The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker coming on after 25 mins seems to have taken a lot of the ball playing options away from him.
You don't think a show-off kid with 5/8 aspirations would be peeved at this? After he was lining up for the 5/8 role and Des shoved Foz in front of him for 2 years. Who knows how the kid feels.

Definitely playing a different style of late. Earlier in the year he was forcing the big play with varying levels of success. It looked spectacular but the risk/reward wasn't in our favour. Fairly certain that he is reigning in the hero plays under Des's instructions. Interesting that he opened his bag of tricks once he moved to 5/8.

You don't think a show-off kid with 5/8 aspirations would be peeved at this? After he was lining up for the 5/8 role and Des shoved Foz in front of him for 2 years. Who knows how the kid feels.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.
It probably does, but he needs to do what his coach tells him to do and what is best for the team.

And every play luvs playing first grade and he luvs playing for Manly.

I think he is going good, not great but still better than Sirro or Jetski who he replaced.

you're flogging a dead horse with this one... hes every bit thankful for just being in the team about to launch into a GF....

. He was up-beat, aggressive and loving his footy a few months ago. I would imagine he is getting pretty jack of all the defensive work he has to do and there being a huge lack of ball-playing opportunities for him of late.
Wow - really? Fcuk him off if that is the case. Considering the boys are playing a team sport, and are one game away from contesting a GF.

Schuster is playing the role he has been asked to play. Its not going to change this late in the season. It's been hard for him to adapt to the flat style of play Des has implemented in attack over the last 6/7 weeks. Both him and Ola'katau have had issues adapting to it. However, I think that will change for the better against South's. Go Manly.

By minor short term benefit would that include making a GF? That's a pretty big benefit. Marty started from bench, Kikau is starting from bench so its no big deal to bench a forward
Yes, but both Kikau and Marty know their place in the jungle whereas Schuster is still finding his.
I'd say at this stage of his development it's play the role and see how things pan out whereas coming off the bench he'd be more inclined to feel compelled to make things happen.

He still has plenty of errors in him just tucking it under his arm and hitting a spot.

I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it .... but ..

Schuster has been contained well for the past month, and without any inside knowledge, he just looks tired and frustrated to me .. first full seasons in the NRL can drain young players, added to the bubble effect, and this can possibly be seen as expected ..

I can't help thinking that putting him on the bench ... and injecting him would revitalize him and work well ..Lawton could go back to 2nd row, I was thinking Keppie, but after his performance last night I wouldn't move him for quids.
Definitely can’t do this. He does look tired but his ball playing unlocks Turbo on that edge.

By minor short term benefit would that include making a GF? That's a pretty big benefit. Marty started from bench, Kikau is starting from bench so its no big deal to bench a forward
Do you really think that Schuster starting on the bench would be the difference between winning and losing this prelim? I think there are several more important things that Manly need to do as a team to get the W on Friday.

Do you really think that Schuster starting on the bench would be the difference between winning and losing this prelim? I think there are several more important things that Manly need to do as a team to get the W on Friday.
I think Manly would benefit from having a hard running, hole hitting backrower so yes! having a backrower able to hit a hole and score a try could be the difference between winning and losing. Having that extra forward do the hard yards out of our end could be the difference between winning and losing! Schuster has "match winner" in him but I haven't seen any evidence of that for 6 weeks or more. Starting him from the bench could unlock his skill by being fresh against tired defenders.

He Needs to play first receiver so he’s got more space. Jake has been hogging the ball too much and Schuster too passive. Get some combo going with Turbo Around the ruck.

I think Manly would benefit from having a hard running, hole hitting backrower so yes! having a backrower able to hit a hole and score a try could be the difference between winning and losing. Having that extra forward do the hard yards out of our end could be the difference between winning and losing! Schuster has "match winner" in him but I haven't seen any evidence of that for 6 weeks or more. Starting him from the bench could unlock his skill by being fresh against tired defenders.
The back up options for Schuey are Lawton (currently playing hooker, and we will need him to keep us solid defensively in the middle for 80 minutes as i dont think Croker can do it for the whole game), Keppie (who we need to start the game with defensive aggression), Siro who is way underdone to start a prelim and Gosiewski (FML if Des picks him to start).

In addition to that, we would lose the long term developmental benefit to Schuey gaining the experience of how fast the start of a prelim final is and understanding what it takes to play for 80 minutes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8