Game Day: Sharks v Manly [Round 10, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a toxic den of plebs having a go at Ryan

Ffs I'll never be his greatest fan but he's more passionate about our club than most religious people are about religion

The ****er wants to see effort, that's it and if we're being honest Fainu hasn't been the same player since that time he played 80 minutes

I've never felt like a manly team has needed a bye as much as we do now but never call into question our master of yarts, not ever

Now play nice

But mate, everyone one of your posts today is about me. This is a footy forum. Shall I quote how many posts of yours just today, related to me, and not the football.

I agree. Let's enjoy the footy. Stop talking about me and people can.
No mate.

1 post was about you. Then you used the good old insult technique to start a discussion between us.

You must have missed the other 10 or 15 posts that were game related that I did.

Never mind. Enjoy your week.

Honestly , the last two games, I think he HAS been lazy. Especially compared to previous performance and intensity.

To be fair, I felt he had a better finish to his ending period on the field compared to when I originally made the comment.
Ryano

Im not sure what some people watch but fair dinkum have a look at the possession stats in the second half of the last three games.Absolutely no ball in the second halves against Bulldogs , Brisbane and Sharks. I an 100 percent certain no team this season will face possession stats like that in three successive games this year. The fact our boys have stood up with these stats ( including a kid like Mainu) should be regarded as remarkeable.

I’ve said this before. If a bloke blows and can’t do his job it’s an issue , if he blows and does his job it is not. He’s blowing because hes working hard.Thdyvare two totally different scenarios.

He made more tackles than anyone except Jake and Marty yesterday with probably less minutes than most of the forwards. Against the Dogs he made 30 plus and missed none, and continued to mske searching runs.. If that’s lazy I’ll take it , especially at his age in the guts of the engine room.
Performances need to be looked at in the context of possession ( which is the lifeblood of winning modern day games) and the age and experience of a player, not just generically compared week to week as though nothing changes and for a kid his age to stand up to pressure like that 3 weeks in a row is good work in my book.

Last edited:
Fainu's young and many people realise young guys find it hard to maintain form and consistency over the course of a season, especially in such an important position. When all players are back, I would give him a rest here and there to keep him fresh.

On another bright side.....

Brett Kimmorley is 0-10 in his tips in Manly games in 2019. That has to be some sort of record doesn't it? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
We've lost 4 mate lol So the idiot got it right 4/10. Still wouldnt want Brett betting for my life however....

On another subject, how good is Rueben going as our goalkicker.

He's missed two kicks in the last 3 games and both hit the post.

He hits them so sweetly with plenty of distance that I can't see the kicking duties going back to DCE.
Like watching a Greg Chappell cover drive lol - he sure hits em out of the middle!

Did anyone else just spot Gallen grabbing at Tafua's balls then?
I had to take a look at this to see if I was just imagining things. F**ing Grub.
Not too long ago this sort of act would be sorted out on the field. Do you think the match review committee will do anything to stamp this out in today's game?

upload_2019-5-20_13-47-28.png

upload_2019-5-20_13-50-38.png

upload_2019-5-20_13-48-28.png

Full credit to Tafua for not giving away a penalty or dropping the ball :)

On another subject, how good is Rueben going as our goalkicker.

He's missed two kicks in the last 3 games and both hit the post.

He hits them so sweetly with plenty of distance that I can't see the kicking duties going back to DCE.

Didnt he also volley the ball coming down from a bomb that led to Walker's try?

He must have a bit of soccer experience because that was a lovely touch.

Didnt he also volley the ball coming down from a bomb that led to Walker's try?

He must have a bit of soccer experience because that was a lovely touch.
Yes, he "soccered" into Dugan who coughed it up so Dylan could score. Still don't get why Feki didn't fall on it and give away a penalty to stop a try.

He also cleaned up a few grubbers and took a great catch from a bomb under enormous pressure when the Refs were pounding us with penalties.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6