Season 2022 covid thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think I've found the solution to our problems. Hand these out to all the boys.

269743432_10227633351238433_2962798820465562066_n.jpg

Talking to a friend regarding the Covid impact in relation to weeks where there will be individual clubs missing half a team for the game, he made a simple but effective solution, of increasing the squad by 5 - 10 players....maybe keep it at 30 players....with an activation clause (only if players are out due to covid rules) the extra players are activated.
Well we're well and truly farked. We lose one player (obviously Turbo) and we're sh1t.

Thing is we all have to live thru this. Let them be a labourer or a normal 9 to 5 er making 50k a year. I have real trouble feeling sorry for people that kick a footy around, are treated like demi gods and have little to worry about feeling sorry for themselves.
Not sorry for them at at all, just giving them the benefit of a little leeway in that they just learnt of the restrictions and could have just vented like we all do at times regardless of income, job, or circumstance.
If they continue to whinge about it then they deserve all the criticism aimed their way.

FROM TWITTER
https://twitter.com/PhilGould15
Has there been any discussion within the NRL / with clubs / between clubs, regarding expanded squad numbers to help manage potential impact of covid on player availability. eg bringing forward availability time for development players and second tier contract players?
https://twitter.com/PhilGould15
@PhilGould15
·
2m

I met with Andrew Abdo last week on range of subjects, including this. My view is no player, outside top 30 paid players for salary cap purposes, should be denied NRL opportunity, nor should clubs be restricted for choice. I’m optimistic NRL will announce common sense policy soon
Quote Tweet

It also has Season 2022 in the title which was probably an attempt to keep it Rugby League related. Unfortunately it has devolved into just another COVID19 thread. By being in the Rugby League Forum it is stealing oxygen from actual footy chat.

Stealing oxygen…not bad.

As much as we’d all like to forget about Covid, it is going to impact the 2022 season. When news breaks, then any Covid discussion will descend into this sort of nonsense anyway, so best to just get used to ignoring this sort of chat as soon as you can. Trying to stifle discussion seems a bit over the top imo when you can just skip it. It is the off season, there’s only so many “player x is training the house down”, “player B is on a new diet” discussions that can keep people interested.

Had a guy tell me with a straight face the vax is in fact a tracking chip which provides info via 5G to a cabal of globalists (Gates, Soros, Rothchilds etc) ... or a kill shot he wasn't 100% which (maybe both?). Linked to UN Agenda 2030 or something.

Since then I simply laugh at the "do your own research" crowd.

Word is Frank the Tank is responding well to treatment, I hope this is accurate and he makes a full recovery!!

Also, you guys read this?

“As a percentage, we would have about 75 per cent that have had it or are going through it (either Covid-19 or close-contact isolation) at the moment,” Robinson said.

That seems like a lot. Out of my sphere of friends two have had it and two close contact, everyone else is all good. Much much less than 75%.

“As a percentage, we would have about 75 per cent that have had it or are going through it (either Covid-19 or close-contact isolation) at the moment,” Robinson said.

That seems like a lot. Out of my sphere of friends two have had it and two close contact, everyone else is all good. Much much less than 75%.
I reckon I have circa 30 family and friends who have had it

I'm going to have disinfect myself as I I don't normally agree with the red faced cockchafer nor his cockchafer team. But good on them for taking the attitude they have about getting on with it. Unlike the said whingers.

Omicron really sends to the wrong message to many who become lax forgetting that Delta is still at large. The NRL have a tough assignment in 2022. Its pretty clear that the players do not want to be in a bubble for the entire season. What is likely that clubs will have players unavailable for matches during the season as a result of injury and covid infections. Clubs that have good depth and manage their squads well will have the most success during the season. T

Ok - great divided opinions with zero 100% certain answers, only personal views with the old "I'm right because......"

The real reason this is in with the rugby league section, is because the original thread was about the Covid effect on the 2022 season and watching our Seaeagles soar......something like 10 pages ago, there's another thread in the "General section" for ppl to compare notes on various media reports and have a pi**ing comp about being right on this changing, unpredictable and uncertain topic.

So just to get back to the footy, what's the opinions on the 2022 season....will this run smoothly ?
I see most weeks going ahead, but feel there will be a Massive amount of player camps getting flooded with virus and missing games and a heap of rookies and unexpected players, getting a shot.

So just to get back to the footy, what's the opinions on the 2022 season....will this run smoothly ?
I see most weeks going ahead, but feel there will be a Massive amount of player camps getting flooded with virus and missing games and a heap of rookies and unexpected players, getting a shot.

I'm optimistic we will be in a much better place come mid-March and for the most part theseason will run pretty smoothly

A bunch of posts have now been moved over to the General forum Covid discussion thread.
Let's try to keep this one for pandemic stuff that actually relates to the footy.

"Covid" sense has prevailed. Let's hope that season 2022 is only minimally impacted by the virus, and it's multiple variants. It's impossible for any of us to predict right now, just how badly Covid will affect the season. All we really know, is that so far the NRL has managed to complete two full seasons in the middle of a global pandemic. I am really hoping they make it a trifecta.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4