Season Over?

Turbo done is a big one, the positive for me would be to give Koula a shot at the one jumper.

Still lacking the intensity in defence, like to see Bullemoor play in the middle and Tuitavake on the bench to add much needed energy.

Injuries can ruin your season, positive are the chance to blood some younger players and move out the non performers.

probably finished turbo could even be season

if i were des i would just go hail mary on an attacking team try get good early starts

YART
1 weekes
2 tuipulotu
3 walker
4 koula
5 garrick
6 foran
7 cherry-evans

8 aloiai
9 croker
10 trbojevic
11 olakau'atu
12 davey
13 schuster

14 segeyaro
15 keppie
16 sipley
17 taupau

18 bullemor

Season not over yet but it looks like it's on the ropes. Looking at our draw, factoring Turbo's injury, it really could downward spiral like 2020 after we beat raiders but lost heaps of players and our season just went off the rails. It could go like that honestly. But we gotta hang tough, there's a group of players that are playing really good footy this year. Garrick, Tui, Koula, Aloiai, DCE and Foz, Smole, Schu looks like he's going to explode soon. We've got the cavalry to do it. Going to have to pull a 2019 type season and hope Des can rejuvenate this side into fighting till the very end.

It's still a lot of the season left to go. I believe in my club.

I feel like this year, we are a fringe 8 side. Looking at the current ladder, we probably can only beat Rabbitohs who are ahead of us but can still most likely beat every other club below us. We are flat track bullies and we are the equator of this current competition. We will play out this season in tough circumstance and possibly battle it out with Souths to see who can finish at 8th and from finals, who knows what can happen. We will be a serious premiership threat next year, this year is not the one.

What's painful is the fact it seems for years now we cannot back up a promising season. 2017 solid season, 2018 nearly won our first spoon, 2019 season of true grit and determination and left us in so much hope for the next year, 2020 started off decent but spiraled out of control badly, 2021 our best season since golden eagles era and one win away from a GF, now in 2022 looks like we haven't learnt anything from our finals struggles from the previous years and we are battling injury after injury and look at best a fringe top 8 side.

Rope Hanging GIF by GritTV

Did the ping-pong balls interrupt your view at all?
No, I watched it on my phone in my guesthouse. However, the only game we've won since I arrived in Bangkok four weeks ago was v. Tigers which I watched at the Sportmans Bar. Maybe our luck will change if I watch the Storm game there on Thursday night :)

Last edited:
Not sure how we lost that match against Parra.

With Turbo out for a couple of months with dislocated shoulder.

We will get killed next week against Melb and be several wins off the 8.

We r gone!!
Oh man.... when you get up in the morning do you kick the dog wagging his tail at you, spit on the wife making your breaky and complain about what a crap life you have? You really wouldn't possibly see any good in any situation.

I would say it’s not looking good but if we get Tom back at the end of year and snag a couple of unexpected wins ( beating more favoured teams) flying under the radar we could make some waves in the finals. We played well last night if Tommy does not get injured and the ref just does there job properly we win that game every day of the week.

Tonight we may have narrowly lost the game

But we have found our true Manly grit and resilience and we can build on that for the remaining of the season .
This. I actually think this is the first time this year we really had a proper dig as a unit. As angry as I was I’m pleased with the effort. The challenge now is to build on and fight as a team. What better team to build on tonight v Melb next week. Also I might be in the extreme minority here but I actually think we’ve been better with Tom out and Garrick at fb. Tom has been at about 50% when’s he’s played and even last night he was way off his best. When he made that break he was going at about 70% I thought.

We likely won’t win next week, but we can certainly make a statement as a team as to what we want out of this season. Who knows, we galvanize as a team and win sone games over the next 6 weeks we can still push for the 8, then get an origin less tom back for a late run at the finals. I’ll never lose faith u til we are mathematically no chance of making the finals.

probably finished turbo could even be season

if i were des i would just go hail mary on an attacking team try get good early starts

YART
1 weekes
2 tuipulotu
3 walker
4 koula
5 garrick
6 foran
7 cherry-evans

8 aloiai
9 croker
10 trbojevic
11 olakau'atu