Season 2022 covid thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just wondering if this thread could be moved from the Rugby League Forum into the General Discussion Forum? Perhaps the Rugby League Forum should remain purely focussed on Rugby League discussion? Just a thought.🧐🤔😎
Or perhaps this thread could be used for its originally intended purpose? To discuss season 2022 and how covid will affect it?

Just wondering if this thread could be moved from the Rugby League Forum into the General Discussion Forum? Perhaps the Rugby League Forum should remain purely focussed on Rugby League discussion? Just a thought.🧐🤔😎
If you wanna keep this thread in the Rugby League forum then you must atleast tenuously link your COVID19 diatribe to the 2022 season. If it continues to be a COVID19 only thread it will end up merged.

i started this thread for thoughts on the 22 season and how it will be affected. Being based in London we are further down the road in relation to infection rates and sporting comps being affected at this very moment.

I admit I've been sucked down the rabbit hole on the discussion as well so from now on its all info directly related to facts and effects on our great game.

In relation to my BBl team the Brisbane Heat, not even Covid can help them. In fact I think Chris Lynn probably watches the daily numbers broadcast with fingers crossed “please be 5000 cases with (insert next opponent here) players testing positive!”

Well I’m starting to wonder now if the Covid stuff mightn’t be somewhat over by the start of the season??

25,000 cases today alone

Maybe 50,000 by the weekend

Maybe 100,000 by next week

By March millions would have had it and recovered.

Maybe

BBL & Test Matches in Sydney still going ahead at the moment. Can't see any reason as to why NRL crowds will be halted at this stage.

If healthy & fully vaccinated (including any boosters) and are still worried about getting COVID, then you might as well weld your doors shut because it's near impossible to stop an airborne virus. We're all going to get it at some point.
I agree mate but it won't take too much more until the hospitals have trouble coping. That's when the govt will put the hammer down.

21,000+ in NSW today. Put all those at Brookie and you've got the crowd of the season!

Saw on TV this morning that Covid has necessitated the cancelation/postponement of 22 professional sporting fixtures this month.

I fear this will be the distinguishing feature of the 2022 season.

Saw on TV this morning that Covid has necessitated the cancelation/postponement of 22 professional sporting fixtures this month.

I fear this will be the distinguishing feature of the 2022 season.

Nah, it will be just about all over by the time we hit Mudgee.

I'm feeling the NRL will have to implement Sticky Ricky's plan and throw open the door to all contracted players of a team being allowed to be picked every week. Only way to keep games going when the top guys start dropping like flies.

Sad news. Hope he pulls thru but will be interested to see if he's had the vaccination.
Screenshot_20211231-095510_Instagram.jpg

Was at the anti vaxx rally earlier this year so unlikely, sadly. Hope he pulls through
Mods on here need to FACT CHECK these posts about Frank Pritchard attending the lockdown rally. Frank Winterstein, Ben Roberts, and Roy Asotasi were the ex NRL players who attended this event. Apart from a few unsubstantiated Facebook and Twitter threads, there has been ZERO Reports of Frank Pritchard EVER attending an anti vaccine protest. We don't want any misinformation to spread now.

Last edited:
Mods on here need to FACT CHECK these posts about Frank Pritchard attending the lockdown rally. Frank Winterstein, Ben Roberts, and Roy Asotasi were the ex NRL players who attended this event. Apart from a few unsubstantiated Facebook and Twitter threads, there has been ZERO Reports of Frank Pritchard EVER attending an anti vaccine protest. We don't want any misinformation to spread now.
That is what the report button is here for (as we can not check every post)

I don't know about Frank Pritchard but Frank Winterstein is always there because his wife is a massive ant-vaxxer.

And not just Covid. She doesn't vaccinate her children period. Promotes the conspiracy theories of Andrew Garfield and the "MMR vaccine causes autism" crew. Crazy stuff.

I don't know about Frank Pritchard but Frank Winterstein is always there because his wife is a massive ant-vaxxer.

And not just Covid. She doesn't vaccinate her children period. Promotes the conspiracy theories of Andrew Garfield and the "MMR vaccine causes autism" crew. Crazy stuff.
Frank Winterstein and his wife are 100% anti-vaxxers. I'm pretty sure Frank got vaccinated after his son contracted the virus in May.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6