgey but by rd one that may clear up

Harry, again I like your positivity and understand what you are trying to say. But, the Warriors don't need our players (maybe they could use Jake or Marty) for SJ.

Elgey is in De$'s hands now, so we will all have to wait and see!!!!!!!!

That's an oxymoron if ever I've read one!

You do realise that "when the going gets tough, Shaun Johnson gets going" implies that he is a tough and rugged competitor that steps up during clutch moments? I think you've misinterpreted the catch phrase.

It was meant in the sense that under pressure he goes missing (going)

He’d be a great fit for Brisbane and he would get huge 3rd party deals to take him well over the million if its money he most interested in. Plus they’re a team on the up with a lot of young talented players that may be enticing.

Johnson has been one of my favourite non Manly players but I must admit that he’s dropped off under Stephen Kearney. It’s like he’s trying to play like an organiser and has lost his running game that made him a star.

He may need a change of scenery to bring out his best and most consistent footy.

Drinking ? I think someones been passing the Dutchie.....I can feel a bit of Bob Marley coming on ....

Seriously though, Personally and is only my personal preference, I would not like to see both DCE and Johnson as our halves, I think both do their best work when they have a stable hand next to them. I am hoping that with Elgey, DCE will mature as a play maker, call it only when he wants it, more importantly get the ball when he calls it, and not over play his hand letting Elgey do all the other silly stuff.
To my mind, two halves like Johnson and DCE together is counter productive. Just my thoughts though...

Now back to Marley............
Pass the dutchie on the left hand side
Pass teh dutchie on the left hand side
It a gonna burn, give me music make me jump and prance
It a go done, give me the music make me rock in the dance
Wasn't that musical youth?
Or have I been passing it.......

Harry, again I like your positivity and understand what you are trying to say. But, the Warriors don't need our players (maybe they could use Jake or Marty) for SJ.

Elgey is in De$'s hands now, so we will all have to wait and see!!!!!!!!
True, in Elgey we trust

Dessy’s back! :party:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10