The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schuster had the 2nd highest number of tackle breaks last night, behind Turbo, but in front of everyone else.

Nobody wants this Ferrari 2nd rower doing hit ups just so guys like you can look and marvel at the metre stats. Comparing him to Lewis Brown is plain anti Manly.

You watch, those tackle breaks will lead to try assists sooner than later.
Haha are you talking tackle breaks against him? Cos I seen him arm grab for 2 clean line breaks straight past.
No sense busting tackles if you are averaging 4m per hit up! I'm not just looking at stats its clear as day watching him he is poorly out of form and I think 90% of people on here would agree.
I dont necessarily want him doing tough hit ups BUT I would like him to run onto the ball just once, that would make my day ;)

Schuster plays where Des tells him to play and what's good for the team.

And you are living in fairyland thinking any NRL player would want to come off the bench in preference to starting.

Hold up ... try and carry the same thought all the way to the end of a sentence ... you start by saying he will play where Des tells him to ... and then say he won't be happy coming of the bench .... will you also be reviving the old he will leave the club if Foran plays 5/8th crap ..

And no, you are the one telling me exactly what the SChu is thinking ... I simply pointed out that he could in fact think differently ... Rugby League has been a 17 man game for years, being on the bench is now an important role and not the demotion it was 40 years ago ...

I've been doing a little thinking, surmising, pondering and the like. Considering the possibilities of what side might run out against the Rabbits on Friday. I concluded that ol' Desmond has the Charlie Darwin touch. The way he aped the Melbourne Storm bench rotation last night is empirical evidence that the man is evolving - as is his team. A blessed thought indeed.

For weeks people were saying he was over playing his hand at the wrong time. Come to the back end of the season he has reeled this in when we needed to win and played hard, taking the hit ups when needed.

Obviously fatigue is a factor going through a full season, but I think more he doesn't want to make mistakes.

This will be good for him come next year. Skill and potential is still there, but now you add a full season, big game experience and more selectivity on his plays. Could be a big year next year, but if he is gonna be a play maker long term, he can't be pegged in the gifty mould for too long.
Now that's a thought.

I've been doing a little thinking, surmising, pondering and the like. Considering the possibilities of what side might run out against the Rabbits on Friday. I concluded that ol' Desmond has the Charlie Darwin touch. The way he aped the Melbourne Storm bench rotation last night is empirical evidence that the man is evolving - as is his team. A blessed thought indeed.
"empirical evidence"....
best use of alliteration I've read on Silvertails for some time.
Beautiful work.

Schuster had the 2nd highest number of tackle breaks last night, behind Turbo, but in front of everyone else.

Nobody wants this Ferrari 2nd rower doing hit ups just so guys like you can look and marvel at the metre stats. Comparing him to Lewis Brown is plain anti Manly.

You watch, those tackle breaks will lead to try assists sooner than later.
Yeah he not choc watmough he a gifty type of backrower. Game breaker slight of hand.

. He was up-beat, aggressive and loving his footy a few months ago. I would imagine he is getting pretty jack of all the defensive work he has to do and there being a huge lack of ball-playing opportunities for him of late.

Do you really think he’d be upset? I don’t.

Any player of his age would fight tooth and nail to be a starting player in a top 4 team, lining up one game from the GF, in his first season. Surely it is a dream come true. And he’s trying really hard out there.

Do you really think he’d be upset? I don’t.

Any player of his age would fight tooth and nail to be a starting player in a top 4 team, lining up one game from the GF, in his first season. Surely it is a dream come true. And he’s trying really hard out there.
he was visibly upset when he put that nice move on and then spilt the ball... i think Des has just drilled ball control into them for the Roosters game, I think he will show some of his usual flair again against Souffs

. He was up-beat, aggressive and loving his footy a few months ago. I would imagine he is getting pretty jack of all the defensive work he has to do and there being a huge lack of ball-playing opportunities for him of late.

LOLOLOLOLOL

yea right, he would much rather be Cade Cust or Ben Turbo doing jack all, rather than playing first grade and 2 wins from the GF.
He could spend all his spare time looking for that phone Suli threw away :rofl:

LOLOLOLOLOL

yea right, he would much rather be Cade Cust or Ben Turbo doing jack all, rather than playing first grade and 2 wins from the GF.
He could spend all his spare time looking for that phone Suli threw away :rofl:
Can you please share the reason for his change in form then oh wise one.

Can you please share the reason for his change in form then oh wise one.

Imo Des has told him to tighten his game up and Walker coming on after 25 mins seems to have taken a lot of the ball playing options away from him.

I have also noticed he has strapping down the base of his spine - perhaps still not 100% fit because of that.

I think we all forget, he is only 20 years old. Doing pretty darn well imo.

Imo Des has told him to tighten his game up and Walker coming on after 25 mins seems to have taken a lot of the ball playing options away from him.

I have also noticed he has strapping down the base of his spine - perhaps still not 100% fit because of that.
Just rookie nerves like all the others in the team in just their 2nd semi and after a wakeup call last week - theyll be better for the win this week and now know what it takes... He'll need to choose his moments more carefully for the greater good

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8