Season 2022 covid thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"Covid" sense has prevailed. Let's hope that season 2022 is only minimally impacted by the virus, and it's multiple variants. It's impossible for any of us to predict right now, just how badly Covid will affect the season. All we really know, is that so far the NRL has managed to complete two full seasons in the middle of a global pandemic. I am really hoping they make it a trifecta.

Optimism is good for the soul @SeaEagleRock8
However, the NRL has the "tries" on the scoreboard so far. I'm going to back them in again.

I would be more optimistic with NRL season being less affected if the states were all on the same page. QLD VIC NSW have different rules and to me this is where confusion will be in navigating the red tape of Covid.

Hopefully NRL and states can come up with some protocols to keep games going. If you look at EPL, sure there have been game cancellations due to outbreaks in teams, but by and large the EPL is pushing through.

I am looking forawrd to enjoying some good footie. Fingers crossed.

With our season commencing in March the only positive is the peak of the current “ wave” might be through by then.

If it’s not there’s going to be disruptions aplenty.

With our season commencing in March the only positive is the peak of the current “ wave” might be through by then.

If it’s not there’s going to be disruptions aplenty.
Pretty sure I've been hearing the peak will be late January early Feb from some of the exports in Syd and Bris, or as this all been revised now ?

Evidently NSA has gone MIA.

If he thinks he's going to be allowed to play in 2022 unvaccinated, maybe he should have a quick chat to Novax Djokovic.

The only thing that may save him (and it's a long shot) are the exploding case numbers. But I just can't see anyone getting any latitude in this area.

I would be more optimistic with NRL season being less affected if the states were all on the same page. QLD VIC NSW have different rules and to me this is where confusion will be in navigating the red tape of Covid.

Hopefully NRL and states can come up with some protocols to keep games going. If you look at EPL, sure there have been game cancellations due to outbreaks in teams, but by and large the EPL is pushing through.

I am looking forawrd to enjoying some good footie. Fingers crossed.
Over here each nation (England, Scotland, Wales) have their own rules which has led to Chester soccer club getting in hot water with the Welsh government. Unbelievably 3 sides of the ground are in England and 1 is in Wales whose government doesn't allow more than 50 people to gather. So confusion reigns wherever you live

Some of the athletes from other sports are discovering how serious the Vid can be.

Thats the big issue for players in particular league players. It's not how sick they get when they test positive. It's the level of fitness they can attain afterwards and now with the faster game, will it put lives in jeopardy

Many saying the peak will pass before the season starts so all will be right but what of the players who have already had it, how will it effect their performances. The great unknown.

Some of the athletes from other sports are discovering how serious the Vid can be.

It's a point worth highlighting. I got covid in the first wave (April 5th '20) and although I'm by no means an athlete, I'm still pretty fit for a bloke in his early 50's. Fast forward nearly 2 years and I have come to the conclusion that I will never be the same again. Sure I can get about my normal duties day to day but anything that requires that extra effort takes its toll. Now imagine your job requiring you to give that extra % a few times every week. It could well be the end for some players of different sports

It's a point worth highlighting. I got covid in the first wave (April 5th '20) and although I'm by no means an athlete, I'm still pretty fit for a bloke in his early 50's. Fast forward nearly 2 years and I have come to the conclusion that I will never be the same again. Sure I can get about my normal duties day to day but anything that requires that extra effort takes its toll. Now imagine your job requiring you to give that extra % a few times every week. It could well be the end for some players of different sports
Gosh UK, so sorry to hear, hope recovery still progresses a bit more for you. But I loved your Chester soccer club story!

This is the great unknown that hasn't been spoken about very much. Hopefully no players die, or even need to go on life support, but many people seem to assume you might get a headache or sniffle then be fine after a few days. Which for many could be right, but we just don't know yet how many will suffer long term impairments of one sort or another.
Which would be significant for anyone and, as you succinctly point out, could be devastating for some pro sport careers.

It’s a good point , the one we’ve moved into regarding “ long Covid “.

So many are saying “ it’s just a sniffle “ what are you worried about.

Imagine if you will the games top players getting Covid and then not being able to train at peak levels for 6 months or even more.

Bugger me it could decimate the game ( of its best ).

It’s a good point , the one we’ve moved into regarding “ long Covid “.

So many are saying “ it’s just a sniffle “ what are you worried about.

Imagine if you will the games top players getting Covid and then not being able to train at peak levels for 6 months or even more.

Bugger me it could decimate the game ( of its best ).
True Mark..got a feeling all of our squad will be getting a lot of equal game time this year, forget about injuries, now it's absent/not playing due to covid.

I am missing the footy so much, that I went to the aquarium today just to boo the Eels
There are 1000s of Eels living surprisingly close to Brookie. Curl Curl lagoon is full of them. When I was young they were the only thing that could survive in there.

There are 1000s of Eels living surprisingly close to Brookie. Curl Curl lagoon is full of them. When I was young they were the only thing that could survive in there.
Yup we used to fish for them off the wooden bridge near the netball courts with handlines and meatballs. We caught some massive ones too

I am missing the footy so much, that I went to the aquarium today just to boo the Eels

minions-laughing-rofl.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4