Schuster or Foran for 5/8th 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Schuster or Foran, 5/8th in 2022

• Foran

Votes: 91 65.0%
  • Schuster

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is absolute crap.
Let's assume it happened - if so, the idea that a manager would write to a club complaining about the client's treament without the OK of the player concerned is absurd.
Not to mention, if it happened how would Weed know unless the manager had tipped him off? Would anyone at Manly have contacted Weed and given him that news? Um, no.

Every player, certainly as far Manly is concerned (not too fussed about how poorly run other clubs are) when signing should be told in no uncertain terms that any issues that get publicised by their manager will count against the player himself. In other words have a manager by all means but make sure they know exaclty what you expect from them in terms of any media leaks that the club may not be happy about.

It's not good enough for a player to say 'Oh my manager did it I didn't know'.

This story makes Schu's manager looks like crap, and doesn't do much for Schu himself either. Weidler looked like crap already so no change there.
The manager is looking after his clients best interest as he should otherwise not doing his job! Foran way past his best anyway!

Is management promising a player they will play a certain position even a thing?

Surely the coach decides that, based on the squad he's got and what's best for the team, at the time, and I am not sure Des would promise he would be 5/8 by year X. Sure discussions would have been had about his role at manly leading i to the future, but you fit where the team needs you, where your skill level/skillets currently lie and where you are at in your development.

Is it just kids these days...demanding to play a specific position?

Is management promising a player they will play a certain position even a thing?

Surely the coach decides that, based on the squad he's got and what's best for the team, at the time, and I am not sure Des would promise he would be 5/8 by year X. Sure discussions would have been had about his role at manly leading i to the future, but you fit where the team needs you, where your skill level/skillets currently lie and where you are at in your development.

Is it just kids these days...demanding to play a specific position?
different positions command different dollars
valentine holmes wanted fullback money so he went to a club that gave it to him and briefly agreed to see him as a fullback,

mid contract not so much but when negotiating i presume its a yes, especially if its in the spine

I doubt a manager would "write" to a club. Surely he would just have a chat to Des and co?

What would he say anyway?

Dear Sir,

My client Schu has been injured for 9 weeks. Thank you for working with him and managing him through rehab over this period.

ps - can you select him at 5/8 this week, and drop Foran?

Cheers,
Player Manager

cc - Danny Weirdler, for immediate publication.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone would argue against the ball touching shoes hands more when we are in the attack. He's a pretty big boy at 5/8. Not saying he can't be a half, but I know when I very first laid eyes on the shoe, my first thoughts was of a young Fitler at lock.

This whole story is based of an email that Schusters management sent to the club. You can bet your life the club didn't forward the email so it is definitely the manager leaking it. I'd be surprised if the email said "if you don't play Josh at 5/8 he is walking". More likely it was a friendly reminder that they had a handshake agreement that Josh was seen as the future 5/8 for the club. It's manager shenanigans and I doubt Josh would be happy about this being played out in the media.

But in 2021 - his first year of first grade, playing backrow and looking like he’d bulked up considerably - I think he played 20+ games?… can’t remember exactly.

Hoping he comes back and shows what he’s capable of.
He made his NRL debut round 17, 2020 and was injured and out for 3 rounds. In 2021 he played in 22 games and was injured/out for 6 weeks from rounds 12-17.

Schuster is too overweight to play 5/8. What made him excel was his explosive speed and footwork at 6 in the juniors.

Sure he still had the skill, but Owen Craigie was also better our wide, and they are similar players.

Just struggled size wise in the halves.

Do you know the injuries? It would play a part in the discussion if he is being labeled as injury prone.
After much searching, I found both 2020 and 2021 were calf injuries but unsure if they were the same leg.

The games where Schuster played 6 last season he did very well, the game against Parramatta he had a great game.

If there was a handshake agreement then all parties should acknowledge it, I understand where his management is coming from, Des would want Foz for next season and Schuster’s management are getting on the front foot which is fair enough.

Based on what?

As far as I remember his only start in the halves was the parra game where he was arguably the best on the field
He had a great game, injury ruled him out getting a fair run in the 6.

Schuster is all class and the club should acknowledge he is one of the future players at the club.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8