Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Buzz can't even get hos facts correct. Anthony Watmough was medically retired after Parra fed the NRL bs.

It was Parra's insurance company that rejected it based on medical evidence

t took five weeks for the Broncos to get approval from the NRL for Gillett’s retirement and release from the salary cap.
How on earth did they approve that one?????

Manly had to keep Brett Stewart in the salary cap despite a career ending knee injury. The same with Anthony Watmough at Parramatta.
Get your facts straight fool, Watmough was controversially approved in order to help the Eels overcome the slap on the wrist they got for cheating the cap

The NRL knows this is potentially a major problem.
Umm, it's already a major problem.
It’s why they are saying an investigation into the Burgess case will not be completed until next month. They want to study all the surgery and physio records.
No, they just hope something will happen in the mean time to take peoples minds off it.
There is a perception in the game that Todd Greenberg has a soft spot for the Rabbitohs.
He'd bend over forwards for them.

NRL are concerned with CTE but I've yet to hear of an oversight of the use of pain killers which enables a player to further damage himself :cool:

Cortisol indirectly acts on bone by blocking calcium absorption which decreases bone cell growth [12]. ... Excessive elevation of cortisol levels, such as in hypercortisolism or Cushing's syndrome

Manly Sea Eagles 2017 have Matai and Snake on the books for 1 mil plus. Both with busted bodies but of course medical retirement is rejected. Followed by the cap penalty BS over two years.
2019 GI retires, medical grounds granted, old Bennett and Russ go on a spending spree.
Prior to 2020 Burgess, Gillett and the Tigpie all lining up and for retirement with their club's to receive cap compensation.
Greenbergs bias and anti-Manly agenda is rife.
Growl:mad:

Manly Sea Eagles 2017 have Matai and Snake on the books for 1 mil plus. Both with busted bodies but of course medical retirement is rejected. Followed by the cap penalty BS over two years.
2019 GI retires, medical grounds granted, old Bennett and Russ go on a spending spree.
Prior to 2020 Burgess, Gillett and the Tigpie all lining up and for retirement with their club's to receive cap compensation.
Greenbergs bias and anti-Manly agenda is rife.
Growl:mad:

I dont think it is Greenberg bias . It is Greenburg incompetence to be on top of things

Under the incompetent Greengurg the NRL game will never be on top .

Tricky issue in many ways when there is the diverse situation in regard to pre existing injuries , chronic injuries or a combination of both . Then whether a full dispensation or partial concession for any cap provision should be warranted . Obvious bias with Snake and Matai to disadvantage Manly of course but if this present latitude and interpretation continues , not inconceivable that even Manly in future times could then receive some benefit with a player who has to be genuinely medically retired and in contrast again with Snake and Matai"s prior examples . Maybe a case to limit a contract where the presence of pre existing or chronic injuries is clearly established . But what body would administer or adjudicate there . The current situation hardly seems right but again formulating some improved and balanced guidelines , quite challenging .

Mate, it $hits the lot of us. The Worms were allowed to medically retire Choc despite QBE refusing to pay out due to them ruling that his knee injury was from pre-existing injuries. Souffs were allowed to medically retire 1nglis to allow bogus ambassador roles and now with Samantha they will get offered a similar deal.

But Manly with Snake and Skivvy? Nope, we had to carry them in our squad and have them under the salary cap.

Its one big effing joke. Welcome to the NRL under Greenturd.....
Like most things in life the nrl is a joke. Beyond sick of the cheating and bias i am.... fuk the nrl

It’s a Rort and everyone knows it, whilst I’m not a big fan of Buzz he at least has the scope to promote a story in the papers and on Twitter, so good luck to him!!
Wait till Dugan is retired medically unfit. Just in time for Val Holmes to take up his (salary cap exempt) position. You’ll hear nothing from Buzz when it happens.

Wait till Dugan is retired medically unfit. Just in time for Val Holmes to take up his (salary cap exempt) position. You’ll hear nothing from Buzz when it happens.

Yep, that’ll be showing his true colours BUT still good to see a high profile journo have a crack at this absolute rich club Rort.

Ditto, I rarely watch any other game these days, other than SOO and Finals.

-Other than Manly....

SOO and Aust tests for me (though I didn't watch Tonga v Aust). Don't even watch non Manly finals.

When the watchnrl subscription comes around in March I doubt I will renew. I paid full price when nearly everyone else from o/s I know got a discount and I rarely watch any show due to the continual Manly sucks sentiments from a lot of them and the Melb love fest from everyone.

Getting the Manly games isn't a drama.

el oh el

There you go feathered friend I found the link .

I hope your happy now :)

Mate, as much as I love rugby league its getting to the point where if it wasn't for Manly I wouldn't even bother with the NRL.
I totally agree once we "lost" that finals game I cancelled my Foxtel. I have some much love for manly... I'm still heart broken/pissed off from the 2013 gf and since then the games been fixed imho all the teams that needed to win
Storm
South's
Sharks
NQLD
Storm
Dragons
Rorters
All bS premierships according to me

Players are no machines and if a player is injured whether it is an old injury that has been aggravated or not the the club should be entitled to medically retire the player with supporting medical evidence. Once a player is medically retired the NRL should simply stamp that players file "No further registration of contracts". Otherwise a serious duty of care issue is raised in respect of the club and the NRL for not making this option available. The varied application of this rule is just another product of consistency being overrated by Mr Greenburg. The issue as to whether a player plays again after medical retirement should be a contractual matter between the player and the club who would I expect only make the payout conditional on a term that the player is not permitted to play again in any other competition or code and that the payout can be made in yearly installments proportionate to the remainder of the contract. At least the poorer clubs have time to space out the payment of the balance of the contract and if a player breaches the contract and starts to play somewhere else the club is not trying to recover all of the remaining contract funds.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4